Hater? Troll? Bully?? or just plain ignorant

Options

Replies

• findingmarina
    Options
    salladeve wrote: »
    Why would you expect that from a female coworker? Being an asshat has no gender!

Please refer to my reply on this. I guess you have to know and understand the place I work at!
  • 50sFit
    50sFit Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    So...did you ever get "any backhanded, not so nice remarks" from people at your workplace??
    I never get any such remarks...because I'll FIRE THEM! >:)

• Woomytron
    Woomytron Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    The guy is a jerk, period. He is clearly jealous for some reason or another. I agree with what others said and if this doesn't improve to take it to HR. You look great! :D
  • blueblueheart
    Options
    You do look great - and he IS a jerk, but I'd monitor your behavior a bit to gauge what ammo he might come at you with if you do report the incident.

If you've been taking a lot of selfie/facebook/diet speech time at work, it might not actually work out the way you planned.
  • findingmarina
    Options
    You do look great - and he IS a jerk, but I'd monitor your behavior a bit to gauge what ammo he might come at you with if you do report the incident.

If you've been taking a lot of selfie/facebook/diet speech time at work, it might not actually work out the way you planned.
    I never like to talk about my "health lifestyle" because I would feel pressured. I guess he noticed because I have been making better choices when I do eat. But yes I agree with you!!
  • findingmarina
    Options
    50sFit wrote: »
    So...did you ever get "any backhanded, not so nice remarks" from people at your workplace??
    I never get any such remarks...because I'll FIRE THEM! >:)

Lucky!! :#
  • RebelDiamond
    RebelDiamond Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Get Him Fired. That is pathetic behavior and I probably would have yelled at him... and then cried in the bathroom... or maybe cried to my boss, that would do the trick to get him in enough trouble.
    On another note, he is jealous, he is insecure, he is a jerk and he needs to be slapped hard. You are fab, not because you're smokin' but because you're strong enough to brush it off and walk away.
  • findingmarina
    Options
    BinkyBonk wrote: »
    None of the options you've presented accurately describe this guy. Unfortunately anything I want to say about him violates the MFP terms of use. He's a sad individual with a miserable pathetic existence and wants to bring others down. Girl, you look fabulous. I would seriously consider reporting his behaviour to HR. He's way over the line in taking your photo without your consent, let alone his disgusting comments.

Thank you for your words, yes you are right. This incident just rubbed me the wrong way. Ugh
  • lessismoreohio
    lessismoreohio Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Stalker ?
  • findingmarina
    Options
    blazepurr wrote: »
    I'd say it's bullying/harassment and you should report it, especially if it happens again

ABSOLUTELY this. Go to HR and rais a fit about how his remarks and behavior toward you are making you uncomfortable and they are unwanted, and they will have his *kitten* in the office so fast, chewing him out so bad he won't even know what hit him.

I'm awfully glad you didn't really take offense to it, but seriously, taking pictures of you literally behind your back, without your permission, then making derogatory remarks about your weight and personal appearance? Totally inappropriate, rude, and best of all, illegal. Roast his *kitten*.

Love it!! Roast his butt haha. Thank you!
  • sentaruu
    sentaruu Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    report that idiot. you are gorgeous!
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    I would go directly to HR, do not pass go, do not collect $200.
  • blossomingbutterfly
    blossomingbutterfly Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    That is definitely workplace harassment. Log it in as much detail as you can and that way you have it if/when you need to report it in the future. He may do more. That's awful. Just awful!
  • BansheeCat
    Options
    You look great! There are other reasons why a man would take a pic of a beautiful woman but I wont delve into it. I think you know what I'm talking about. Major ick factor!

Other than that...this is harrasement because it's making you feel uncomfortable. However, in order for it be federally protected harrassment your HR can follow up on(or other administration, legal or otherwise), you MUST state it clearly to him. If you've labeled the inappropriate behavior then action can be taken if it happens again. Until then, its very hard for HR to do anything. Definitely document.

I've only had this happen two times in my worklife where I had to say something...warning the next time I'll talk to the supervisors, next time HR. Both griped but it stopped immediately. Ironically, we became civil again after some time had passed.

• kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    I think you look fine. I think his behavior was out of line and you should probably report him to HR. I think there's a good chance this will also bite you in the behind a little bit when you have to tell the entire story and he tells his side of the story as far as using company time to post selfies on Facebook and everyone in the office talking about what's being posted on Facebook which led up to the incident.

Not saying this to deter you from reporting him, he absolutely should be reported, just be prepared for that as HR has to handle the situation objectively.
  • Squatch3099
    Squatch3099 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Ha, ha! What a jerk! You look great, confident and you probably are a lot stronger than you think. Offices are just packed full of jerks, male and female. I've worked with them all. Human beings are the most cruel things on this earth.
    Be assured that your "rolls" are nothing to worry about. You've come a long way. Don't let the turkeys get you down. Your comeback to this person was right on target.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    That is 100% harassment. Report it to the HR department at your place of employment.
  • Aemely
    Aemely Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Mixing Facebook with the office can be a dangerous combination. LinkedIn is better for maintaining professional distance.

At a minimum, ask your co-worker to delete the image and tell him he does not have your permission to photograph you again. You could take along a manager or respected co-worker if you need backup for that conversation. I might also suggest being careful walking alone from the office, as he may be a stalker/predator type. :angry:
  • misswhitney1
    misswhitney1 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    blazepurr wrote: »
    I'd say it's bullying/harassment and you should report it, especially if it happens again

For reals. Totally, totally inappropriate.
  • DiabolicalColossus
    DiabolicalColossus Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Go to HR as soon as possible.

And not to be creepy or inappropriate, but you're stunning.