After losing 317 pounds-My doctor says I'm at my Healthy weight!!

Options

Replies

• JenniferIsLosingIt
    JenniferIsLosingIt Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    That is so amazing. I needed to see this today! Thank you!
  • Pamela_June
    Pamela_June Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    OMGosh....your before picture looks so much like my son.......that is the weight my son is at right now... I so wish I could get him to see that to become healthy is possible... .

I am so very proud and extremely happy for you and for the life you have ahead! ((((hugs, hugs, hugs hugs))))) to you..... and thank you for sharing......
  • lenac87
    lenac87 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Awesome job!
  • whatatime2befit
    whatatime2befit Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    That is amazing. Kudos to you on not only starting your weight loss journey, but sticking with it. I know it must have been difficult at times. Just amazing.
  • hannahbrookss
    Options
    Congratulations you look great :)!
  • mrdmevans
    mrdmevans Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    OMGosh....your before picture looks so much like my son.......that is the weight my son is at right now... I so wish I could get him to see that to become healthy is possible... .

I am so very proud and extremely happy for you and for the life you have ahead! ((((hugs, hugs, hugs hugs))))) to you..... and thank you for sharing......

It's hard to believe its possible at that size. I had to battle my own doubts,fears and insecurities for a long time. If he is on facebook have him check my group out Daves road to better health-300 pound weight loss journey. If he wants he can message me and we can talk. When he is ready he will do it :)

Good luck
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,013 Member
    Options
    Congrays you look amazing great job
  • kbeloved
    kbeloved Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    um, wow dude. you're a frickin rockstar! you look marvelous!!!!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look great! Continued success on your maintenance journey, and many more road ahead.
  • cmpilgrim
    cmpilgrim Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!! You did an awesome job!!!
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,715 Member
    Options
    AMAZING! You did a fantastic job. Thanks so much for sharing!
  • sapphire318
    sapphire318 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Amazing job!!!!
  • wmcmurray61
    wmcmurray61 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I saw this and it literally brought tears to my eyes. You are giving hope to so many people by posting this. GREAT job!
  • CottonRabbit93
    Options
    Wow so amazing! Well done!
  • mrdmevans
    Options
    I saw this and it literally brought tears to my eyes. You are giving hope to so many people by posting this. GREAT job!

The great thing is, there is hope. We are all stronger than we want to believe. We just have to trust...
  • mrdmevans
    Options
    golfmonk wrote: »
    First thing needed to say is "congrats" on an amazing transformation! I am sure your Doctor was equally impressed with you accomplishments as every one here is at MFP!

The doctor visit of yours kind of mirrors my experience. My current doctor knew me at my highest weight (5'11", 250 pounds) and was gently reminding me to lose the weight during every office visit.

Eventually I got sick of the extra weight, the health issues and started dropping 65 points (29 on MFP, 36 pre-MFP) and my doctor is amazed at my weight transformation even though I am still technically 10 pounds over a healthy BMI (my doctor thinks that if I do want to lose the last 10 pounds, it would be for vanity purposes only). I am off high pressure and cholesterol pills, overall health markers have improved, etc which was/is a nice product of losing weight.

In closing, my hat is off to you for a job excellently done!!!!

And the best of luck to the start of your maintenance phase of your life!!!!

Congrats to you on your successes!
  • VanessaRudden
    VanessaRudden Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Amazing Good Luck to you - Thanks for Sharing,
  • SarBear00b
    SarBear00b Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    mrdmevans wrote: »
    shadowloss wrote: »
    Outstanding accomplishment. I've got to admit a chuckled a little at the side by side comparison. Looks like upon loosing the weight you put down the good book and picked up the Harley. Yes I'm stereo typing, otherwise it wouldn't be funny to me. I ride to, so I know riding doesn't make you evil. One of my goals is to look good riding my bike, so I don't have to keep adjusting my shirt at stop lights and leaning way back to smooth out the mid section.

Great job again and keep the shiny side up in your travels.

I still have the good book :) I ride with Bikers for Christ

p0p41jt92v66.gif

LOVE LOVE LOVE this!!!!
  • sofchol
    sofchol Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Very impressive, congratulations!
  • fat2fit4good
    Options
    this is nothing short of heroic. You, sir, are truly an inspiration. Thank you
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!