Is it possible to lose 30 pounds in 3 months ?!?!

Options
13»

Replies

• ljones27uk
    ljones27uk Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    ive lost 26lbs in 10 weeks, so not far short of 30lb in 3 months, and that's starting from 198lbs, so yes I would say the OPs question is achievable.
  • KrzyGal
    KrzyGal Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I lost 33 pounds in a little over 2 months. Though stress took over my body. That was in 2011 and I figured I'd gain it back but I started working out and toning up, got back to a healthier weight and am still going. My doctor ran tests but she's been my doctor for over 10 years, she knows that's how I get with stress but still had to rule out everything she could.
    It's attainable, even in a healthy way, depending on what your start weight is.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal

This^

Fast weight loss is not the same thing as healthy weight loss.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-living/weight-loss/expert-answers/fast-weight-loss/faq-20058289
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    During the divorce from hell, I lost 30lbs in two weeks. :(

I'm sorry you went through a bad divorce, but how is this helpful?

OP - Eat at a reasonable deficit, lift weights, drink a lot of water and be happy. The weight will come off with patience and consistency.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    Not usually. But if you do, beware the loose skin. When you lose fast, you end up with loose saggy skin. I would recommend losing slower so that your skin can keep up with you.
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    I started back at this at 169 on Aug. 4, so it will be 12 weeks on Monday, and have lost 17. Based on calorie deficits, I don't think I could lose any faster. You need to recalculate your calories every 5 lbs. At 152 I can eat 1740 for maintenance, less 500 per pound I want to lose per week. So if I wanted to lose 2 lbs per week I would have to net 740 calories per day, I don't think so!!!
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    Possible? Yes
    Healthy? No

I'd rather lose the weight slowly and live my life while I'm doing it. And also be practicing for how to maintain it. When I'm close to maintenance, it'll only be a few calories in difference between losing and maintaining.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    jrline wrote: »
    yes doing mostly cardio and eating 1400-1500 calories a day I lost more than that in 90 days

29509743.png

You are also a male that had over 100lbs to lose.....per your ticker.

Apples to Soccer balls in this case.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    totally. especially if you are at the beginning of your weight loss.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    hell i lost 45 in 3 months when I was at my biggest.
  • alisonw1551
    Options
    I lost 20 lbs in two months (145 to 125). If you are a woman and list yourself as sedentary (don't give yourself the benefit in calories of activity just with actual exercise) with a goal of 2lbs a week you should manage to 1200 calories and lose the weight in 3 months. Also, per a lot of outside diet recommendations I try to limit carbs to 50-80 carbs per day as the fitness pal one is very inflated. I only get my carbs through vegetables and never eat starches regardless of whether or not they are percieved as whole grains or good for you) I also don't suggest eating a lot more if you work out as I agree these calories can be inflated.
  • MegzC321
    MegzC321 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Carbs are kinda hard for me to avoid all together, but I am cutting them down.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    Possible? For some. If you have a lot to lose, yes.
    The closer to goal you are the slower the process is.

It's a marathon, not a race.

A pedant writes; A marathon is a kind of race....

I kind of love you right now.