Start working at Mcdonalds, how to stop myself from overeating?

Options
13»

Replies

• Beautifulbridgittlee7
    Options
    Brush teeth, gum, eat before, watch all the nasty fat coming off, and the nauseating smell, yurgg
  • UmmSqueaky
    UmmSqueaky Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    I worked at McDonalds for several years in high school and college and still love it. Now I plan it into my week. I'm not going to eat it every day, but I'll have one day that I'll pencil it in and look forward to and savor when it finally arrives. Before you go to work, plan your daily food and do a pre-diary entry to see where you stand. If McDonalds food doesn't fit into your diary, then don't eat it.
  • Cathalain
    Cathalain Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I worked for Burger King long ago and far away, and I never had ANY trouble staying away from the food after doing a few manager shifts. I knew exactly how all of it arrived, how it had to be stored, how it was cooked; and I don't know about other locations, but the one I managed was downright awful. The freezers didn't work properly, the place was never up to code, it was on the health department's violation list quarter after quarter. I begged the franchise owner to do something about the place, but he was too cheap.

I wouldn't have let my dog eat there, and that's saying something.

Ever since, I've just shied away from most fast food in general because I have way too many memories of that awful Burger King (which has since FINALLY been shut down, long after I quit). Insider knowledge, after a while, will cure you of ever wanting any of the products you work with.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Take up endurance running
  • ikkinr20
    ikkinr20 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Definitely bring your own food. Try to eat a meal at home before your shift. You could keep healthy snack baggies in your car or even a tiny cooler for fruits and stuff.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,164 Member
    Options
    I would just decide on what I want, log it, and stay within my calories. Of course I am in Canada and from what I read on McDs in the US food regulations are much stricter here so YMMV on how to approach this. As long as their food is not the only thing you eat, in moderation it should not stall your weight loss at all, as long as you keep to your calories. That would mean avoiding fries, shakes, and most of the desert stuff since it is pretty calorie dense, but a burger and side salad shouldn't break the calorie bank. Here I will occasionally do a Big Mac and Side Garden Salad no dressing and that would only come to 580 calories. I even find it a satisfying meal that fills me up nicely.
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    I think that is one of the better of the fast food places. I love grilled chicken, salads, small burgers, bacon ranch salad, parfaits, egg mcmuffins. They have a lot of low calorie foods there.
  • Nona240
    Nona240 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody! Thanks again for all the great tips!
  • Nona240
    Nona240 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    magic267 wrote: »
    I might offer something slightly more specific than "Pack a lunch"... Although the best trick is will power, you need to have a trump card to pull out on a tough day. Ok, so you packed a lunch and ate it... You're still hungry, so now what? I recommend taking a protein bar, meal bar, or shake and putting it somewhere in case of emergencies. (If you have a locker, this would be a great spot)... I keep a survival kit of protein shakes and meal replacement shakes in my desk so if something is going wrong in my day, I don't have to give into temptation.

Great idea! I will buy some protein bars before I start working there!
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Dont eat it or go and find another job. There is no other way to stop overeating other than just not eating.