Success so far... 15 lbs until goal weight

Options
hmrambling
hmrambling Posts: 321 Member
edited July 2019 in Success Stories
2iw20zl.jpg
In the picture above, the picture on the left was taken in 2010 when I was at my heaviest. I weighed about 185 lbs. I had uterine fibroids. I was anemic. I had low energy. I used (abused) thermogenics and diet pills for energy. I was not losing weight. The pills masked the fatigue caused by anemia. In 2011, I had a hysterectomy which resolved the anemia and uterine fibroids. I lost nearly 30 lbs between August 2011 and October 2012 without much modification to diet or exercise. I was probably more active because I was not anemic, but I did not put a great deal of energy into getting in shape. I lost the weight due to no longer being anemeic. In 2013, I had a complete thyroidectomy which called for recovery time, and I gained 15 lbs back that I lost the previous year.

In 2014, I began working out and watching what I ate. I joined a program through my work that encouraged that I log meals and workouts. It recommended very low calorie intake. I began losing weight, but I was tired and irritable. Finally, I joined MFP on June 25, 2014. I began weighing my food, set my macros, continued to work out regularly, started free weights, and started running. The picture on the right was taken September 26, 2014. I weighed 146 lbs.

[edited by MFP mods to remove the underwear pictures as they violate the community guidelines https://www.myfitnesspal.com/community-guidelines : 4. Keep it Classy (we mean your images)]

I do not have any underwear "before" pictures. In fact, I have very few "before" pictures at all. Most of the time I was behind the camera. Now, I do not have a problem getting in front of a camera. I don't feel the need to hide myself.

My goal weight was originally 130. I am aiming for 125. I am not dead set on 125. I want to be healthy and strong... and to be comfortable in front of the camera.

Thanks for all of your help and all of your experience, strength, and hope... and thank you for being mean. I love the meanies here. All of you guys have helped me a lot :)

Replies

• spa407
    spa407 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Terrific accomplishment. A goal of being 'healthy and strong' is the way to go! Good for you.
  • stonegirldancing42
    stonegirldancing42 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I'm at 190 seeking a 'first' goal weight of 140, so your story hit home for me and is inspiring! Thanks for sharing!
  • hmrambling
    Options
    I'm 5'5"
    wearing a size 6 in pants now.

Macros are 40/30/30
    Eating just over 1400 calories.
  • ccrisp31
    ccrisp31 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Way to go! :D
  • hmrambling
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Update

[edited by MFP mods to remove the underwear pictures as they violate the community guidelines https://www.myfitnesspal.com/community-guidelines : 4. Keep it Classy (we mean your images)]

Still have a way to go... plugging away at it.
  • blueakama
    blueakama Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Looking good. Keep up the good work.
  • BeckyNaturoMommy
    BeckyNaturoMommy Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    You look AMAZING! Great job!
  • hmrambling
    Options
    Thanks ya'll :)
  • thyroidless74
    thyroidless74 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You're an inspiration! I, too, have had a thyroidectomy when I was 33. I bounced back from two pregnancies in my late-thirties, but I can't lose the weight gained from the TT. May I ask your thyroid hormone replacement dosage and calorie intake?

Great job! You look wonderful.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    hmrambling wrote: »
    Update

Still have a way to go... plugging away at it.

Looking good! You have a great little waist coming in, there! And I can see abs!

High_Five.jpg
  • hmrambling
    Options
    May I ask your thyroid hormone replacement dosage and calorie intake?

Great job! You look wonderful.

Thanks :) My calorie goal is 1466 per day. My macros are 40/30/30. I take 100mcg of synthroid. I lift weights and run... and walk my dog in the morning and evening. :)

I started with stronglifts 5x5 and tried C25K. I was up to running 6 mi and then I strained my quad. I was out of commission from running for over a month. During that time, I walked the dog and lifted some weights sometimes.

So, for me, lifting weights and walking while logging what I eat are enough. Running really helps me, and I feel better when I run. I weigh everything on a digital scale, and log all of my food.

I could not really see abs, but now that you say it. I guess I can. Thanks :)
  • thyroidless74
    thyroidless74 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Wow, I am even more impressed. That seems like a low-dose. Do you take any T3?

You look very fit. High five!
  • hmrambling
    Options
    Thanks :) I take calcitriol so that I can absorb calcium because I have hypoparathyroidism following the thyroidectomy. The only meds that I am currently prescribed that I take for my thyroid and hypoparathyroidism is synthroid and calcitriol.
  • Ladybug1250
    Ladybug1250 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Great work, you look fantastic!
  • hmrambling
    Options

I could have some potentially good news. Yesterday, my doctor reviewed my labs and found that even though I have decreased the calcium tablets I am taking, that my calcium levels continue to increase. My doctor said that I *may* be recovering from hypoparathyroidism. I will be going back to get labs in 3 months. If my calcium levels continue to increase, my parathyroid may be recovering. What does this mean to me? That I might be recovering from a condition that we thought would be permanent, and I might be able to stop taking calcitriol and 2 calcium pills each day. :)
  • cloieclo
    cloieclo Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Inspirational! Congratulations :)
  • hmrambling
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Photos taken today 12/27. 135 lbs
    10 lbs to go until goal weight. Emphasis has been on running in preparation for a 5K in January. I haven't been lifting a lot.

• MsGrumble
    Options
    Go, girl, go! You look fabulous.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Those 5 pounds between 140 and 135 make a huge difference. That's where I am right now. Right at 139 and wondering if it's worth it to drop, but seeing these pictures makes me believe it is definitely worth it.
  • MargueriteMuguet
    MargueriteMuguet Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Waw, great success here! Thanks for sharing your story and again waaaaaw! Your progress is really motivating!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!