Exorcize vs big breasts? Any advice/help?

Options

Replies

• LaLouve_RK
    LaLouve_RK Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    I had no idea big breasts affected exorcisms.

exorcism_zps81c88649.gif
    You beat me to it lol
  • ReneeRobinson081422
    ReneeRobinson081422 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I had to wear a regular bra (bought a cheap one) underneath my sports bra for a long time. A friend of mine recommended weight training to increase my pectoral muscles which helped significantly! I dropped 2 bra sizes with the increased muscle mass.

Definitely worth a try; it worked for me :)
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    I'm 36DD and I really love the Moving Comfort Fiona bra. I bought one on amazon and it wasn't even that expensive. I love it to pieces, I can do jumping jacks and barely move.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I had to wear a regular bra (bought a cheap one) underneath my sports bra for a long time. A friend of mine recommended weight training to increase my pectoral muscles which helped significantly! I dropped 2 bra sizes with the increased muscle mass.

Definitely worth a try; it worked for me :)

Awesome input. So may I ask, where did the sizes come off? The band or the cup?
  • merryberry99
    merryberry99 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    As a DD, I face the same issue. My friend recommended a sports bra that I now swear by. They aren't cheap, especially for large breasted ladies, but I have found that they are well worth the money. In fact, I just ordered another one yesterday because the ones I have are a little too big now that I've lost weight. (Thank goodness!)

The proper size holds me in place. There is some movement, but very little compared to other bras I've tried. I've finally started doing something I never thought possible with these ta-tas: running. However, a size that a little too big, from what I've learned, will act like other bras--you'll be all over the place, so the right fit is vital.

Moving Comfort: Fiona is the bra I'm talking about. I always order from Amazon or other websites (to look for a deal). If you have a store nearby where they are sold, you could at least try a few sizes and see what you think. I live in the middle of no where, so...not an option for me.

Hope this helps!
  • merryberry99
    merryberry99 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Someone else recommended the Fiona as well! :)
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Try lower impact exercise and give your boobs and knees a little consideration. Ideas include: eliptical trainer, bike, walking, weights, & yoga. Swimming is great cardio exercise, but I'm not sure if it is a good weight loss strategy. Others with experience should speak up about that. Do low impact exercise and look for the bras that others have suggested.
  • frood
    frood Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I have a Panache Sport. It goes on with a back clasp, then you can hook the straps together to turn it into a more-supportive racerback. I think it was about $75.

I also like Moving Comfort Fiona, but when I grew out of it, I switched to the Panache.
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    You need a sports bra that is made for high impact workouts. I'm a DD and walk/run without having the issue of my boobs hurting or bouncing too much... My fave "cheap" bra is by Danskin from Wal-mart... My fave more expensive bra is the new Victoria's secret VSX

Victoria Secrets VSX!!!!!!

QFT!!

I'm all over the map with bra sizes right now, but, average in the F/G cup size and about a 34 band now. This bra is the BEST. Underwire to keep 'em seperated and lifted, adjustable convertable straps, wicks away sweat and I don't feel any movement. I purchased it in the 36D size and it doesn't give me uniboob nor do I spill out, over, under etc. Bonus, the double layer in the front keeps me from offending my co-runners on those chilly morning starts!
  • LeanerBeef
    LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    No pics??? Fooled again.....
  • softheartedbrat
    Options
    I am also a DD and I have had this problem. Having just had a little one and am nursing still, the tenderness has increased so lately I am doing more walking than anything that causes excessive bouncing. And even then I wear two bras. I wear my regular bra that helps with the lift and separate, and then I wear a snugger fitting sports bra over that.

That way I don't end up with uni-boob! I don't care who you are that is just not cool...LOL besides when they are mashed together like that no matter the workout they end up hurting even without the higher impact.

The key is to play around with a solution that will work for you and give you the support you need to make it as comfortable as possible to do your workouts. It took me almost 2 years to find my solution, everyone just kept telling me to wear two sports bras.
  • m76b
    m76b Posts: 1,498 Member
    Options

exorcism_zps81c88649.gif

Nice.

mines are already exorcised:laugh:
  • iWillGetCrowSomeday
    iWillGetCrowSomeday Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    38DD when I started out, wore the Champion Powerback Underwire Sports Bra (http://www.roadrunnersports.com/rrs/products/JBL298/?cc=BK) I didn't bounce at all when I ran or did zumba. I loved that bra, but it was a freakin contortionist side-show act just to get it on and off.

Whoever came up with these racerback bras with hook-and-eye closures was either a man, or a small breasted woman who doesn't understand the kinesiology behind putting on a sports bra over big boobs.

Then I lost weight and that brand didn't fit me right, and I was tired of the struggle to put it on. I switched to Moving Comfort (http://www.movingcomfort.com) and bought the Jubralee in a 36DD (even though I'm now a 36D in regular bras). They make a bra with underwire too, the Maia, which is supposed to be great. I just didn't like the high neckline on it.
  • americangirlok
    americangirlok Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    36H. thank you very much.

If I ever decide to exorcise I will call a priest.

For the time being I will wear my regular bra's under my shelf bra workout "run" brand tank tops with built in bra's for double support whenever I do treadmills on incline, yoga, pilates, elliptical, walking, hiking, or any other lesser impact activities I think the girls can handle without giving me two black eyes. I'm not trying to run or jump rope with these babies. No way in hell. <===see what I did there?

Mwa ha ha ha!

I'm a 38 H so I feel ya there. I stick with the one and just try to avoid high impact stuff- eventually I'm going to buy one of those Enell ones that keep getting such good reviews on here- but I need to lose more overall first before really venturing into high impact stuff.
  • WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options

exorcism_zps81c88649.gif

Thank you. I clicked on this just to make sure someone had already posted something similar.
  • JackieMac979
    JackieMac979 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I agree with the recommendations of a better quality, high impact sports bra. You could double up if you need to, but a good bra should solve the problem. Try different brands out (the ones I'd recommend have been mentioned) to see what works for you.
  • vabheegaard
    vabheegaard Posts: 61
    Options
    As a proud owner of 38DD's all can say is spending the money on a good bra is the best investment you can make, and unfortunately in our size, they don't come cheap!

After searching high and low for years I fnially found some I like.

I have been using Champion Maximum Support bras for a while and love them.

You can buy online at http://www.championusa.com/workout-clothes/sports-bras-43553--1/maximum-support-bras.

Good luck!
  • alicia_5467
    Options
    I am very much the same. I'm just 14 and my chest size is a dd! I can't even believe that. Every time I run I literally ah e to grab them to stop them from shaking ang juggling to much becaus it hurts. What I do is wear 2 bras with wire and a sports bra on top. It helps stop them but they are still growing sadly, I lost 4 kg but they only grew bigger since I can not breath in my bra anymore and I just bought these last month. They are literally making me broke. Last year I was a d 36 now I am a dd 32! I hope they don't grow bigger. I hate them, sadly I got these from my mother's side. I'm not even overweight and they are huge. My nickname is Melons becaus of the size of these things. And It's so hard to find clothes too, these things are bigger than my belly. And becaus the size of these they sag. So I have to wear a bra at night too since they hurt when I don't and they are heavy too. I wanna get a breast reduction so bad, my mom is thinking about that too. Even my doctor. I wish all
    of you guys luck in finding a solution to you're problems.
  • Johanne1957
    Johanne1957 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I wear 2 bra's, that support high impact movement. And their from walmart..They come in a 3 pack for almost $10. I'm a 34-36 D.
    I also wear 1 of these cheap bras I got at Walmart - I find them quit good actually! Then I put on my good sports bra and tighten it as much as I can and voila....Jumping jacks, skipping rope, whatever...It is so nice not to hurt or bounce from here to eternity...lol...all good..!
  • MonicaT1972
    MonicaT1972 Posts: 512
    Options
    I highly doubt you have tried a quality expensive bra with what you have described. I am an H cup and my $200 specialty bras lift, seperate and hold everything in place like no ones business. What high quality expensive brand have you tried??? The only one that works for me is Ulla.