• paj315
    paj315 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    paj315 wrote: »
    Add sugar and carbs to track in your diary. I'd bet your sugar is pretty high.

You don't have to give up the Coke but on days that you have it you shoudl probably cut out the sugar elsewhere.

Also for the Mayo, there's an olive variety made by Kraft thats really good and its I believe 45 calories per T.

If you're following a tdee method then log your exercise but change the calories burned to 1 calorie. (that's how I do it anyway because I follow the tdee minus 15% cut method)

sigh…if OP is in a calorie deficit she can eat sugar and lose weight….

Yes she absolutely can, but sugar is taking up empty calories that could be used for more nutritous and filling foods. And I didn't say cut the sugar I said TRACK the sugar.

you said "cut out the sugar"….

direct from your post You don't have to give up the Coke but on days that you have it you shoudl probably cut out the sugar elsewhere./b]

Probably shoulda said....BALANCE out the sugar elsewhere.

Whatev's....people here seriously have too much time on their hands.

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Add sugar and carbs to track in your diary. I'd bet your sugar is pretty high.

You don't have to give up the Coke but on days that you have it you shoudl probably cut out the sugar elsewhere.

Also for the Mayo, there's an olive variety made by Kraft thats really good and its I believe 45 calories per T.

If you're following a tdee method then log your exercise but change the calories burned to 1 calorie. (that's how I do it anyway because I follow the tdee minus 15% cut method)

sigh…if OP is in a calorie deficit she can eat sugar and lose weight….

Yes she absolutely can, but sugar is taking up empty calories that could be used for more nutritous and filling foods. And I didn't say cut the sugar I said TRACK the sugar.

you said "cut out the sugar"….

direct from your post You don't have to give up the Coke but on days that you have it you shoudl probably cut out the sugar elsewhere./b]

Probably shoulda said....BALANCE out the sugar elsewhere.

Whatev's....people here seriously have too much time on their hands.

So it's our fault for misunderstanding even though you wrote what you wrote?

I see.
  • paj315
    paj315 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    :::::rolling my eyes::::::
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    :::::rolling my eyes::::::

Maybe keeping your eyes forward will help you know better what you did and didn't type.
  • chaos416
    chaos416 Posts: 89 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    The only thing I noticed in your diary is a couple of apparently incomplete days. It is possible that you ate enough on those days to wipe out your deficit. If you don't think you did, then the only choice is to cut calories a bit more. I feel like you should have seen at least a pound or two drop by now if those numbers are truly a deficit for you.

I looked at the complete diary report and was able to see your sodium and it doesn't appear totally out of whack. You may be holding a bit of water weight in your muscles with the start up of exercise. I have no idea how much that might be weight wise.
  • hortensehildegarde
    hortensehildegarde Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Forgive me as I am loathe to respond without reading all responses prior, you are so close to where I just was/am (height/weight) though you are a bit younger, but we are so close in stats I wanted to answer just to your OP- I had an off start due to "monthly" weight fluctuations that apparently can affect me for even more than a week or 2. It can go like nothing. nothing. nothing. HOLY CRAP AM I DYING?

I lost my fair amount of weight following MFP recommendations for anywhere from .5 to 1.5 lb per week loss but I was OBSESSIVE about compliance to weights and picking accurate entries from the database, and if I wasn't sure about something I probably more than doubled what I thought it was before I logged it.

My point is speaking as someone who is like 8 years older than you and of the same size it shouldn't be that hard, though accurate tracking is KEY. I would not volume measure ANYTHING other than liquor/beer. Everything else gets weighed. I drop weight to the point where it surprises me when I am religious about scale weighing everything and picking accurate entries off the database. When I don't my results are mediocre at best. At this point I consider volume measurements to be almost as much of a waste of time as me "eyeballing" measurements.