Exorcize vs big breasts? Any advice/help?

Options
I am big breasted and running on a treadmill and elliptical's bring pain and the bouncing embarrasses me like none other:embarassed: ! And yes, this post also is some what embarrassing to me lol. I also have issues doing things like situps, jump rope, exorcize balls...... Plus after I do these thing my boobs hurt:cry: . I have tried expensive sports bras, tight bras, even push ups hoping it will keep them in place. Nothing works:noway: . Do I just deal with it and get over the pain? I don't know what else I can do. I have gym membership and have issues doing 1/2 of the workouts. Any advice?

Replies

• Monochroma
    Monochroma Posts: 11
    Options
    I share your pain!
    Investing in a good bra is always beneficial, but no holy grail.
    What I've done mostly is resort to low-impact exercise.
    But that was also because of my bad feet/joints.
    But it did help; Not as much bouncing about.

I hop you find something that works for you!
  • ravenrxx
    ravenrxx Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    I wear 2 bra's, that support high impact movement. And their from walmart..They come in a 3 pack for almost $10. I'm a 34-36 D.
  • godds6
    godds6 Posts: 22
    Options
    You need a sports bra that is made for high impact workouts. I'm a DD and walk/run without having the issue of my boobs hurting or bouncing too much... My fave "cheap" bra is by Danskin from Wal-mart... My fave more expensive bra is the new Victoria's secret VSX
  • lemmyhead
    lemmyhead Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I wear 2 bra's, that support high impact movement. And their from walmart..They come in a 3 pack for almost $10. I'm a 34-36 D.

WOAH! I wish I had access to a store that came even remotely close to that cheap!! I just bought a "Shock Absorber" today for $110 ... hopefully it does the trick. It's been the best I have tried on, and I have been searching for what feels like years! Only taking it out for a run will really prove if it's up to the test!

Until now, I have also gone for the 2-bras approach. 1 fitted underwire "sports" bra, and then a full-backed runners uni-boob type sports bra. It worked well, but they're so old no one sells either of them anymore, and I can't find anything like it.

Look online for good reviews and prices! Find a nice shop assistant who has similar size to you! (I was served by a man today...hah that was a first...and odd. I almost chickened out!)
  • dunlunicor
    dunlunicor Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Back when I had big boobs (pre-weight-loss), I would wear a very supportive underwire bra with thick straps, then a tight sports bra on top. The regular bra lifted them, the sports bra reined them in. MUCH more comfortable than having them flop around, but it does take some getting used to.
  • georgina1970
    georgina1970 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    You don't say what size cup you are?
    I'm an 12E-F cup depending on the brand. Can't get these sizes at a regular store. I go to a specialty bra shop for mine. Designed for us bigger girls. Good brands are Berlei (up to Ecup,) Panache, and Elomi. Check them out!
  • katiplease
    katiplease Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Invest in a very good sports bra made for high-impact exercise with underwire, wide straps, wide band, separation, and even padding if you can find it and find it helps. Personally, I wouldn't spend less than $50.

Have you tried the http://enell.com/enell-sport ? (Or, rebranded as "the last resort sports bra" for title nine, iirc). Basically one of the best you can buy, $64, I don't have one myself but I tried it once and it'll be worth every penny once I can afford it. I have 30E/32E (fluctuations, ick) that need a lot of support (never lose 30lbs in a month, your boobs won't recover -_-) and when I tried it there was absolutely no bounce whatsoever, no matter how fast I ran, how hard I jumped or how high.

Also, maybe think about changing your form in high-impact exercises - use minimal shoes or huaraches or go barefoot, it will force you to switch to a more balanced foot-fall than the heel-fall sort of motion more cushioned shoes use, and take smaller, more frequent steps, and that will in turn make each one have less impact, for a smoother and less boob-hurty experience all around :)
  • jeanineslove
    Options
    I am a 38 D
  • jeanineslove
    Options
    Ahhh I am so happy! So much helpful advice!!! Thank you all!!!! I asked my sister what I should do and she just said "Hold on to them" haha. Yea easy for her to say coming for a A cup lol. And my mom told me she doesn't know. So all this advice truly helps! Thank you!!
  • crissy_percival
    crissy_percival Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    i have this problem as well i am a 16 E so yes it dose hurt, i just ran around the block with my arms under my boobs to keep them from bouncing and for 5 mins i ran with my hands off that was soo embarrsing.
  • shadowkat57
    shadowkat57 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    GOOD sports bra! I have F cups, I wear a high-impact sports bra by Berlei, can jog, ride horses etc.
    I wouldn't bother with a cheapie if your jubblies lie at the "melon" end of the scale - invest in something really good!
    And wear a tight crop top over it for the really high impact stuff.
  • alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I'm now a 36I (bra size keeps changing as I lose weight), and I order good quality regular bras and sports bras from Bravissimo. No issues with my breasts hurting while exercising. Are you sure you're wearing the right bra size? I think that this site: http://www.herroom.com/bra-fitting-advice,901,30.html has good advice for how to measure.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    36H. thank you very much.

If I ever decide to exorcise I will call a priest.

For the time being I will wear my regular bra's under my shelf bra workout "run" brand tank tops with built in bra's for double support whenever I do treadmills on incline, yoga, pilates, elliptical, walking, hiking, or any other lesser impact activities I think the girls can handle without giving me two black eyes. I'm not trying to run or jump rope with these babies. No way in hell. <===see what I did there?
  • fShaw86
    fShaw86 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I totally know where you're coming from. I'm a small person, with 34Ds. Sucks running outside, and the two bras thing doesn't help. Sports bras do help, but most of them make my breasts bounce even more, which is kinda lame.

Usually, I wear dark colored shirts, and slightly larger sizes so the bounce isn't that noticeable. Hopefully it works for you, as well. Ohhhh, I almost forgot. I was reading up on a fitness website that if you're running and you experience that dreaded bounce (on a treadmill), you could up the incline and do a faster walk/jog. Apparently it gives you the same benefits as running on a flat surface.
  • PlayerHatinDogooder
    PlayerHatinDogooder Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I had no idea big breasts affected exorcisms.

exorcism_zps81c88649.gif
  • cestabbey
    cestabbey Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm a 32FF and have been thinking about the effect of exercising on my breasts, too. I don't have any pain but I worry that I'm somehow (and this is going to sound absolutely ridiculous, I'm aware) going to cause them to sag more or somehow lose their perkiness (what's left of it, haha) because of five days of running each week.
  • yoyofighter
    yoyofighter Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    You need a sports bra that is made for high impact workouts. I'm a DD and walk/run without having the issue of my boobs hurting or bouncing too much... My fave "cheap" bra is by Danskin from Wal-mart... My fave more expensive bra is the new Victoria's secret VSX

Victoria Secrets VSX!!!!!!
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options

WOAH! I wish I had access to a store that came even remotely close to that cheap!! I just bought a "Shock Absorber" today for $110 ... hopefully it does the trick. It's been the best I have tried on, and I have been searching for what feels like years! Only taking it out for a run will really prove if it's up to the test!

Until now, I have also gone for the 2-bras approach. 1 fitted underwire "sports" bra, and then a full-backed runners uni-boob type sports bra. It worked well, but they're so old no one sells either of them anymore, and I can't find anything like it.

Look online for good reviews and prices! Find a nice shop assistant who has similar size to you! (I was served by a man today...hah that was a first...and odd. I almost chickened out!)

The shock absorber has worked wonders in my life... but I only paid somewhere between $40 and $60 US Dollars for mine. Where are you shopping? My favorite is figleaves.com. Just make sure to not remove tags until you are sure it fits, because you can only return bras if they still have the tags on them.

If the shock absorber doesn't work, you might seriously want to consider a reduction. I'm a 32G and it was just the thing for me to be able to work out. It is slightly uncomfortable because it is tight, but once you start moving, it is AMAZING compared to the flopping around that would occur otherwise. It's also hideous to look at, but I tell ya, it has EMPOWERED me to workout in ways that I was unable to before.
  • girlmeetslife
    Options
    If you have a bit of extra cash to invest into a quality sports bra that will keep the girls safe, then I'd recommend the Lululemon Energy bra. Seriously. This thing is life changing.

Also, if you're looking into exorcisms, might I recommend your local Priest?
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    I had no idea big breasts affected exorcisms.

exorcism_zps81c88649.gif

Mine could use an exorcism.