Your Biggest Weight Loss Struggle?

Options
124»

Replies

• Rhonda21km
    Rhonda21km Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Anything salty and crunchy - (potatoe chips are the worst!) but
    as long as I don't have them in my house, I won't go out of my way to get them.

I also love beer - and, coincidentally - they go great with what?.... That's right! Potatoe chips !! lol:wink:
  • MrsGriffin67
    MrsGriffin67 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I struggle with the sodium and the scale lying to me when I had too much sodium the day b4 lol

^^^ This plus things like chips w/ dip/salsa...that is my weakness. I am also a binge/emotional eater. i'm really trying to work past those things though. Best of luck on your journey.
  • jjscholar
    jjscholar Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I would say that my greatest struggle during my current weight loss and fitness journey is cutting back on excess salt in my diet. Well that and being able to maintain my weight at between 175-180 lbs... My net calorie intake is 2950 to 3250 per day... It is because lately I workout between five to six days per week... Most of my effective workout time is cardio such as Zumba and other forms of cardiodance... I have also tried to incorporate more upper body resistance. I have improved at least on the bi-cep curl machine. I know that it is not the same as doing bi-cep curls using free weights...
  • peopletalk
    peopletalk Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    wine is a big one for me

and fast food.
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Working 2nd shift (3-11) and having a 2.5 year old lol

Yep! I work 4pm-12am or sometimes 10am-12am and have a 2 year old. Ugh
  • mg720
    mg720 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Finding enough time to exercise in the end you have to priorities and our yourself first.

^^^THIS! and also for me my biggest struggle has been more mental than anything else. I have always had poor self esteem and body image issues, even now in maintenance i still am my very worst critic.
  • daltem
    daltem Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    My struggle today was a gain of 1.4 lbs when I thought I would have lost. It sent me into an eating frenzy. :(. I've gotta figure out a way to not let this happen again because I know this road I'm on is going to be bumpy from time to time.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    trying to get to Onderland-
    one week i gained
    one week i lost less than a pound
    i need to lose three pounda and im there
  • mellymelly1
    mellymelly1 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Trying to stay positive and focused when I plateau for 8-10 days straight. Struggling with the same irritating :grumble: pound for days...
  • tanyacunningham397
    tanyacunningham397 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Finding out that my boyfriend has Gout and the food i need to eat he could not + someone that has gout and someone that is pre-diabetic is hard to make a proper food shopping list and he like his sweet and i have a really big weakness for them
  • ballewstacy
    Options
    I think almost all of the above. Leaving chocolate and sweets alone is probably the biggest. I'm a diabetic and it seems that is all I want. I could live on them alone. So, committment would also be among my biggest challenge.
  • alli_v
    alli_v Posts: 11
    Options
    Resisting binges and alcohol
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    Boredom eating. As long as I can avoid munching when I have nothing to do, I'm good.
  • klnor88
    klnor88 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Patience... My husband and I desperately want a baby but I need/want to lose the weight first. Sometimes I don't feel like I'm losing enough despite my efforts and I get discouraged.
  • RepsnSets
    RepsnSets Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    The alcohol and I only drink one night a week. Waaahhhhh lol usually what comes with that is the day after, hungover and wanting greasies and mucnhies all day.
  • THICKandFIT
    THICKandFIT Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Going out to bars with friends :/

Bar food+4 vodka crans=HUGE set back.
  • jennagoogles13
    Options
    Constantly being surrounded by people who eat whatever they want whenever they want and never seem to gain weight.
  • squiggyflop
    squiggyflop Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Having to shell out money for new (thrift store) clothes every 2 weeks when I drop 5lbs. I am going through clothes like no tomorrow. Of course not all things can be bought used. Dont even get me started on the prices for new underwear. Its highway robbery. And I have to replace them all in a month when they are so loose that they fall off of me. I do not like to spend money, especially on things that do not last. I do not like having to spend 40 dollars a month on clothing that wont fit me a month later.
  • jimshine
    jimshine Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    The extra skin is bugging me. Being on the road having to eat out all the time sucks too.