What do you eat for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    Two scrambled duck eggs with cheese and cream, maybe with two strips of bacon. If no bacon, then a small steak. I practically feel no hunger until dinner.
  • hclarkcracker
    Options
    wow!! I am seriously under eating after reading these posts..... I usually just have either two boiled eggs, or a small sachet of porridge!!
  • chezjuan
    chezjuan Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Generally a hard boiled egg and 6 Oz of plain yogurt, and 2 cups of coffee. On weekends I usually have scrambled eggs or an egg sandwich (English muffin, American cheese, 1egg fried with cooking spray).
  • xcassiiex
    xcassiiex Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hey there :)

1. my go to is usually yogurt, almonds/walnuts, and some fruits
    2. if I'm feeling hungry I will sometimes have original fibre 1 cereal with 1% milk and fruits of course
    3. a protein shake is always good, chocolate protein powder, ice, and fruits (usually berries)
    4. a scrambled egg and fruits
    5. sometimes I'll have a piece of toast with margarine or natural peanut butter and fruits
    6. banana pancakes (one banana and two eggs is literally all you need! of course you can add more) and fruit on the side

Breakfast is my favourite meal of the day.. :)
  • Vune
    Vune Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Today was a bowl full of sliced strawberries and fresh cubed pineapple topped with ricotta cheese and chocolate syrup.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Most days its a Jimmy Dean Delights sandwich and a banana. Sometimes its oatmeal...I make a couple of days worth of steel cut oats in the crockpot. If I have a very ripe banana I make banana pancakes....one banana, one egg, one eggwhite, nd a quarter cup oats blended together and on the griddle. Yum.
  • somanyrhoades
    somanyrhoades Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I like to mix it up... oatmeal can be made a thousand ways... add apples and cinnamon, peaches and vanilla almond milk, berries, honey and cinnamon is another fave... it's like having a different meal every morning. Eggs any way, but my favorie is over easy... I eat them on a Brownberry sandwich thin with a smear of grape jam. I've been making green smoothies too... kale, avacado, cucumber, ginger, banana, kiwi/and or green grapes... made with almond milk and full fat plain yogurt to keep me satisfied for a while. Also found this brand of cereal called Peace Cereal recently. Not sure what store originally carries it because I get it at a closeout grocery store but they make awesome flavors like Raspberry Ginger (which is my fave) and mango-peach and cherry vanilla. mmm. breakfast.
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    isopure dutch choco 2 scoops
    1 tsp psyllium husk powder
    1 egg white
  • raquellenciano
    Options
    who can give me a sample for the food diary..i wanted to start my goal and my 1200 cal per day:smile:
    thanks anyway..
  • sunman00
    sunman00 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    sometimes porridge oats with a little maple syrup

sometimes greek yoghurt with a little maple syrup

sometimes poached egg on toast

sometimes mushroom omelette

sometimes peanut butter on toast

most with a delicious Columbian filter coffee with ss milk on the side :tongue:
  • ron2e
    ron2e Posts: 606
    Options
    Usually either fruit, cereal or two boiled/poached eggs.

While travelling, either as above or one rasher of bacon with an egg, or one sausage with an egg.

Apart from the fruit which is low, the other options are about the same calorie hit. I don't have bread for breakfast.
  • xabcdefgeee
    xabcdefgeee Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I was never really a huge breakfast person - if I had some, it would be in the late morning around 11ish. Lately I've been making myself smoothies. I usually use unsweetened almond milk, some fresh or frozen fruit, ice and maybe some chia/flax seeds. I like having my frappuccinos in the morning though so I've been working on making similar drinks for myself instead of going out and buying them.

Today my smoothie consisted of:
    protein powder
    1 tablespoon peanut butter
    8oz dark chocolate almond milk
    1 teaspoon instant coffee
    a couple of ice cubes

I think I'd add some more coffee next time. I often add almonds to my smoothies too for some added protein to keep me full longer. It's pretty quick so I'm less likely to skip breakfast.
  • sangeyvang
    sangeyvang Posts: 182
    Options
    I like to eat sunny side up eggs with avocado. :)
  • chitownsweetie2
    chitownsweetie2 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I make a nutri bullet smoothie with strawberries, blueberries, banana, spinach, kale, and 2 tbls of ground flax, almond milk
  • AprilRN10
    AprilRN10 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I usually eat a ham sandwich when I first wake up because I work nights. Breakfast food is my favorite though.

I like these:

2 egg omelette with onions, mushrooms, tri color peppers, and garlic

oats with 1 cup almond milk, 1 banana, 2 TB PB2, 2 TB torani SF vanilla syrup, and a plenda packet

oats with 1 cup almond milk 1 chopped apple 2 tsp cinnamon, and a spenda packet (sometimes with raisins)

cottage cheese with fruit (sometimes mixed together sometimes not)

light WW bagel or bagel thin or english muffin with ham and egg (sometimes cheese and sometimes not)
  • AprilRN10
    AprilRN10 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I also do the PB on toast thing I've seen mentioned here. Yum!
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Muesli with milk and a coffee.
    Or poached eggs with whole grain toast and a coffee.

I don't have a huge appetite in the mornings and I know these things make me feel good!
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal with cinnamon and apples with a little ideal in it to sweeten it up a bit, 1 slice of bacon and scrambled egg whites, usually.
  • alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Usually cereal with soy milk (various brands, I try to pick the healthier ones, eating Special K with strawberries right now) and black coffee.
  • kspannu82
    kspannu82 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Bran Flakes with Semi-Skimmed milk (usually the plain one but a few time throw in the Yoghurty ones).