Starving....

2»

Replies

• crisb2
    crisb2 Posts: 329 Member
    shai74 wrote: »
    crisb2 wrote: »
    TDEE - 20% deficit = what you should be eating. It's a general guideline for healthy weight loss.

Yep because if he doesn't know what deficit means he's definitely going to know what TDEE means.

I don't understand why someone flagged this. I was sure thinking it. Reality in the form of sarcasm rocks.

I dunno, people are flag-happy lately, it's happened to me too. If OP wants to know what TDEE is, it's a google search away. Typing "deficit" and knowing what 999tiger was referring to would be harder. So, I clarified, no need to do all the work for him :)
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,603 Member
    edited October 2014
    You can eat piles of healthy food and come in way under calorie budget. If you're new to healthy eating (nothing to be ashamed of!), check this out: http://www.fitness.gov/eat-healthy/how-to-eat-healthy/ ...It's a good, basic primer and really gives you everything you need to know. Many people find it easier to work into a healthier diet as opposed to switching all at once.

Fiber is especially filling, but if you're not accustomed to a lot, work the amount up slowly over a couple weeks to avoid the bloating (uncomfortable) and farting (embarrassing.) Proteins and fats will keep you fuller for longer, too.

You should, of course, see a doctor when beginning a weight loss journey. He can make sure you don't have any physical issues, give you your target weight, daily calorie goal, find out what kinds of foods you should and shouldn't be eating and get your exercise restrictions (or get cleared to do it all!) and he can oversee your journey.

Seeing the doctor is the smart thing to do (which is why every expert will tell you to do it) and will also save you from tons of questions as well as worry when some fitness guru tells you that your doing it all wrong. When they say, "You aren't eating enough fat!" or "You're eating too much fat!", you can rest assured that what you're doing is okay.

Good luck!!! :smiley:
  • shai74
    shai74 Posts: 512 Member
    TDEE - 20% deficit = what you should be eating. It's a general guideline for healthy weight loss.

Yep because if he doesn't know what deficit means he's definitely going to know what TDEE means.

Lol flagged :)

Seriously, if you're explaining something to someone who clearly wants to learn, why just throw out abbreviations and pop terms without being clear what it means. I've been on a diet for 20 years and even I had to look up TDEE.
  • crisb2
    crisb2 Posts: 329 Member

Lol flagged :)

Seriously, if you're explaining something to someone who clearly wants to learn, why just throw out abbreviations and pop terms without being clear what it means. I've been on a diet for 20 years and even I had to look up TDEE.

They're standard abbreviations on MFP (aka My Fitness Pal) if you don't know what they mean, there's always Google, or just ask again.
  • hearthwood
    hearthwood Posts: 794 Member
    A tablespoon or two of Skippy all natural peanut butter with honey is the cure for me. It works and is considered the fit girls ice cream out of the pint.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    If you're that hungry, it sounds as though you could be cutting your calories too much.

You haven't included any data so that we can really address your question, so if you'd like more specific answers, please tell us your height and current weight and goal weight, and how much you work out, and what you have as your calorie goal, and how your macros are set (carb/protein/fat).

But to answer your question, go for something with a lot of bulk for the calories, like non-starchy veggies (salad greens, squash, carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, etc.). Add a small amount of healthy fat like olive oil or avocado, and a lean protein like chicken breast or seafood. The bulky veggies will help fill you up, and the fat and protein will help you stay feeling full.
  • trinatrina1984
    trinatrina1984 Posts: 1,018 Member
    OP I think we need a few more details, how much do you weigh? how tall are you? how many calories are you currently eating?

Agree that protein and veg is a good weigh to make calories go further but it maybe that you are restricting yourself too much and need to set a more realistic calorie target.