My coworkers do this diet and i can't help but laugh

Options

Replies

• Elsie_Brownraisin
    Elsie_Brownraisin Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    245n2tk.jpg

Phase 2: 'crap - fresh only, no imitation is listed as an approved food and If you don't lose any weight for 2 to 3 days in a row, consider doing an Apple Day where you eat nothing but 6 apples and drink one gallon of water

You can't excercise, because you will be too fatigued, but I'm glad to see that the programme allows you take your insulin and heart meds. That's only fair.

And why can't you consume 2 crackers at the same time? Do they cancel each other out?

I thought it was a joke, especially with the comment Hi again, I'm on week 3 P2. I cannot take the vitamins, they make me very nauseous and give me heartburn. I'm weak all the time, even dizzy, almost fainted twice. I've lost 14.4 pounds which is amazing. I'm committed to finishing this and P3. I thank you for all of the info you are blogging on.

• amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't mind going on this diet. The first two days that is.
  • mitchfergustitus
    mitchfergustitus Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Are the Omni Drops really Super Glue and they glue your mouth shut so you can't eat...lol
  • Maryanne1923
    Maryanne1923 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Apart from the miracle drops its basically just a crash diet. My favourite parts are "If you don't lose any weight for 2 to 3 days in a row, consider doing an Apple Day where you eat nothing but 6 apples and drink one gallon of water" and this absolute gem (presumably because it's a no fat diet and the oil may, you know, get in thru your skin) "Use oil-free makeup, moisturizers, lotions and hair products."
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    1pjah7 wrote: »
    Even after seeing that, they still either do crazy diets or outright starve themselves. I don't understand it. I really don't.

Because it is much easier to blame the "diet" for their weight loss failure than to accept their own accountability and or/responsibility for their eating decisions and bad choices.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    I recognize this diet to the letter! This is the hCG diet, using the homeopathic "drops" that supposedly contain hCG (but usually don't actually contain any, according to FDA tests on these drops). The drops have simply been renamed to the Omni drops, apparently, most likely so that they wouldn't have to put any hCG in the drops or advertise them as such. I assume that no credit was given anywhere on the site to Dr. Simeone, the creator of the hCG diet.

I followed this diet THREE TIMES between the ages of 14 and 17, losing large amounts and gaining them again shortly afterward, and I lost a huge amount of my muscle mass, which I regret to this day. My mom still insists that they work, however, and gives them a half-hearted shot once in a while.
  • knitapeace
    knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    ...and this absolute gem (presumably because it's a no fat diet and the oil may, you know, get in thru your skin) "Use oil-free makeup, moisturizers, lotions and hair products."

That's so when you start to chew off your own arm from starvation, you don't get any unnecessary extra fat.

• LouLouStBijou
    LouLouStBijou Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    knitapeace wrote: »
    ...and this absolute gem (presumably because it's a no fat diet and the oil may, you know, get in thru your skin) "Use oil-free makeup, moisturizers, lotions and hair products."

That's so when you start to chew off your own arm from starvation, you don't get any unnecessary extra fat.

LOL - HILARIOUS
  • trinatrina1984
    trinatrina1984 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    If I had a £1 for every time I hear a co worker is doing something ridiculous I would be pretty well off by now, I've gotta say this one takes the biscuit though.
  • Flora_k
    Flora_k Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I shared my story with this diet here:
    http://carikay11.hubpages.com/hub/unsafe_hcg_diet

You can read up on the measurements listed on the bottle too. I had to really dig to find out how much hCG was in the bottle and learned that there is no hCG. When you have numbers like 24x and 60x on the bottle, it's a spiritual thing. Crazy, huh?
    "Homeopaths maintain that this water retains some "essential property" of the original material, because the preparation has been shaken after each dilution.Hahnemann believed that the dynamisation or shaking of the solution caused a "spirit-like" healing force to be released from within the substance. Even though the homeopathic remedies are often extremely diluted, homeopaths maintain that a healing force is retained by these homeopathic preparations." taken from the Know Homeopathy site

You can read the comments on my page. I don't allow pro-hCG diet posts since the diet is illegal. You can read about all the awful side effects real people have had including a stopped heart and long-term health problems.

I hate that I fell for this diet but I am glad that my own mistake is helping others not make it or just realize they are not alone with all the side effects.
  • afortunatedragon
    afortunatedragon Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    kqyddqrm2pg3.jpg
  • trinatrina1984
    trinatrina1984 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    So OP, how are your co workers getting on?
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    OK, HERE'S THE DEAL-

I'm gonna need you to eat a bunch of crap and get your water weight up. THEN weigh yourself and take measurements. You'll be amazed how much you lose!
  • nuttynanners
    nuttynanners Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Yikes. So many things wrong with this. Too bad "magic" weight loss products sound more enticing than the tried and true method of developing healthy habits. There is so much misinformation out there it's nuts!
  • gabrielleelliott90
    gabrielleelliott90 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Hahaha. See, I feel sorry for these sorts of people, which seem to be most of the world population. They want a quick fix and really believe it will work, and really want to succeed with it. I wish it was that way too. Sadly though, you have to put in work.
  • goldilocks509
    goldilocks509 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    this diet works because it is basically an elimination diet. you get rid of everything that causes inflammation. you can still add more protein and vegetables as long as they are healthy meats and veggies.
  • threnjen
    threnjen Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    this diet works because it is basically an elimination diet. you get rid of everything that causes inflammation. you can still add more protein and vegetables as long as they are healthy meats and veggies.

What? Inflammation? What?
  • biggirlnomore192
    Options
    And some people think using my nutribullet to extract fruits and veggies isn't natural.
  • karenrich77
    karenrich77 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    1pjah7 wrote: »
    This is the kind of crazy diet I would have done in the past. Fast weight loss only to gain it right back shortly after. One of the posters in the comments section said she was dizzy, weak, and almost fainted twice, but she lost 14 pounds. Some endorsement.

My coworkers did this and complained how they felt "like crap" and "had headaches all the time" but acted like i was crazy when i suggested calorie counting and fitness pal saying "i don't think that would work. You can't just eat whatever you want. Everybody knows that"

I eat whatever i want and in a short period of time have lost about 30 lbs already. Even after seeing that, they still either do crazy diets or outright starve themselves. I don't understand it. I really don't. They probably assume i'm lying when i say "i just ate jack in the box today and feel great. As long as i stay under my calories, i eat whatever the hell i want".

I feel bad for them because its like a dysfunctional cycle of "lose weight and be miserable-gain weight back shortly after-lose weight and be miserable". How many times are you going to make a mistake before you learn from it?

I have a bunch of friends like this, they just did SlimPro which made them load and then eat 750 calories a day for the rest of the week. Needless to say that's didn't work so now they are onto a 'coffee' weight loss diet..... dear me, yet they see I have lost 78 pounds doing calorie counting and exercise, YET they still don't get it :pensive:
  • FaylinaMeir
    FaylinaMeir Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I just... I can't... I can't even o.O

This sounds like a recipe for diabetus! 'Murica Just imagine the guy on the infomercial offering you your diabetus testing supplies through the mail.