150 lbs GONE!

Options

Replies

• softblondechick
    softblondechick Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Good work. I agree on the issue of "food vs. exercise", it really is all about keeping track of food. For me, working out, is an incentive to eat less, because I am more aware of my body.

What is the difference between a person who starts a wieght loss program, and sticks with it, and the person who starts one, and gives up? I would find a study like that very interesting to read. So many, start the journey, and never make it to the end.

Glad you met your goal. Kudos to you.
  • tattooedminx
    tattooedminx Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Beautiful! Congrats on your loss!
  • Keeta83
    Keeta83 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Wow...you should be so proud of yourself! You look fantastic!
  • robster160
    robster160 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Good. For. You! Congratulations!!!!!!! You rock :smiley:
  • Jen_1964
    Jen_1964 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You look marvelous! Thank you for sharing your success it gives those of us hope that are still working towards our goal. Applause!!!!
  • QueenE_
    QueenE_ Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Beautiful before and after! Congrats!!!
  • lapierrecyclist
    lapierrecyclist Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! You worked hard to succeed and you did! Thanks for the inspiring photos and story. You are gorgeous!
  • dangie2002
    dangie2002 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing, you are inspirational!!
  • cdcjensen
    cdcjensen Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    "cdcjensen wrote: »
    I had high blood pressure and high cholesterol, both of which have completely been resolved -- haven't been on meds for either in months! I also had bad knees, a bad back, slept like crap, and generally felt like crap and always needed a nap, etc.

you are describing me to a tee. This is awesome to hear! Curious, how did you know when to get off the BP meds? did you start to get dizzy? thanks

I did start to get dizzy, so my doctor said let's try it without meds. That was January. Never had to go back on the meds!

• Emi1974
    Emi1974 Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    You look great! I need your determination, mine is hiding :o
    Thank you for sharing :D
  • bobbinalong
    bobbinalong Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    You Rock cdcjensen! Congratulations on all you have acheived! I wanna be dizzy, lol!
  • minideema
    minideema Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    cdcjensen wrote: »
    Angimom wrote: »
    You look amazing. Would you, could you please elaborate on your calorie goals, and your exercise routine. Congratulations.

For food, like most people, it seemed like it took no time before MFP had my daily limit set close to 1200, and I was pretty faithful to that. If that meant just eating steamed broccoli and a little piece of chicken for dinner, then that's what I did. It wasn't easy, but I had so much to lose that I decided I'd rather be super disciplined and get it done, rather than being a little more relaxed and taking several years. I did, however, make sure I kept my carbs, sugar, and sodium well below what MFP allowed. Seems like those were the weeks where I had the most success on the scale.

Thank you, steamed for me now on! You look fabulous! How do you feel now?
  • Teal4me
    Teal4me Posts: 104
    Options
    Your a true inspiration :)
  • zack1st
    Options
    Well done :-)
  • ssflbelle2012
    ssflbelle2012 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    WOW all that weight in less than 2 years. You look fantastic. Can I ask what age range you are in? I am close to 60 and my weight loss has slowed down so much this time around. It is frustrating and when I don't see the scale go down I admit I cheat with foods I shouldn't have. I don't know what to do to make it speed up. What did you do when you had weeks when you didn't lose or did you lose each week?
  • cdcjensen
    Options
    ssflbelle wrote: »
    WOW all that weight in less than 2 years. You look fantastic. Can I ask what age range you are in? I am close to 60 and my weight loss has slowed down so much this time around. It is frustrating and when I don't see the scale go down I admit I cheat with foods I shouldn't have. I don't know what to do to make it speed up. What did you do when you had weeks when you didn't lose or did you lose each week?

I'm mid 40's. And, I had a number of frustrating weeks where the scale didn't budge or went up. I just stuck with it. Quitting was never an option. But, if it got stuck, I'd mix up anything and everything I could think of -- change eating habits a little, change my exercise routine a little, lower my carbs/sodium a little, etc. And, honestly, a good cheat meal always seemed to do wonders to get things moving again -- kept my body guessing, and it would respond by getting into gear again. Hang in there, and focus on the lifestyle changes you are learning to make a habit, and I'm sure patience will pay off.
  • cdcjensen
    Options
    minideema wrote: »
    cdcjensen wrote: »
    Angimom wrote: »
    You look amazing. Would you, could you please elaborate on your calorie goals, and your exercise routine. Congratulations.

For food, like most people, it seemed like it took no time before MFP had my daily limit set close to 1200, and I was pretty faithful to that. If that meant just eating steamed broccoli and a little piece of chicken for dinner, then that's what I did. It wasn't easy, but I had so much to lose that I decided I'd rather be super disciplined and get it done, rather than being a little more relaxed and taking several years. I did, however, make sure I kept my carbs, sugar, and sodium well below what MFP allowed. Seems like those were the weeks where I had the most success on the scale.

Thank you, steamed for me now on! You look fabulous! How do you feel now?

Like a million bucks. I like to think if I would had realized how good I would feel that I would have done this years ago, but the truth is, I wasn't mentally or emotionally ready to make the commitment to myself years ago.
  • chrissiescornermfp
    Options
    Wow, holy s***! You look great.
  • wealthygirl
    wealthygirl Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    What an A M A Z I N G transformation! So happy for your success!!
  • jasonr1009
    jasonr1009 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    you kick so much *kitten*! Good for you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!