Salad dressing ideas?

Options
13»

Replies

• ajravanos
    ajravanos Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    if you like ranch dressing, this dressing is an AMAZING alternative. seriously, this stuff is so good.

in a blender:
    1 large avocado
    2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
    1/2 cup greek yogurt
    1 teaspoon hot sauce
    1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
    2 garlic cloves
    3/4 teaspoon salt

keep fresh in a mason jar & enjoy :)
  • DespinaDV
    Options
    when it comes to salad dressing I like to keep it simple and fast.
    1 part lemon juice or vinegar
    1 part oil (preferably olive)
    salt and pepper to taste
  • GoneGirl50
    GoneGirl50 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    These are fabulous, low-calorie, and healthy. I've only been able to find it in the refrigerated section at Kroger. Several varieties, but I love the blue cheese.
    http://www.litehousefoods.com/content/litehouse®-foods-announces-launch-new-opa-litehouse™-greek-style-yogurt-salad-dressings
  • patilmanojk
    patilmanojk Posts: 2 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    dijon mustard, Honey, Lime juice, Black pepper and salt dressing with little extra virgin olive oil
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    low calorie--->EEVO and balsamic vinegar.

Yesterday, 2 TBSP on buttermilk ranch(Ken's), 1/2 TBSP EEVO, some wasabi sauce mixed together. The EEVO helps to thin out the buttermilk. This is not low cal but it is pretty tasty with some zing!
  • deehovey
    deehovey Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I use 2 tbsp of dannon oikos dips either french onion or the cucumber dill & they are so good on my salads (I usually eat one per day) it seems to be a better option to dressing in my opinion & I prefer the taste.

I do this too, but I thin it out a little with lemon juice and sometimes and an herb mix from the local spice shop. Yesterday's was French onion dip with a shallot and dill herb mix. 2 tbsp was 35 calories.

• ddm1101
    Options
    I actually skip the dressing and crush up a quarter or a half of an avocado. I think it tastes even better than dressing!
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    My current fave ---I like to add the agave if I am using the dressing with bitter greens like kale or arugula. Sometimes I will omit the agave and sub for a little mashed avo and turmeric.

Miso
    Agave optional
    water-add by the tablespoon until desired consistency
    minced garlic

• sydneydeb
    sydneydeb Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Really good quality virgin olive oil, lemon juice, some herbs if you like, put it in a screw top jar and shake it, delish