Christmas Day is going to be a diet free zone

Options

Replies

• missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    eldamiano wrote: »
    Do we have to talk about Christmas in October?
    It's a week and a half until peppermint season, so yes.
  • jke78
    jke78 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I don't do a big dinner on Christmas day because we have to go visit several relatives. Usually I'll throw a ham in the crockpot that morning and call it good. Thanksgiving however I usually make a huge feast, and yes it will be a diet free zone. :D
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options

That in no way answers the question unfortunately, but thanks for trying.
  • fobs13
    fobs13 Posts: 1,080 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    I have a roast dinner every week

It's easy to keep within calorie goals if you choose carefully and weigh

and christmas dinner is just a big ol' roast

This but would have a glass or 2 of vino Christmas and also some chocolates.
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    The holiday pounds would probably not be a big deal for ANYONE if we'd actually just stick to our diets except for the holiday itself.

I will have a piece of candy or two on Halloween.
    I will enjoy the Thanksgiving feast.
    I will enjoy the Christmas feast.

Those are three days in a span of eight weeks. If I stick to my calories the rest of the time, I can't see this being a significant problem.
  • missiontofitness
    Options

That in no way answers the question unfortunately, but thanks for trying.

It answered your question perfectly well.
  • KayleighIsGoingFatToFit
    Options
    Christmas is defo a diet free zone this year, me and my hubby will be in New York for Christmas and New Years, so 10 days of no diet :smiley:
  • EmotionalEater84
    EmotionalEater84 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I'm going away for Christmas and won't have this problem, but I understand it!
  • MrsATrotta
    MrsATrotta Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure about you guys but I cannot go all out like that anymore... I will eat whatever I want on a holiday but portion size is key for me... otherwise I will have the *kitten* for weeks haha. I'm serious, binging now rots my gut.
  • fitfabforties
    fitfabforties Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I bring my scale to Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner....weigh everything.....no gravy, no dessert, no bread
  • JenniDaisy
    JenniDaisy Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I bring my scale to Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner....weigh everything.....no gravy, no dessert, no bread

You must be so much fun...
  • missiontofitness
    Options

But that's practically the entire meal.
  • Slinky_BraveHeartBunsOfSteel
    Options
    BFDeal wrote: »
    Agreed. I'm going to kill and eat an elf. I'm not logging it either!

:smiley: Exactly! I never log on Christmas, it only comes once a year and I plan on enjoying myself! To heck with calorie counting! ;)
  • lmr0528
    lmr0528 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Aaahh way too early to talk about Christmas. I refuse to do anything for a holiday before it's even the month that it's in! But yes.. for me, any holidays, special family days, etc. are "diet free days". This is not a diet, this is a healthy lifestyle. You can't be expected to be so strict everyday of your life.
  • MrsATrotta
    MrsATrotta Posts: 278 Member
    Options

Yikes! No cheating? Good for you though. I think if you would prefer walking away from a holiday meal not bloated and sick haha then do it up!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

That's sad. :\
  • sparkynazca
    sparkynazca Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I pay less attention to being good on holidays and special occasions, such as weddings or birthdays.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    How many feasting holidays do we really have in the US? Halloween (candy),Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, 4th of July.... am I missing one?

5 days/meals. I think its the day to day stuff that throws us off course, not the holiday dinners.
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    Christmas is going to be difficult for me. I am a Christmas baker. I make cookies, squares, and other decadent goodies. I give them as gifts and people look forward to them every year.

Also its my birthday on the 26th. I have done so well on mfp I dont think I will go hog wild but I bet I will put on a couple with the taste testing I will be doing.

Wish me luck...7ipym6s7r3s3.jpg