Thoughts and advice please...

Options
2»

Replies

• Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    suzeexoxo wrote: »
    I've lost 15 lbs since my last physical which was last year ago so she said I'm on the right track. All my lab work is good.

I just feel it's weightloss is coming off too slow. She didn't really have any other suggestions for me other than keep eating healthy abd work out, which is what I have been doing
    Then just keep it up. If you eat healthy food and you exercise, you'll lose the weight. Trust your doctor and yourself. Congrats on your loss so far!

It does come off slowly, but as long as it keeps coming off, you win. Next year, you'll be at your goal. :)

• suzeexoxo
    suzeexoxo Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    suzeexoxo wrote: »
    I've lost 15 lbs since my last physical which was last year ago so she said I'm on the right track. All my lab work is good.

I just feel it's weightloss is coming off too slow. She didn't really have any other suggestions for me other than keep eating healthy abd work out, which is what I have been doing
    Then just keep it up. If you eat healthy food and you exercise, you'll lose the weight. Trust your doctor and yourself. Congrats on your loss so far!

It does come off slowly, but as long as it keeps coming off, you win. Next year, you'll be at your goal. :)

Thanks for your feedback! :smiley:
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    For comparison sake, I'm 33yo 5'8" and 163/4 lbs. I lift 4x a week for about an hour each and that is my only exercise. My TDEE for maintenance is 2450 calories with NO eating back exercise calories.

Given your stats 1600 calories sounds perfectly reasonable for a 20% calorie reduction so as long as you are 100% certain that you are measuring everything correctly, go with 1600 calories for a month and watch what happens.

I can tell you that when I started over a year ago my calorie allowance was MUCH lower then it is now and I have pretty much UPPED my calorie intake continuously over the last year as I got more confident with my tracking and what I was doing.

The poster who said to figure out how to eat AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE while still losing weight is 100% correct.
  • suzeexoxo
    suzeexoxo Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    For comparison sake, I'm 33yo 5'8" and 163/4 lbs. I lift 4x a week for about an hour each and that is my only exercise. My TDEE for maintenance is 2450 calories with NO eating back exercise calories.

Given your stats 1600 calories sounds perfectly reasonable for a 20% calorie reduction so as long as you are 100% certain that you are measuring everything correctly, go with 1600 calories for a month and watch what happens.

I can tell you that when I started over a year ago my calorie allowance was MUCH lower then it is now and I have pretty much UPPED my calorie intake continuously over the last year as I got more confident with my tracking and what I was doing.

The poster who said to figure out how to eat AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE while still losing weight is 100% correct.

Thank you! This really helps