No Crust Pizza

Options

Replies

• strongmindstrongbody
    Options
    I made pancakes once using cream cheese. It wasn't half bad. But I still prefer flour. :) Good alternative for people with special dietary needs, though.
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    It's unfortunate that this pizza place closed its doors. They made a zero carb crust that was very good. Maybe someone will purchase their recipe.

http://www.eshticken.com/blog/

This sounded good, so I went on a mission to try to find a pizza crust made with chicken and found this one. I am trying this for dinner tonight!
    http://yourlighterside.com/2012/02/easy-pizza-crust/

This apparently is a pizza that you can actually pick up and eat, instead of eating with your fork like the cauliflower crust.

BTW, for those who are saying 'just eat real pizza', there are many of us that are gluten-sensitive, or insulin resistant/diabetic, that must eliminate wheat, and/or must reduce grains and carbs in our diets. Finding a way to have pizza, even tho it may not be as perfect as Pizza Hut stuffed crust, (heaven!), helps us feel like we are eating a bit more like 'normal' people.

No need to hate on us finding ways to still have our old faves. And I make the cauliflower crust frequently and it is loved by all who try it. Even teenagers and my hubby, who don't have to eat gluten free.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    What is so bad about crusts??

For people that must avoid gluten or limit carbs, a lot
  • jellybeanhed313
    jellybeanhed313 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Sounds good. I make cauliflower pizza all the time since I figured out I'm sensitive to gluten.

Cauliflower Pizza
    2 cups cauliflower steamed, pureed and as much water squeezed out as possible
    1 cup shredded mozzerella cheese(This can be omitted for dairy free, add another egg)
    2 eggs(whole or whites)
    1 teaspoon italian seasoning

Mix together and spread out onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake at 400 until it starts to brown. Remove from oven and add sauce and toppings of your choice. Broil until chesse is melted.

I like to make mini pizzas with this recipe. They are easier to handle and have more crispy edges. You can make the pizzas as thin or thick as you'd like.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    "Dogs Bollocks" is good.
    Actually in Ireland it can mean both good or bad depending on how it is used.

"It's the dogs bollox" = good
    "You made a dogs bollox of that" = bad

True, but in this context, the poster meant "good". :wink:
  • sn00py0673
    sn00py0673 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jellybeanhed313
    jellybeanhed313 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Thought I would also share another no crust pizza that I made last night.

For "crust"-
    1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
    4 eggs(whole or whites)

Top with any sauce or topping you like.

Sprinkleparm cheese into a 12" frying pan that is oven safe. Heat over med until it starts to melt and brown some. Pour on eggs. Cover with lid and turn heat down to med/low. Let eggs set until you can touch the top and it is no longer wet. Turn heat off and top any way you like. Put under the broiler until cheese is bubbly. Let set about 5 min before cutting.

I found this as good as my cauliflower pizza crust, but a whole lot faster to prepare.
  • IrishChik
    IrishChik Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    bump, this thread is full of goodness.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    This is very similar to a pizza dip recipe I have...it's actually really good; but the calories are somewhat atrocious :embarassed:
  • SherriBertrand
    Options
    I don't mean to come off as nasty, but it really should have been posted as a low carb, high calorie no crust pizza. For us counting calories, this would be a nightmare into burning off the calories. Plus there is nothing ( not much fiber in it) to prevent one from over eating. I am for high protein diets, but I worry about all the fat this pizza has. I may need a quadrupal bypass after eating the whole thing, or pretty close to one.
  • riskybizness02
    Options
    Calories not huge . when you think of two slices spread out over 9 x11 pan, the calories are only like 215 per slice. two pieces fill you up without the drop in blood sugar without the crust.. I love it, and have made it three times so far. and its a hit, and your not hungry an hour later when all the greasy carbs settle.
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    ummm okay I would totally eat this and probably will lol but my niece tried the cauliflower crust one and she like it so if you are watching your numbers and don't want to indulge too much I would say try that one?
  • supra_driven
    supra_driven Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    50jk.jpg

NO DOUGH PIZZA!!!!!!! This one is a WINNER!!!!
    Gluten Free, Low Carb, Diabetic Friendly!!!!!!
    For when you absolutely want pizza but not all the carbs!!!!!!!

Crust
    1 (8 oz) package of full fat cream cheese, room temperature
    2 eggs
    1/4 tsp ground black pepper
    1 tsp garlic powder
    1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese

Topping
    1/2 cup pizza sauce
    1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
    toppings - pepperoni, ham, sausage, mushrooms, peppers
    Garlic powder

Preheat oven to 350.

Lightly spay a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray. With a handheld mixer, mix cream cheese, eggs, pepper, garlic powder and parmesan cheese until combined. Spread into baking dish. Bake for 12-15 minutes, our until golden brown. Allow crust to cool for 10 minutes.

Spread pizza sauce on crust. Top with cheese and toppings. Sprinkle pizza with garlic powder. Bake 8-10 minutes, until cheese is melted.

Have not tried this yet but it sure looks delicious.

I haven't tried the cauliflower crust yet as mentioned by someone else, but I did make me an "oopsie bread" pizza with beef, bacon, and mozzarella the other day. It had a total of 9g carbs. It was delicious.
    0122140859.jpg

PaleoPizza.jpg

You can always substitute the toppings to lower the fat content if you wish. I'm going to make me chicken pizza next time.
  • deerael
    deerael Posts: 1
    Options
    We make this 2-3 times a month using different toppings. It is so wonderful and good especially since it is gluten free
  • goalss4nika
    goalss4nika Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    What are the calories in this?

are you kidding me? they are clearly stated above by someone who has just made it

Why so rude??? Maybe she just missed this.. Relax
  • ChoiceNotChance
    ChoiceNotChance Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Bumping for recipe ideas. ;-)
  • babynew
    babynew Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    50jk.jpg

NO DOUGH PIZZA!!!!!!! This one is a WINNER!!!!
    Gluten Free, Low Carb, Diabetic Friendly!!!!!!
    For when you absolutely want pizza but not all the carbs!!!!!!!

Crust
    1 (8 oz) package of full fat cream cheese, room temperature
    2 eggs
    1/4 tsp ground black pepper
    1 tsp garlic powder
    1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese

Topping
    1/2 cup pizza sauce
    1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
    toppings - pepperoni, ham, sausage, mushrooms, peppers
    Garlic powder

Preheat oven to 350.

Lightly spay a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray. With a handheld mixer, mix cream cheese, eggs, pepper, garlic powder and parmesan cheese until combined. Spread into baking dish. Bake for 12-15 minutes, our until golden brown. Allow crust to cool for 10 minutes.

Spread pizza sauce on crust. Top with cheese and toppings. Sprinkle pizza with garlic powder. Bake 8-10 minutes, until cheese is melted.

Have not tried this yet but it sure looks delicious.
    My kiddo would probably love this