Protien Shakes: Milk or Water?

Options

Replies

• mellenorris
    mellenorris Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    *IF* I am out of V8 (I love their berry juices, and their energy drinks really rock in a smoothie too), almond milk is my go-to. If I'm out of both, I just use my vanilla powder and water. Not as tasty, but it holds me over!
  • ericasturn
    ericasturn Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Make sure you research the protein powder you are using Alot of the stuff is junk..

I use Pro Perfomance whey protien from GNC~ it was recommended to me by someone who is a personal trainer. If this one isn't good could you recommend one or let me know what you should look for in a protien powder please?
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Water for me, too rich with milk.

Edit: thanks for the reminder, was packing for the gym and almost forgot my shaker.
  • AlliBarlik
    AlliBarlik Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I use the Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk. Like a milkshake!
  • oldernotwiser
    oldernotwiser Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Definitely Almond Breeze unsweetened vanilla Almond Milk. Good nutrition and flavor and only adds 30 cals per cup.
  • thinklivebefree
    thinklivebefree Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I use homemade almond milk when I have it or water if I dont, the better question is Good Protein or Bad Protein....There are tons of BAD protein powders on the market...Bad as in junk filled!
  • penelepurr
    penelepurr Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I didn't like it with water at all so I compromised and switched to skim milk. I get a chocolate flavor so it tastes more like chocolate milk. As an alternative, sometimes I throw in a scoop of whey with fruit, yogurt, etc., and make a shake.
  • kiern18
    kiern18 Posts: 61
    Options
    8 oz of unsweetened almond milk and 2 oz of cold water with about five ice cubes :)
  • chloeobe
    chloeobe Posts: 72
    Options
    I use PHD diet whey protein in belgian choc, I cant stomach it in cold water, so I put half water/half unsweetened almond milk a spoon of coffee and heat it up in the microwave and make a hot chocolate or mocha out of it :)
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    I use coconut milk and frozen fruit (usually banana) so I don't have to use ice.
  • die_swart_gevaar
    die_swart_gevaar Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I use low fat lactose-free milk, with my shakes. Today was the first time that I've actually tried my shake with water and just no. I'll be getting more milk on my way home...
  • supergirl6
    supergirl6 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I use EAS Whey Protein (Vanilla) and it's awesome. Lovelove the taste. I can't tell you how many I've purchased looking for one I could drink that didn't gross me out. I use it primarily with Organic Skim milk.
  • emacb123
    emacb123 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I use 1c. unsweetened almond milk. I also freeze cubes of fat-free yogurt in an ice tray and drop one of those in.
  • charlena48
    charlena48 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I use 4 oz. of Almond Breeze unsweetened almond milk and 4 oz. of water.
  • TonyStark30
    TonyStark30 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    There are Protein shakes designed to be used with water, Syntrax Nectar have quite a few flavours, but if it is a Milkshake style one you might as well use Milk.
  • crucian007
    crucian007 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Seems like milk is the way to go, I use milk also. Water is just gross with the powder
  • kms1320
    kms1320 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Water only.. with EAS chocolate, tastes great still. Milk makes it too thick, adds calories, and almond milk has too much bad unnatural junk in it that I don't want to put in my body.
  • Keegansmum6
    Keegansmum6 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    milk either skim-2% or almond milk
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    i d ont do them but i w ould say water because
    you wil have to add calories of milk and whatever else u put in it........
  • 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    If I have the calories, I always use skim milk and ice cubes.