Stocky, Husky, Chubby, Fat

Options

Replies

• sdwis
    sdwis Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm female 5'10 140 lbs. I seem to be attracting more overweight guys since I've lost weight in the past year.

I don't care about muscles, but I am generally attracted to guys that are at least 6ft. tall, and in the 200-250 range. As long as he doesn't have a big beer gut, he doesn't have to have a six pack or be cut. A normal body, or even small love handles is not a problem for me.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of different body types I appreciate admiring. That being said, the man I prefer treats me wonderfully, makes me laugh, tells me he thinks I'm beautiful, loves me even when I don't look my best, and still wants to be with me when I'm cranky or we've just a fight.

See? You have no idea what he looks like. I've been with him for nearly 27 years. To me, he's the best looking guy in the world.

I love looking at many different types of men, but as far as who I want to be with, imperfect is fine, as long as he's the perfect man.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I pretty much love every soccer player's body.
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    this is an interesting thread, I wish there was a poll feature, it seems like most women prefer average or a little pudge.... I wonder what most guys prefer?

Which, from a purely anecdotal perspective, I find very out of line with my real world experience.

I get much more attention, and from much more conventionally attractive women, the smaller/leaner I get; that's always been the case. Everytime I read a thread like this it seems most women make the claim that looks don't matter all that much to them, or that they actually prefer a man with some extra padding, or is just average, yet that seldom bears out in real life from my observation. And considering I'm in the entertainment industry, and thus know a lot pretty attractive people, it's very easy to see that men who have the standards good looks, built body, definitely aren't encountering the attitude pervasive in this, and similar threads, where so many of the women say they don't prefer ripped/cut/muscular/greek god type of men, or are fine with chubbier dudes with a great personality.

None of my average/chubby/husky/fat friends, with GREAT personalities, do anywhere as well with the ladies as my lean/cut/ripped friends do...often without having to even say much. I'm not saying women here are lying, just noting an honest discrepancy between like threads and my real world experience.
  • pscarolina
    pscarolina Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    this is an interesting thread, I wish there was a poll feature, it seems like most women prefer average or a little pudge.... I wonder what most guys prefer?

Which, from a purely anecdotal perspective, I find very out of line with my real world experience.

I get much more attention, and from much more conventionally attractive women, the smaller/leaner I get; that's always been the case. Everytime I read a thread like this it seems most women make the claim that looks don't matter all that much to them, or that they actually prefer a man with some extra padding, or is just average, yet that seldom bears out in real life from my observation. And considering I'm in the entertainment industry, and thus know a lot pretty attractive people, it's very easy to see that men who have the standards good looks, built body, definitely aren't encountering the attitude pervasive in this, and similar threads, where so many of the women say they don't prefer ripped/cut/muscular/greek god type of men, or are fine with chubbier dudes with a great personality.

None of my average/chubby/husky/fat friends, with GREAT personalities, do anywhere as well with the ladies as my lean/cut/ripped friends do...often without having to even say much. I'm not saying women here are lying, just noting an honest discrepancy between like threads and my real world experience.

But since you're in the entertainment industry maybe the women you're encountering are more shallow or focused on looks than the real women on MFP? There's no prize for not being truthful here & we're not sparing anyone's feelings by saying a little fat is ok.

I love jacked muscular guys, but they have to have that special charisma & treat me right. What's inside matters too!
  • JazzFischer1989
    JazzFischer1989 Posts: 531 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    My preferences are all over the place. I'm definitely attracted to lean, cut men, but I'm also into long, lanky types and those who are just big and bulky - which fits the description of my boyfriend, who's 6'4 and ~310 lbs. He has some weight to lose but I'm very much attracted to him nonetheless. I like the football player look, don't mind a bit of extra fat. I like being the little dainty one, lol.
  • alealeak
    Options
    As a man who was very "husky" as a teenager, I can tell you that girls my age didn't really find my body attractive. It wasn't until I started cutting fat and gaining muscle that I started getting attention from women. I think anywhere between 16-18% BF would be ideal for me. Anything less and I would have trouble maintaining, and I don't feel like it would be worth it. Anything more and I start to look "husky."
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,455 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    The only look I'm not really attracted to are the extremes. Extremely skinny, or extremely overweight. My boyfriend is a little overweight, and I'm still attracted to him. I like super muscular guys, semi-muscular, average build, a few extra pounds. There is more to what makes a man attractive than his body, so throughout the years I've found that I'm all over the place when asked this question.
    lfred12 wrote: »

Oh and hairy guys? Totally hot. Like beard, hair on chest, stomach, legs, arms... I'm a fan. and weird.

Same. Shaved/waxed isn't my first choice.

My husband is neither shaved nor waxed, but has ZERO chest or back hair, while having a normal amount on his forearms, legs, head, and other appropriate places. He also cannot grow facial hair worth a damn, in fact as a 36yo man, he shaves M-W-F and what does grow in is patchy (as in, he literally could not grow a beard).

So not all unhairy guys are that way because they shave/wax.
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I personally think bulging muscles are gross, but I'm not fond of the 'husky' look either.

I like skinny guys with a bit of natural strength. I respect the work people put into getting 'ripped', but 6packs and the like are really not for me.
  • bunbunzee44
    bunbunzee44 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I like to look at muscly bodies, don't care about too cut..
    I love wide shoulders, big arms and a nice round butt! x3 Don't care if there's a bit of tummy, as long as it's not 'flabby' (if that's the correct word). But skinny guys can be attractive too, as well as softer ones. It's the personality that makes people more or less attractive anyways.
  • HANGRYFEEDME
    Options
    ^^ I see you love personalities. LOL
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    pscarolina wrote: »
    But since you're in the entertainment industry maybe the women you're encountering are more shallow or focused on looks than the real women on MFP?

I work in the entertainment business, I don't live in it. My life is full of just about every type of person imaginable, as I love as many varied people in my life as possible. And I'm allergic to shallow, vain people, and nobody close in my circle would qualify as such.

So, nope.

I find it odd that mentioning the commonly accepted notion that fit, conventionally attractive people tend to get more attention would render a "well maybe the people you know are just shallow" response. It's not like I stated some rare, unusual observation.

By the way, what constitutes a "real" woman?
    There's no prize for not being truthful here & we're not sparing anyone's feelings by saying a little fat is ok.

I specifically stated that I didn't believe the women here were lying, to avoid anyone jumping to the above conclusion.

• cliffodom1
    cliffodom1 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I think I have a good look. I ran track (800 meters) in college so I don't have the genetics to be a big muscle type guy. I am more of a Jerry Rice instead of a Ray Rice type of body. Because of that I don't get "fat". When I gain weight I gain a gut. That is why I work out. My body bones, skin, muscle, blood etc is 190 pounds. Fat gets added when I take in excess calories and they all go to my belly. If I weigh 192 it will be 2 pounds of gut. I will have lean legs and arms and look like a snake that swallowed a pig. So if you women need a husky guy I will never be that I will always be lean, just hopefully without that dreaded gut.

The good news is that girls don't care what you look like. As long as you are not gross women want somebody that can make them laugh. So if you are trying to attract women work on your personality not your six pack. I am not working out to attract girls. If you are a little big there are clothes that hide all that until it is too late (if you know what I mean) I just want to look good naked.
  • mnricha927
    mnricha927 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    I pretty much love every soccer player's body.

Same here :smiley:
  • kareneastwood865
    kareneastwood865 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I've always been drawn to the bigger, linebacker type but it is all about chemistry!
  • pscarolina
    pscarolina Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    But since you're in the entertainment industry maybe the women you're encountering are more shallow or focused on looks than the real women on MFP?

I work in the entertainment business, I don't live in it. My life is full of just about every type of person imaginable, as I love as many varied people in my life as possible. And I'm allergic to shallow, vain people, and nobody close in my circle would qualify as such.

So, nope.

I find it odd that mentioning the commonly accepted notion that fit, conventionally attractive people tend to get more attention would render a "well maybe the people you know are just shallow" response. It's not like I stated some rare, unusual observation.

By the way, what constitutes a "real" woman?
    There's no prize for not being truthful here & we're not sparing anyone's feelings by saying a little fat is ok.

I specifically stated that I didn't believe the women here were lying, to avoid anyone jumping to the above conclusion.

You statements were contradicting what the majority of the women on here were saying so I was just throwing out the idea that maybe the people you are around are more focused on physical perfection/beauty since they are in entertainment. It's not a secret that appearances matter a lot more in entertainment than they do in, let's say, practically anything else.

I think MFP has a nice cross-section of people from all over the world of all fitness levels & all sizes, so I'd say they're "real" representation of what "real" women are looking for in a man.

Was not trying to ruffle your feathers.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    My husband has a LOT of muscle because he works for it - he teaches tai chi and has rock hard legs and he lifts 40-70 pound bags and hauls hoses working at a greenhouse so he has amazingly strong arms. And yeah, great butt. I love that.

He also has a nice cosy torso because he doesn't hit the gym after all that. Best of all worlds :). And he's in his late 50's.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    nvm
  • sdwis
    sdwis Posts: 4 Member
    Options

It really depends on what age-range you are in as well. Most people in their teens to early 30's are more superficial, but as we all age and things start dropping and expanding, these things become less important and don't matter at all. Anyone looking to duplicate the selection criteria and relationship habits of the entertainment business is destined for failure.

If all it took to succeed is beauty/looks, and a body. they would ALL stay together FOREVER!!!!