Stocky, Husky, Chubby, Fat

Options
I want to know, what do you guys and ladies prefer?

Gentlemen: Do you care about being the jacked guy or is being a little husky comfortable for you? As a man, I know it takes a lot of effort to get to the lean and cut stage. Also, it seems to only be sustainable if you truly want to do it for the sake of your health and lifestyle. A lot of guys want to impress women or do it as a milestone in life.

Ladies: I've read that women like to look at guys with muscles who are really cut but hate cuddling with them because of the rock hard feel. Please feel free to give us your input on your preference.

My Preference (for myself): Personally, I am getting real comfortable with my size now. My heaviest was 325 back in 2011. In the current day, I am 5'10, 230ish and my quality of life is great. No problems fitting on to amusement park rides, grabbing clothes from the regular racks at the store, or running or walking a suitable distance. I would like to lower my BF% to at least 19 or 20%. Leaving something for the ladies to grab on to is important and also being a little husky works for most living in this food-laden American lifestyle.

Replies

• girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    I prefer just normal, some muscle but definitely not "cut" John Cusack and Jim from the office are my type.
  • echoslug
    echoslug Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Alright, as a lady - I'm never going to complain about abs. Not that they are even close to a requirement but they are certainly a nice bonus and have never been a turn off to cuddling in my history. Crazy, ripped body builder though - like below 10% - not attractive.

I have zero objections to average, lean, or husky though I personally seem to have a thing for very tall, lanky guys. Many of my past boyfriends have definitely fit into the scrawny category. Then again my longest relationship was with a guy who shorter than me and built like a barrel so really beyond the first impression I'd say into's not hugely important.

That being said I don't find rolls of fat attractive. That to me is a huge turn off. Changes are if you're over 35% body fat I'm not going to be all that into you. I may enjoy your company, value your friendship but it's very unlikely that there will be physical attraction.

As for myself, I find I am most happy with my body when I'm around 20-23% body fat. Mostly cause I find that at that level of fitness I really enjoy at pretty much all my favorite activities without feeling limited. At various times in my life that has occurred when I've weighed anywhere from 150 - 135 lbs. While that is my 'ideal' range I am perfectly comfortable with my body up to about 30% BF - after that I start feeling too 'squishy'.
  • Patttience
    Patttience Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Husky is the sound of voice so i don't know what you mean.

I don't like flab on guys at all. I like slim athletic guys. I don't go for the bulky bodies that come out of the gym either. I wouldn't want a boyfriend who spent a lot of time at the gym. I consider it a fairly stupid pursuit.

If a guy is going to be fit, which is ideal, then i'd like it if he got that way by doing something interesting like rock climbing, kayaking, sailing, marathoning, bushwalking, tennis, yoga. You name it, pretty much anything but body building. I"m not into foot ball either but I would still consider it a better idea.

I think you should aim for what is considered the "ideal" body fat percentage for men. In women its 22%. I am not sure what it is for men. Of course its just an average and that might not suit everyone but chances are you'd look pretty good at what ever it is that's considered ideal.

Also do not rely on exercise to lose the weight you need to lose. Its probably not sustainable in the long term. When you stop the fanatical exercise, you tend not to be able to cut down on the food on consumption and keep eating at the same pace. I don't actually know why this is the case but it is. Its happened to me numerous times and i've heard it and observed it often enough as well. That's why exercise needs to be a lifestyle choice and not a strategy for weight loss. Improve your diet. Eat a lot of vegetables. Cut out the junk. Eat a wide variety of foods and look up your mental health.
  • logg1e
    logg1e Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I am not familiar with the term husky in this context. As a woman, and talking just about physical attractiveness and first impressions only, I am drawn to men with good eye-contact, ready smile, clean teeth, fresh breath, groomed hair, clean clothes. "Open body" good posture.
    I think really it's the eye-contact and smile though.
  • lilmisfit1987
    lilmisfit1987 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Weight is a very minor issue when it comes to my taste in men. When I first meet a man I notice his eyes, mouth, and jaw structure. The only time weight because an issue is if they are covered in rolls and it looks like their body is melting off of them. *shudders* Extremely bulky bodybuilders are equally unattractive to me...I don't want to cuddle with someone who has arms as thick as my waist.
  • teagirlmedium
    teagirlmedium Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I prefer a guy with muscle. I prefer a guy who runs, but not to wear they have a runners body. Just think of the fresh out of boot camp look. I like that look. I would like long hair on him too.
  • markrichtsspraytan
    markrichtsspraytan Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I don't like super skinny guys or very "fluffy guys". I prefer larger-framed guys with a good amount of muscle but not quite gymbro meathead looking. Something like Chris Pratt is Guardians of the Galaxy shape is pretty ideal, maybe slightly less muscular/a little more fat.

rs_293x473-130707135311-634.ChrisPratt.jl.070713_copy.jpg
  • kmorgan221
    kmorgan221 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Well, I remember kids wearing "husky" pants back in the day. I think as a size it's gone more out of style, but it has been used in the past as a physical description. Somewhat along the lines of "big boned."

That said, I'd be very happy with myself if I end up looking like Chris Pratt in the above picture.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    Chalk up another gal who goes for super-lean guys -- think soccer player type body. Although the guys that I've been involved with who were very thin weren't the least bit muscular or athletic, they were just scrawny underweight guys, lol. But that's my type.

Extra weight pretty much make a man physically unattractive to me, especially when it's concentrated in belly overhang (as it tends to be).
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Average for me please. I dislike the "cut" look, but muscular is fine as long as they're not showing all over the place. I like the look of Russel Crowe or Gerard Butler when they're a bit "out of shape". Thin is also fine as long as there aren't muscles protruding everywhere. From an aesthetic perspective, a bit overweight is just fine by me but dislike a lot of extra fat OR too much muscle on a man.

All that said, body type is pretty far down on the list of traits I look for in a man.. Responsible, kind, faithful, nice smile, has a job all far more important to me.
  • gallifreyfallsnomore1
    Options
    When I was a kid I hated the term Husky. My mom would have to look for Husky pants. Who the he** made that a word to describe pant size?
  • pscarolina
    pscarolina Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    jacked but not super cut - def no husky or beyond & don't really like thin or runner's body
    - qj8dxcnh7bfy.jpg
  • beanrider
    beanrider Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Average for me please. I dislike the "cut" look, but muscular is fine as long as they're not showing all over the place. I like the look of Russel Crowe or Gerard Butler when they're a bit "out of shape". Thin is also fine as long as there aren't muscles protruding everywhere. From an aesthetic perspective, a bit overweight is just fine by me but dislike a lot of extra fat OR too much muscle on a man.

All that said, body type is pretty far down on the list of traits I look for in a man.. Responsible, kind, faithful, nice smile, has a job all far more important to me.

+1
  • Canwehugnow
    Canwehugnow Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I like to look at the abs, but cuddle with the beer belly.
  • Canwehugnow
    Canwehugnow Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I don't like super skinny guys or very "fluffy guys". I prefer larger-framed guys with a good amount of muscle but not quite gymbro meathead looking. Something like Chris Pratt is Guardians of the Galaxy shape is pretty ideal, maybe slightly less muscular/a little more fat.

rs_293x473-130707135311-634.ChrisPratt.jl.070713_copy.jpg

YUMMMMMMY!!! Lolz.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    ACTIVE AS ****

athletic, medium to med-low bf%, naturally strong build with obvious effort all over it.

325734420-21075541.jpg
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    From a purely physical standpoint, I find anything in the 6-14% range attractive in a guy. As long as there is no obvious steroid use (aka the biggest class of pro bodybuilders), muscle is fine. I have zero desire to cuddle with a guy's fat.I don't dig the teddy bear or beer gut look at all.
  • logg1e
    logg1e Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    What is this "husky"?
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    76637088.png
  • pinklark
    pinklark Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    76637088.png