Can't handle this anymore

Options
13»

Replies

• lb628
    lb628 Posts: 75
    Options
    Yea I probably drink around 12 cups of water on days I don't work out (usually just 1) and even more when I do!
  • lb628
    Options
    give it more than a week for a start, don't weigh yourself twice in one day, try every couple of days at the same time, best in the morning and calm down, stop worrying so much about the scale and focus on being healthy.

eventually your body will go through visible changes and the scale will probably go down too.

why are you in such a hurry? this is a lifestyle chance, if you stay on course it will work out fine.

if you go eat 100 oreo cookies in dispair because you havent seen the results you want after a week, then yeh, its not gonna work.

Thanks! I actually already made the lifestyle change last yr. went from eating cookies and fast food without taking one green food near my mouth to loving all vegetables and healthy foods! However I unfortunately start binging like every 4-5th day on a strict diet and way more when I go home where my family keeps food that made be acquire bad eating habits in the first place. I ask them to get healthy foods and then they just get annoyed...
  • lb628
    Options
    The steam fresh microwaveable packs are delicious. Highly recommend that if you're living off the microwave. I know it's better to actually "cook" cook, but my entire work week is me constantly being on the go if I want to get everything done. I don't have time to turn around because I forgot the ingredients to make a salad because the traffic on my road is hellacious. I have to eat a lot of quick, microwave dinners. I bring a bag of the steam fresh veggies to go with it. This saves my lifestyle. I have a filling, healthy dinner quicker and cheaper than the unhealthy alternative (drive-thru or delivery) I have relied upon in the past.

Can you give me a brand? Do they have to be frozen? I only have a fridge
  • Grace4DebraAnn
    Grace4DebraAnn Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Keep your chin up, we all have bad weeks every now and then. We just need to remember that we are worth it and we can not give up on #1. It is possible it is water weight, you should weight yourself at the same time. Your weight does flucuate throughout the day.

New week, new fight you got this and this soon will pass. Hang in there!
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    The Hodgetwins??? All they give is advice...that's all it is...now go out there and DO WHATEVER THE !%$@ YOU WANNA DO.
  • IcePrincesss
    Options
    Just be a bit kind to yourself and start again fresh. We all fall off the wagon sometimes. It wont be a long term gain and the others are right, weigh yourself at the same time each week and expect it to go up and down a bit. Working out will add muscle too so take your measurements as well. Try not obsess over it as you'll think about food more and gain weight. Just take it a bit easy. Good luck :-)
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    give it more than a week for a start, don't weigh yourself twice in one day, try every couple of days at the same time, best in the morning and calm down, stop worrying so much about the scale and focus on being healthy.

eventually your body will go through visible changes and the scale will probably go down too.

why are you in such a hurry? this is a lifestyle chance, if you stay on course it will work out fine.

if you go eat 100 oreo cookies in dispair because you havent seen the results you want after a week, then yeh, its not gonna work.

Thanks! I actually already made the lifestyle change last yr. went from eating cookies and fast food without taking one green food near my mouth to loving all vegetables and healthy foods! However I unfortunately start binging like every 4-5th day on a strict diet and way more when I go home where my family keeps food that made be acquire bad eating habits in the first place. I ask them to get healthy foods and then they just get annoyed...

maybe your diet is a bit strict. as long as you can control yourself, you can have a treat of some sort. dark chocolate is good, or whatever really if you can handle it.

for me the answer is my version of frozen berry/choc berry yogurt or choc ice cream. you should get a stick blender. seriously they are cheap and smoothies are awesome. for example

blend
    2 frozen bananas
    125-175ml yogurt
    35ml coconut cream
    1 heaped tsp of coco

= 500ml of healthy chocolate ice cream for 350 calories. you could eat it as 2 servings.

add 60gm berries to that and you have berry choc 600-700ml 400cals

remove the cocoa and you have frozen yogurt.

maybe add in a little satisfaction to your diet :)
  • AnnaMarieDinVa
    AnnaMarieDinVa Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    You don't eat all that bad. BUT...I would add some raw veggies (find a salad that you really enjoy), carrot sticks with ranch dip, etc. Two more things: 1) Make sure to drink at least 8 C water (64 fl. oz) each day, more if you perspire a lot, and watch the sodium. My doctor told me to lower my sodium or go on blood pressure meds, so I opted to lower the sodium (I am a former salt addict). I was shocked that after a few days a stopped craving salt. It was remarkably easy. And,, I don't retain as much water which makes me feel better and keeps my weigh-ins more consistent. As a side bonus, my migraines have all but disappeared. I would try the above, along with what you are currently doing, and see what happens after three weeks. Good luck!!!
  • lb628
    Options
    Just be a bit kind to yourself and start again fresh. We all fall off the wagon sometimes. It wont be a long term gain and the others are right, weigh yourself at the same time each week and expect it to go up and down a bit. Working out will add muscle too so take your measurements as well. Try not obsess over it as you'll think about food more and gain weight. Just take it a bit easy. Good luck :-)

Thanks for the encouragement! It's just that I feel as though I've fallen off the wagon for like the past 5 weeks...so frustrating!!!
  • bonelessskinless
    Options
    What sport do you play? If you're a big D1 athlete you can expect your weight to fluctuate much more than most of the people on this site due to your strenuous workouts and fluid intake. The metrics might not exactly apply to you. If you really need to lose the weight, look to your diet more than your workouts. As a D1 athlete your exercise is mandatory, but the coaches can't control what you eat at home. It sucks but you may just have to be a little hungrier throughout the next few days.
  • lb628
    Options
    What sport do you play? If you're a big D1 athlete you can expect your weight to fluctuate much more than most of the people on this site due to your strenuous workouts and fluid intake. The metrics might not exactly apply to you. If you really need to lose the weight, look to your diet more than your workouts. As a D1 athlete your exercise is mandatory, but the coaches can't control what you eat at home. It sucks but you may just have to be a little hungrier throughout the next few days.

Volleyball and I'm fine with that; I am just scared to go into starvation mode and make my body want to binge again just a few days later
  • bonelessskinless
    Options
    are the coaches saying you're too heavy? Or do you want to lose the weight for yourself?
  • lb628
    Options
    are the coaches saying you're too heavy? Or do you want to lose the weight for yourself?

For myself. My coach was concerned about my nutrition bc I may have been getting a little too thin last fall. But she also complimented me on my physique after I lost the weight (around 20 lbs). I've put back on a lot of the weight though and want to lose it back.
  • Robin_Bin
    Robin_Bin Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    ...I wish I could eat chicken breast every day but I don't have a way to cook it!
    You've already mentioned a microwave, so you have a way to cook a chicken breast. One easy way is to take a chicken breast (or thigh or a few pieces) put some salsa on them and cook in the microwave. (Time will depend on the strength of your microwave and the amount of food.) If you don't want to use salsa, try sliced oranges, lemons, limes or orange juice or tomato juice or sauce. Soy or worcester sauce are other options, but they have more salt. Another option is some dried oregano and a bit of water to keep it from getting too dry.
  • lb628
    Options
    ...I wish I could eat chicken breast every day but I don't have a way to cook it!
    You've already mentioned a microwave, so you have a way to cook a chicken breast. One easy way is to take a chicken breast (or thigh or a few pieces) put some salsa on them and cook in the microwave. (Time will depend on the strength of your microwave and the amount of food.) If you don't want to use salsa, try sliced oranges, lemons, limes or orange juice or tomato juice or sauce. Soy or worcester sauce are other options, but they have more salt. Another option is some dried oregano and a bit of water to keep it from getting too dry.

No freezer though. Should I just keep it in the fridge?
  • Robin_Bin
    Options
    Do you think you might be gaining muscle? Muscle weighs x4 times as much as fat. When you lift a lot, you gain muscle, so even if you're losing fat you may be gaining weight. That's not a bad thing...maybe shift to doing body fat & body measurements instead of concentrating on the scale.

Just to clarify, muscle doesn't weigh more than fat. A pound of feathers weighs the same as a lb of bricks :). Muscle is just more compact and thus you can carry more of it and look smaller still thus weighing more.
    And so it depends on whether you're talking about amount by volume or by weight. By volume, muscle does weight more. A cubic inch of muscle will weigh more than a cubic inch of fat. If you're going to be picky, you should be specific.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Robin_Bin/view/how-much-does-a-pound-weigh-295817

Between the sodium/water gain and the changes between body composition, it sounds to me like you're focussing too much on the scale number instead of other measures of fitness. A fit young woman can easily weigh 20 pounds more than one who is not fit and be the same size.
  • Robin_Bin
    Options

No freezer though. Should I just keep it in the fridge?
    Yes, chicken can be kept in the fridge. Generally it's a good idea to cook it within 2 days of purchase. Don't leave it out after cooking it -- either eat it or refrigerate it again. Because you're dealing with a mini-fridge, that probably doesn't regulate or keep the cold as well as a full-sized, I wouldn't keep it long after cooking, but 2-3 days should be safe. You can re-heat it when you're ready to eat it or eat it cold on salad.
  • lb628
    Options
    Do you think you might be gaining muscle? Muscle weighs x4 times as much as fat. When you lift a lot, you gain muscle, so even if you're losing fat you may be gaining weight. That's not a bad thing...maybe shift to doing body fat & body measurements instead of concentrating on the scale.

Just to clarify, muscle doesn't weigh more than fat. A pound of feathers weighs the same as a lb of bricks :). Muscle is just more compact and thus you can carry more of it and look smaller still thus weighing more.
    And so it depends on whether you're talking about amount by volume or by weight. By volume, muscle does weight more. A cubic inch of muscle will weigh more than a cubic inch of fat. If you're going to be picky, you should be specific.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Robin_Bin/view/how-much-does-a-pound-weigh-295817

I think I was specific. I just wanted to point it out because I know it is a common misconception that muscle weighs more than fat. Yes by volume it does but not my mass. Thanks for the added clarification!