Will my small breast size decrease even more with weight loss?

Options
2»

Replies

• Jmwotw
    Jmwotw Posts: 1
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »
    Surely working your pectorals would help you maintain some chest size?

What exercises would those be?

Bench Presses

I don't mind strength training as long as I don't do certain exercises that make my waist wider cause I'm trying to slim it down to make it propitiational!

I'm no exercise guru, but I don't think there are any exercises that will make your waist wider. And as for other parts of your body, the rule of thumb that I've always heard is that high-weight-low-reps builds mass (which you presumably don't want), and low-weight-high-reps builds strength without building mass. Both will tone your muscles.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Jmwotw wrote: »

Bench Presses

I don't mind strength training as long as I don't do certain exercises that make my waist wider cause I'm trying to slim it down to make it propitiational!

I'm no exercise guru, but I don't think there are any exercises that will make your waist wider. And as for other parts of your body, the rule of thumb that I've always heard is that high-weight-low-reps builds mass (which you presumably don't want), and low-weight-high-reps builds strength without building mass. Both will tone your muscles.

This is wrong. Eating at a surplus builds muscles while on a progressing strength program.
    High reps are for endurance, low reps are for strength.
  • dlj1405
    dlj1405 Posts: 66 Member
    Options

Bench Presses

This is wrong. Eating at a surplus builds muscles while on a progressing strength program.

Could you say that in a way I can understand please, sorry haha
  • randomtai
    Options

Bench Presses

Aside from newbie gains, you cannot build muscle eating at a deficit, only at a surplus and even then it is hard as hell. If you are interested in heavy lifting, look into a program that would make things much easier. Such as, Stronglifts 5X5, New Rules of Lifting for Women etc, etc.
  • dlj1405
    dlj1405 Posts: 66 Member
    Options

Bench Presses

Aside from newbie gains, you cannot build muscle eating at a deficit, only at a surplus and even then it is hard as hell. If you are interested in heavy lifting, look into a program that would make things much easier. Such as, Stronglifts 5X5, New Rules of Lifting for Women etc, etc.

Oh I get you now! I just want to tone up so if I use these machines at a deficit I won't bulk up just tone?
  • randomtai
    Options

Bench Presses

Oh I get you now! I just want to tone up so if I use these machines at a deficit I won't bulk up just tone?

Don't be scared to lift a barbell. Machines are for wimps.... j/k I use machines for accessory work but not for main lifting.
  • feralkitten1010
    feralkitten1010 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    It really just depends on your body and the amount of fat tissue you've in your breasts. I've lost a little more than 30 pounds, and I'm still the same cup size.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    It kind of bites, but we don't get to pick where the fat comes from :frowning: