Christmas Day is going to be a diet free zone

Options

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    I don't worry about calorie intake for thanksgiving, christmas, birthday, and a few other days over the year. Lets be honest, five days a year of indulgence is not what made some of us obese, it was sustained indulgence for a long period of time..

I say enjoy the holidays and eat, drink, and be merry!
  • teagirlmedium
    teagirlmedium Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    For me every holiday is a day off from my diet.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I will try and be mindful, but it never really works out that way. I always try and fill up on a load of vegetables as per usual on Xmas day, but find it hard to omit the bread sauce and stuffing. Plus, my mother tends to fill the cupboards with all manner of Xmas goodies including chocolates, mince pies, stollen, sugared almonds, marzipan, crisps and various nuts. I shall probably just try to limit to the things I like the most and leave the rest for my brother to take home after Xmas. I also will be aiming to get a good walk in Xmas day, and be hitting the gym as soon as it is open again.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Holidays are no big deal to me... so eating differently does't really effect me. If I decide to add something I might not usually eat I'll work it off like I typically would. If I go over on any day..it's drag and sucks but it's life.

I think ppl should be free to do what they feel comfy doing... any day of the year. If they feel strong enough to go off their plan and feel they can jump right back on then so be it.

It's some of us bingers that struggle to get back on if we eat certain foods that trigger... Often times you'll see someone say they'll be back the day after xmas (or whatever holiday one might celebrate) and they return 40 lbs higher in April. I can't afford to do that... if I did I might not be back in April and I refuse to re-lose lbs already lost. I hate that sucky feelings. lol I think it's not actually the lbs for me but the loss of control.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    I think if you're already dreaming about what you'll be eating months from now, maybe your diet is too restrictive on a daily basis.

lol I agree...it is a bit weird to be talking about food to be eaten 2 months down the road... breakfast in the a.m or lunch tomorrow maybe but... yea... I agree with you.
  • DiabolicalColossus
    DiabolicalColossus Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I'm fully expecting to put on weight during the holidays.

I'm going to eat appropriately (for me), but I'd be fooling myself if I thought I wouldn't put at least a small amount on.

I put on 1-2 pounds during my birthday and took it right off again.

I'm not super worried about it.
  • nickysbt
    Options
    There are too many foods people make only during the Thanksgiving through New Year season for me to worry about calories. I just try to keep the best parts to the specific holidays and figure if I stall a bit it's not the end of the world. I can calorie count the rest of the year, I only get Auntie's delicious lemon cookies on one day.
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    CAN WE PLEASE HAVE HALLOWEEN FIRST??!! It is way too early for this shiz.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Do we have to talk about Christmas in October?
  • moya_bleh
    moya_bleh Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I always make sure to enjoy the holiday season and take full accountability for everything that passes my lips. No guilt, I AM going to put weight on and I'm going to enjoy it!
    Then, when the clock strikes January it's Rocky training montage time!!!
  • algwynt
    algwynt Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    humbug, id rather be in work than celebrate this nonsence occation,i hope you have a great one though, enjoy.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I think if you're already dreaming about what you'll be eating months from now, maybe your diet is too restrictive on a daily basis.

Yep, agreed. It's way too early to think about Christmas anyway, so you must be desperate for a treat!

I have a little treat every Sat.

I definitely don't log on Xmas day, or birthdays.

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I have a roast dinner every week

It's easy to keep within calorie goals if you choose carefully and weigh

and christmas dinner is just a big ol' roast
  • _runnerbean_
    _runnerbean_ Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    For me the problem isn't the one day of Christmas- it's a whole month of nights out, treats at work, tins of biscuits, Christmas fair at school etc. this year I am going to try to log as many days as I can and save my treats for special events rather than every day of December.
  • corofinlass
    corofinlass Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I plan on upping the exercise in December in an effort to keep a balance. January can be dismal enough without thinking about an extra 8lbs - 1 stone weight gain.

That means I get to enjoy the 1 Christmas party I will attend this year ( I can make up for it next year!) and all the trimmings that will be around for the 2 -3 day Christmas period.

New years eve will also be a quiet one this year. I would love to kick off 2015 with a good walk in beautiful scenery with my family, having no hangover. This to be followed by a lovely lunch out, somewhere in beautiful Connemara.
  • VanillaBeanSeed
    VanillaBeanSeed Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Holidays are usually like this for me as well!

Im trying to do a NO BINGE before christmas thing right now.. so..hard.. lol
  • helenarriaza
    helenarriaza Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    eldamiano wrote: »
    Do we have to talk about Christmas in October?

Let me discuss my Halloween cooking at least.

• helenarriaza
    helenarriaza Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    TAMALES!
    PIERNA!

I am not leaving those babies behind, I will burn to earn them.
  • chicacherry666
    Options
    I live in Australia and we don't celebrate Halloween or Thanksgiving. On Christmas, my birthday and Easter (celebrated more in Australia) I let the diet go also being on 1200 net calories diet my appetite has shrunk so it's not like I'm binging majorly.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    OnlyChristmas day mind you

But to be fair Turkey, roast tatties (in trex), boiled veggies and a couple of trimmings aren't going too overboard. Christmas pudding I avoid anyway as I don't like it, and favour a cheesecake or something similar instead.

I've got about 9 people coming over so I'll be stuffed if I can be bothered weighing and counting calories / WW propoints on that one day as well

Boxing Day everything turns to normal

Who's with me?

What is this...diet...you speak of?

Thanksgiving and Christmas are easily going to be 2k+ days for me. My grandma makes the best chocolate truffle for Thanksgiving, and Christmas is where my stepmom makes a giant prime rib. You bet your behind I'm filling up!

Luckily I'll build a big enough deficit during the week through intake and exercise of those to cover them. :)