Supersize vs Superskinny

Options
13»

Replies

• KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options

The only thing is in the US we don't use 'stones' so I have to pay attention to the scale when they're being weighed or go to Google to see how much they weigh.

A stone is 14lbs so just multiply it up (eg 10 stones = 140lbs)
  • Katey12891
    Katey12891 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I like seeing them eat each other's diets for a week...
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Saw the show for the first time this morning. The idea or pairing up an anorexic person with an obese person for "shock treatment" via diet comparison is interesting.

If you are obese do you think it would be helpful to become friends with an anorexic/bulimic to compare diets and help each other?

If you are anorexic/bulimic do you think it would be helpful to become friends with an an obese person to compare diets and help each other?

Before anyone points it out, I of course realize you can be both obese and be anorexic/bulimic

It appears they do a "diet swap" at the beginning of each episode. The anorexic/bulimic trades meals with the obese person. Some people are not happy with the format:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2098744/Supersize-vs-Superskinny-said-trigger-eating-disorder-sufferers.html

I first watched it long ago and found it interesting and difficult to watch. At the time (this was long ago) my reaction was that the heavy person was being over-dramatic about the diet change. But, I felt concerned for the skinny person needing to suddenly force feed themselves an over eaters diet. It can be quite painful, lead to vomiting, and have the revers effect of forming a healthy relationship with and love of food and enjoyment of food.

And yeah, for people that are well into recovery a friendship between disordered eaters on either ends of the spectrum (over-eaters and under-eaters) can be eye opening and healing to discover the underlying similarities.
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I'm kinda obsessed with this show and now I'm up to season 4

Right now I'm watching this episode - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vy-SYD-gVB0

The supersize guy averages 10,000 calories a day.
  • SharonCMach
    SharonCMach Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Sounds interesting!! What channel is it on? I can't seem to find it on DirecTV. Also what channel is Secret Eaters on? I guess I might just have to check these shows out on You Tube if I don't get them threw DirecTV.
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    They don't show either shows here but youtube has all episodes.
  • helenrosemay
    helenrosemay Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Saw the show for the first time this morning. The idea or pairing up an anorexic person with an obese person for "shock treatment" via diet comparison is interesting.

If you are obese do you think it would be helpful to become friends with an anorexic/bulimic to compare diets and help each other?

If you are anorexic/bulimic do you think it would be helpful to become friends with an an obese person to compare diets and help each other?

Before anyone points it out, I of course realize you can be both obese and be anorexic/bulimic

It appears they do a "diet swap" at the beginning of each episode. The anorexic/bulimic trades meals with the obese person. Some people are not happy with the format:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2098744/Supersize-vs-Superskinny-said-trigger-eating-disorder-sufferers.html

The superskinny people aren't automatically anorexic/bulimic, in fact I highly doubt any of them are. They just have an unhealthy diet and don't eat enough calories, just like the obese who eat too many calories.