Paleo snack

Replies

• J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,994 Member
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    Turn oven on to 375. In ziploc baggie put oil, spices & kale. Toss around till turn dark green. Layout on oven safe wire rack ontop of cookie sheet. Turn off oven & place in oven. The heat will crisp them but not burn since off. Cheap, quick kale chips! Takes about 10-15 minutes. :)

because all caves came furnished with a fully functioning oven...

Is that really necessary?
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    and yet another thread gets hijacked by the SoS. :drinker:
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Turn oven on to 375. In ziploc baggie put oil, spices & kale. Toss around till turn dark green. Layout on oven safe wire rack ontop of cookie sheet. Turn off oven & place in oven. The heat will crisp them but not burn since off. Cheap, quick kale chips! Takes about 10-15 minutes. :)

Yeah you can make kale chips at home for super cheap. I love them. Cumin, red pepper, garlic, salt and pepper is probably my favorite combo. My daughter likes them when I make them with powdered ranch dressing.
    I also make my own. Love them. I just put garlic salt on mine.

• SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Acg67 wrote: »
    Paleo man <3 packaged, processed goods

you didn't know that cavemen had whole foods bro? I believe back then they called it "whole caves"....

Yeah, but the Jurassic dieters didn't go there
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    If it's not out of a bag or box, it's not modern paleo!
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    berries and insects
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    dbmata wrote: »
    If it's not out of a bag or box, it's not modern paleo!

Modern Paleo is the winner of today's oximoron award. B)
  • maybebaby34
    maybebaby34 Posts: 234 Member

Im not paleo, just like kale ;) funny story...my daughter is being a cavewoman for Halloween. (6yrs old). She was concerned that the whole day she would need to eat her meat raw. Lmao! True right? How do we know exactly when fire was invented? Do you choose which generation of paleo you eat like? Confused.... :/

• dbmata
    I'm not picky, I eat raw beef and lamb. ;)
  • maybebaby34

What ratio of oil to kale?
    Dont over think this. I put about 2tbs coconut oil and a whole bunch of kale. You want just enough to coat it, not leaving it oily. If you are a fan of cooking spray, you can just lay out kale, & spray, sprinkle with seasoning, & then put in oven. Even if you wanted to omit oil all together, just wet kale so seasoning sticks. It is really a throw together recipe. :)

• maybebaby34
    dbmata wrote: »
    I'm not picky, I eat raw beef and lamb. ;)
    Definitely pass the info along. Lol honestly idk what her concern was. She barely eats meat as it is!
  • dbmata
    Make your daughter some beef tartare, she might like it. Or god... tuna tartare...

now i'm hungry.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    I don't advocate snacking because I don't really feel the need for snacks on Paleo. But I don't know what else to call it. Anyway, Whole Foods sells Alive and Radiant Kale Krunch as well as Wonderfully Raw Brussel Bites. They are sooooooo delicious, low in calories, healthy, raw, vegan and paleo! I sometimes eat a bag for lunch! Emjoy :smile:

You are eating 1,100 calories. . .it would be make sense to eat a snack or 3.

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    J72FIT wrote: »

probably not, but I find the whole concept of paleo hilarious...
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member

<--Kale chip virgin. I can't wait to try this. I never buy the actual kale chips due to the outrageous pricing. Everyone I know loves them.

• J72FIT

As do I. That said, some people need a diet with a name. So be it...

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member

so if I call how I create my deficit …."The Big Johnson Plan to Big Weight Loss" can I make millions too??????
  • J72FIT

so if I call how I create my deficit …."The Big Johnson Plan to Big Weight Loss" can I make millions too??????

Lol! It would never sell... not sexy enough.
  • LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member
    You are all copping out.... a real Paleo would run down an antelope for a snack... so kick off your shoes, sharpen your stick and get out there....
  • LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member
    You are all copping out.... a real Paleo would run down an antelope for a snack... so kick off your shoes, sharpen your stick and get out there....