150 lbs GONE!

Options
cdcjensen
cdcjensen Posts: 30 Member
Sixteen months and 150 lbs later, I reached my goal about a month ago and am literally half the person I used to be. I did it entirely through exercise and being diligent with tracking in MFP -- and actually adhering to the daily limits! I still stare at myself in the mirror, sometimes smiling because I can't believe I did it, and sometimes crying because it's a bit overwhelming to not recognize myself. My closet is practically empty because I can't even figure out how to shop for "normal" clothes -- I don't even know what I like. It's definitely a problem I enjoy having!

wcbrsa2m278r.jpg

Replies

• fobs13
    fobs13 Posts: 1,080 Member
    Options
    Wowser! You look fab. Why don't you treat yourself to a personal shopper and see what they pick out for you. They might get you to try things you would not consider yourself.
  • carrieannbate
    Options
    You look amazing. What an inspiration you are to all those people who are in the position you were in and now are! (Hope that makes sense) Congratulations xx
  • BigMech
    BigMech Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation!

Great work!
  • Josephine237
    Josephine237 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Wow! Just Wow! You give me so much hope. Congratulations on meeting your goal!
  • Angimom
    Angimom Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    You look amazing. Would you, could you please elaborate on your calorie goals, and your exercise routine. Congratulations.
  • njitaliana
    njitaliana Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Wow. You have done a fabulous job. Congrats!!
  • cdcjensen
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Angimom wrote: »
    You look amazing. Would you, could you please elaborate on your calorie goals, and your exercise routine. Congratulations.

Thank you! Honestly, for the first 100 lbs, my exercise was just walking a few miles several days per week. It was only in the last 6 months that I got more serious, which for me, means doing the elliptical a few days per week and then a little strength training a couple days per week. My neighbor is a personal trainer, and he told me the food aspect is far more critical to weight loss than the exercise piece, and based on my own journey, I have to agree.

For food, like most people, it seemed like it took no time before MFP had my daily limit set close to 1200, and I was pretty faithful to that. If that meant just eating steamed broccoli and a little piece of chicken for dinner, then that's what I did. It wasn't easy, but I had so much to lose that I decided I'd rather be super disciplined and get it done, rather than being a little more relaxed and taking several years. I did, however, make sure I kept my carbs, sugar, and sodium well below what MFP allowed. Seems like those were the weeks where I had the most success on the scale.
  • flatlndr
    flatlndr Posts: 713 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Wow! Hard to believe you're the same person as in the before photo! (I'm sure it never gets old hearing that!) Congratulations!
  • VictoriaS57
    VictoriaS57 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Great job! Great transformation!
  • cdcjensen
    Options
    fobs13 wrote: »
    Wowser! You look fab. Why don't you treat yourself to a personal shopper and see what they pick out for you. They might get you to try things you would not consider yourself.

That is a GREAT idea! I bet it would take the stress out of it. Right now, my 13-year-old son is helping. I figured he couldn't do any worse than me in making a clothing decision! But, I know he'll be honest about the way something looks, and he's actually done a good job so far. But, I do need some adult assistance, and yours is a great idea!

• sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Absolutely fantastic job. You are a gorgeous woman. Isn't it interesting how your face shape changed too? Very, very motivating. Thanks for sharing your journey and result.
  • mhollencamp102012
    mhollencamp102012 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    wow!! you have me speechless...just WOW
  • stephe1987
    stephe1987 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • U2R2
    U2R2 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Awesome, just awesome.
  • librarydebster
    librarydebster Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! You look beautiful! Always nice to hear from someone who has done the long struggle and made it. It's very inspiring to see the transformation.

I have lost 65 pounds so far, most of it using MFP. Sometime next year I expect to reach my ultimate goal. So far I can't believe the difference when I look in the mirror. It's a rewarding journey!
  • pleasurelittletreasure
    Options
    Great job and very inspirational!! <3
  • p444cod41
    p444cod41 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Amazing!well done u have done great!:)
  • blackcoffeeandcherrypie
    Options
    Wow! You look amazing! You don't look like the same person. You look much younger now too :-)
  • 50sFit
    50sFit Posts: 712 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    wow - great progress...again: WOW!
    - <3
  • JustFindingMe
    JustFindingMe Posts: 390 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Whoa! Congratulations !
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!