Paleo snack

Options
I don't advocate snacking because I don't really feel the need for snacks on Paleo. But I don't know what else to call it. Anyway, Whole Foods sells Alive and Radiant Kale Krunch as well as Wonderfully Raw Brussel Bites. They are sooooooo delicious, low in calories, healthy, raw, vegan and paleo! I sometimes eat a bag for lunch! Emjoy :smile:

Replies

• Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    I've had some Kale chips (dried not baked or fried) that were really good, which suprised me since I'm not a kale fan in general. I forget the brand but the biggest problem is they are $7.50 for a 100g bag so that's not something I'm going to go out of my way to buy a lot of.
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    Oh my... I know, they are all very expensive that's the only problem. The two brands that I mentioned are almost 6 bucks a bag!!
  • BoxerBrawler
    Options
    I dry my own as well with just some olive oil, salt and pepper. They are yummy
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Paleo man <3 packaged, processed goods
  • BoxerBrawler
    Options
    Oh come on... of course I know the golden rule 'Nothing out of a bag/package, box'. Obviously. I am just saying it's a nice choice, there is no real processing involved. If you have to resort to something quick. Jeez can anyone say anything here without someone sarcastically jumping on it? unreal!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Oh come on... of course I know the golden rule 'Nothing out of a bag/package, box'. Obviously. I am just saying it's a nice choice, there is no real processing involved. If you have to resort to something quick. Jeez can anyone say anything here without someone sarcastically jumping on it? unreal!

So how does it get crispy and how does it get into a package? Processing perhaps? Not sarcastic at all, just simply pointing out how silly the arbitrary paleo rules are and how it's adherents make exceptions for products they like to eat
  • Sam_I_Am77
    Sam_I_Am77 Posts: 2,093 Member
    Options
    Dates stuffed with an almond and wrapped in bacon.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Options
    Acg67 wrote: »

So how does it get crispy and how does it get into a package? Processing perhaps? Not sarcastic at all, just simply pointing out how silly the arbitrary paleo rules are and how it's adherents make exceptions for products they like to eat

Fortunately for me I'm not Paleo, I just eat what I like. :D
  • Wheelhouse15
    Options
    Sam_I_Am77 wrote: »

Thanks, I'm hungry now and my building is in lock down because of the shooting at the Parliament buildings (in Ottawa). :s
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    I'm not paleo, but I do love these kinds of snacks. I've never heard of this product. Looks good, but gosh it's expensive. Just seem to be the way of it with these kinds of products. I bought some Brad's Vampire Killer kale chips a while back and they were soooo good, but the price is to much of a deterrent for me to buy them regularly.
  • BoxerBrawler
    Options
    Sam_I_Am77 wrote: »

Yum, I like this too. I also like wrapping bacon around apple slices or asparagus
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options

IMO, some people need the title. They need to call their diet something. Perhaps the name gives the an identity or a purpose... I don't know. Wether it is vegan, vegetarian, paleo etc... to be able to say, "I am a (insert diet name)." It's seems silly to me because I do not need to call my diet anything... other then it's just what I eat.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

you didn't know that cavemen had whole foods bro? I believe back then they called it "whole caves"....
  • maybebaby34
    maybebaby34 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Turn oven on to 375. In ziploc baggie put oil, spices & kale. Toss around till turn dark green. Layout on oven safe wire rack ontop of cookie sheet. Turn off oven & place in oven. The heat will crisp them but not burn since off. Cheap, quick kale chips! Takes about 10-15 minutes. :)
  • Wheelhouse15
    Options
    Turn oven on to 375. In ziploc baggie put oil, spices & kale. Toss around till turn dark green. Layout on oven safe wire rack ontop of cookie sheet. Turn off oven & place in oven. The heat will crisp them but not burn since off. Cheap, quick kale chips! Takes about 10-15 minutes. :)

Thanks, that sounds a lot cheaper!
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options

Yeah you can make kale chips at home for super cheap. I love them. Cumin, red pepper, garlic, salt and pepper is probably my favorite combo. My daughter likes them when I make them with powdered ranch dressing.
  • nickatine
    nickatine Posts: 451 Member
    Options

what he said
  • SaraJRosburg
    SaraJRosburg Posts: 43 Member
    Options

What ratio of oil to kale?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

because all caves came furnished with a fully functioning oven...