Cravings.. its killing me

Options
So since i have started this i have kicked all craving of soda yay me! But now i want chocolate so bad its not even funny!! What can i do to get rid of the craving!

Replies

• diamondcricket
    diamondcricket Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    If I am craving chocolate, I eat it. Surely you can work a piece of chocolate into your daily plan?
  • cherryd69
    cherryd69 Posts: 340
    Options
    Low calorie drinking chocolate :)

Uk = Options

Outside of UK = i aint got a clue.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Try eating almonds, apparently that's supposed to help...or eating dark chocolate. David'sTea has chocolate tea, that's actually pretty good. Have the chocolate, AFTER you work out for the amount of calories the chocolate is. I'm still trying to find chocolate gum :tongue:
  • kayellexo
    kayellexo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    try peanut butter with chocolate butter (powdered PB). or a quest bar.
  • Lovemydounts
    Lovemydounts Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Dove dark chocolate candy is ok but u can't eat the whole candy bar .
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Eating some chocolate usually works for me. Not chocolate flavoured diet food, just chocolate.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    Eating some chocolate usually works for me. Not chocolate flavoured diet food, just chocolate.

That's what I do. Some organic dark chocolate.
  • sa11yjane
    sa11yjane Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Maybe have a low cal hot chocolate drink? Or go and brush your teeth with minty toothpaste as that sometimes gets rid of a craving. Or, if you are in the UK, go to bed as it's 10:26pm and you won't eat there!!! Just a thought- do you have chocolate in the house? If you have, maybe don't replace it once it has gone as it is much easier to give in to a craving if you have the food available x
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    So since i have started this i have kicked all craving of soda yay me! But now i want chocolate so bad its not even funny!! What can i do to get rid of the craving!

Chocolate cravers are typically magnesium deficient (about 85% of us are). But there are lower-calorie ways to get your magnesium (whether they are as yummy or not is a matter of taste) :wink: . Dark leafy greens--particularly spinach--are rich sources of magnesium. I try to include spinach in a variety of foods. I saute it with onions and pepper to put in my scrambled eggs. I always include it in soups and stews. I put it into salads and saute it with garlic and include it in my hummus. Nuts, beans and other legumes are a good source of magnesium as are most vegetables (the reason why a majority of us are magnesium deficient is that we don't eat our veggies. Grain would be a good source but much of the magnesium is bound in indigestible phytates. It is a particular problem for athletes and those under stress because our bodies shed magnesium at an increased rate, under those conditions.
  • bearsfan67
    bearsfan67 Posts: 57
    Options
    have some hersheys kisses around....not too many calories in a few and maybe that will help! Also jello pudding or yogurt may help as well.......
  • pittbullgirl
    pittbullgirl Posts: 341 Member
    Options

Honestly, The ONLY thing that helped me was looking up a chart to see if whatever I craved was actually a nutritionally dececiancy. It WAS! I drank Kale and fruit smoothies for two weeks straight and it GREATLY diminshed my cravings. I was afraid this was a mental thing with me so I stopped drinking them. Within less than a week , I had super strong cravings right back.
    So, back to Kale smoothies I go! :)
    Good luck!
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options

Chocolate cravers are typically magnesium deficient (about 85% of us are).

Chocolate cravings are...well...because chocolate is delicious. How about hot chocolate or a chocolate pudding cup? Or, slice up a banana and drizzle a tablespoon of chocolate syrup over it. Yum.
  • deety3
    deety3 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Chocolate protein shakes tend to do the trick for me.
  • SanteMulberry
    Options
    have some hersheys kisses around....not too many calories in a few and maybe that will help! Also jello pudding or yogurt may help as well.......

That wouldn't work for many people as they would just end up eating half the bag. Studies have confirmed what many have suspected---sugar consumption feeds cravings. Sugar is an "anti-nutrient" (meaning that it requires nutrients from the body to process it, and the only nutrient it contains is carbohydrate--no vitamins, no minerals, no phyto-nutrients. :frown:
  • jennismagic
    jennismagic Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I usually go for Dove Dark Chocolate Promises. They are really good, and stop the chocolate cravings in their tracks.
  • ImtheOnethatsCool
    ImtheOnethatsCool Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    If I really want it, I just get a small quantity of good quality chocolate. The good stuff is so much more satisfying than the cheap stuff - it makes it easier to eat in moderation.
  • jennismagic
    jennismagic Posts: 243 Member
    Options

That wouldn't work for many people as they would just end up eating half the bag. Studies have confirmed what many have suspected---sugar consumption feeds cravings. Sugar is an "anti-nutrient" (meaning that it requires nutrients from the body to process it, and the only nutrient it contains is carbohydrate--no vitamins, no minerals, no phyto-nutrients. :frown:

Perhaps it wouldn't work for *you*, but many people find it an effective way of managing their cravings.
  • dianamatienzo
    dianamatienzo Posts: 127
    Options
    Don't deprive yourself, otherwise you're more likely to binge. It's all about moderation :) So I think you can have a small piece, but keep it small, and really enjoy it. Just be sure to limit your consumption without depriving yourself
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options

That's what I do. Some organic dark chocolate.

Green and Blacks 85% dark... a little square of it is like a chocolate explosion in your mouth!
  • SanteMulberry
    Options

Honestly, The ONLY thing that helped me was looking up a chart to see if whatever I craved was actually a nutritionally dececiancy. It WAS! I drank Kale and fruit smoothies for two weeks straight and it GREATLY diminshed my cravings. I was afraid this was a mental thing with me so I stopped drinking them. Within less than a week , I had super strong cravings right back.
    So, back to Kale smoothies I go! :)
    Good luck!

Yep--kale is packed with nutrients too (not quite as much magnesium as spinach but many important nutrients). Cravings are pretty typically related to nutritional deficiencies. That's why pregnant women crave foods--it is Mother Nature's attempt to ensure that mama and baby are well-nourished. :smile: I wonder, do men crave specific foods? My experience with them is that they will crave calories but not specific foods. Interesting, no?