Cravings.. its killing me

Options

Replies

• Kingmayhem
    Kingmayhem Posts: 2
    Options
    I drink a 4oz glass of Chocolate almond milk.
  • Poofy_Goodness
    Poofy_Goodness Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    So since i have started this i have kicked all craving of soda yay me! But now i want chocolate so bad its not even funny!! What can i do to get rid of the craving!

Do whatever you did to kick the soda craving, which I am guessing was just discipline and time. If you really want chocolate, have a small piece of an extra dark chocolate, or make a small bar of whatever chocolate you like hit in your day. Don't go crazy with restriction or indulgence and you'll be fine.
  • Restlessme
    Restlessme Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I can't handle my cravings to be honest. I absolutely love jellybeans, BUT I can also finish the whole bag in one sitting, even if it's making me sick to my stomach.
  • Binkie1955
    Binkie1955 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    go with a whey based low carb chocolate shake or an Atkins bar. hang in there. good luck.
  • missmonika27
    Options
    I have been going over my calorie goals by quite a bit lately even with workout out
    I am having such a hard time now with portion control on my goodness! Even with only eating non junk foods all i want these past days are seconds!
    It is my recovery week of insanity atm too so the workouts aren't very crazy until next week ugh!
    Just want to be skinny :p and eat oreos xD
  • EllaIsNotEnchanted
    EllaIsNotEnchanted Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    chocolate protein shake.
    After a work-out.

:]
  • Refr_Quicksilver
    Options
    A dollop of Whip Cream with either a strawberry or some chocolate chips (dark) ...
    not too many carbs.. but makes me feel like i am getting the treat.
  • cupcakes_and_cardio
    cupcakes_and_cardio Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Is there anything with chocolate in it that you could have that's healthier? Me? I like the 100 cal packs of fudge dipped pretzels, so yummy
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    a_4_4_5_excellence_85_cacao_bag_zpse5dc33a3.png

I eat the 70% dark rather than 85%.
  • barb1241
    barb1241 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Hershey's dark chocolate candy bars are cheap-and the whole thing is like 190 cals. Eat 1/2 or 1/4 and see if that helps. Something about the darker chocolate seems to go further towards a fix than a larger volume of the milk chocolate does-at least for me.
  • SaraBrown12
    SaraBrown12 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I have chocolate rice crispie squares or cadburys chocolate brunch bars, both below 150 cals xx
  • greenfalls107
    greenfalls107 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    for me fudge is perfect. I have been having chocolate and salt cravings - (pmsing maybe?) So, for dinner I skipped the pasta everyone else in my family ate and had chicken breast grilled, tomato and cucumbers, and carrots with hummus. I saved some calories for fudge, I measure out 2 ounces and if I want more I have to get off my butt to get it. I know tonight I will have many many calories of fudge, but it is where I am tonight. :(
  • Ashleigh0124
    Options
    I either whip up some protein pancakes and sprinkle cocoa on top, whip up a cocoa - peanut butter-protein powder mug cake, or have some organic dark chocolate. Just work a sensible amount of chocolate into your cheat day. In the mean time every time chocolate pops into your head distract yourself with something else!
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    So since i have started this i have kicked all craving of soda yay me! But now i want chocolate so bad its not even funny!! What can i do to get rid of the craving!

Chocolate cravers are typically magnesium deficient (about 85% of us are). But there are lower-calorie ways to get your magnesium (whether they are as yummy or not is a matter of taste) :wink: . Dark leafy greens--particularly spinach--are rich sources of magnesium. I try to include spinach in a variety of foods. I saute it with onions and pepper to put in my scrambled eggs. I always include it in soups and stews. I put it into salads and saute it with garlic and include it in my hummus. Nuts, beans and other legumes are a good source of magnesium as are most vegetables (the reason why a majority of us are magnesium deficient is that we don't eat our veggies. Grain would be a good source but much of the magnesium is bound in indigestible phytates. It is a particular problem for athletes and those under stress because our bodies shed magnesium at an increased rate, under those conditions.

Ah, this is helpful information! I'm a bit of a chocolate devil, lol :laugh: nuts it is!
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Eat it, enjoy it, log it in. If need be hit the treadmill a half hour and work it off. Mrs. May's chocolate covered freeze-dried strawberry fruit rounds, my current favorite.
  • jfrankic
    jfrankic Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    But now i want chocolate so bad its not even funny!! What can i do to get rid of the craving!

Uhm.....eat the chocolate. Do you plan to live the REST OF YOUR LIFE without chocolate? Just eat the chocolate. Rarely a day goes by that I don't have chocolate of some kind. It's worked pretty well for me so far.

I also eat 1/2 large pizza once a week. And 2 glasses of wine on Saturday nights. Live your life. Eat. Enjoy. Make wise choices for the most part.

But seriously.....EAT THE CHOCOLATE!! :wink:
  • jfrankic
    jfrankic Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Eat it, enjoy it, log it in. If need be hit the treadmill a half hour and work it off. Mrs. May's chocolate covered freeze-dried strawberry fruit rounds, my current favorite.

NNNNNOOOOOO! Never punish yourself with exercise after making a bad food choice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just get up the next day and move on. You want to create lifestyle. Punishment via exercise or extreme calorie cutting after eating chocolate (or whatever your vice) sets you up for failure and/or OCD eating habits. You will not enjoy either. Trust me. I know.
  • Powerfocus
    Powerfocus Posts: 18
    Options
    If you eat nutrient based foods you can kick the craving feeling. I am doing dr. Oz low carb fruits veggies and extra lean meat=high fiber no fat high protein no sugar stevia and one snack of my choice less than 150 cal and no fried Since I started I have more energy feel full all the time very sensitive to sweet stuff even though stevia is sweeter than sugar an organic stevia has no aftertaste sold at food lion and whole food stores There are 100calorie brownies with fiber and weight watchers 2pt chocolate cakes or almond minis ice cream cakes are all things I like for less than 100calories.
  • MochaMixAZ
    MochaMixAZ Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Eating some chocolate usually works for me. Not chocolate flavoured diet food, just chocolate.

That's what I do. Some organic dark chocolate.

This! Although, I usually splurge and eat the milk chocolate. I know it's not as healthful, but it's what I enjoy the most. I just plan for it.

It looks like there is some debate about working off the calories with exercise or not. I've done it, I've not done it - both work fine for me. Today for example, I did crazy HIIT training and banked over 600 calories. That's going to be a Klondike bar tonight and I'm going to enjoy EVERY bite.
  • g33kmommy
    g33kmommy Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    First of all, if you want chocolate once in a while - eat it. Don't completely kill off everything that you love to eat.

I am a choc-o-holic, and trying to cut it out of my diet is almost like cutting one of my limbs off. :)

For me, I bought some of the Skinny Cow products. They are MUCH lower in calories / sugar than the other stuff and they taste amazing! I eat the fudge bars and the divine chocolates with caramel. I limit myself to 1-2 a week, but it kicks the craving and allows me to "treat" myself without breaking my calories for the day!

Also, try looking for peanut butter banana smoothie drinks. I have one that uses a tbsp of unsweetened cocoa powder and by the time I make it, it's a 140 calorie reeses cup shake with protein in it! :)