What are everyones motivations for losing weight

Options
124»

Replies

• Lauralaura83
    Options
    Hi everyone

I am losing weight because I am one of my best friends' bridsmaids in the summer. She's a UK size 10 ish and so are the other two girls (also close friends) who I am bridesmaiding with. I REFUSE to be the fat bridesmaid! I will be a size 10/12 and wear and the SAME SIZE dress as the other two (without busting the seams...). I'm a 16 now (whisper: though my work skirt is an 18 - arghh)

So basically, because of vanity!
  • sydneydeb
    sydneydeb Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Greetings from Sydney Australia,

My reasons for losing weight are pure vanity, I want a boyfriend, it's been 8 years since I last had one and I really miss the physicality of having a partner, not just the sex (although I sure miss that) but holding hands and cuddling.

I also want to be able to by sexy clothes, wear a swimsuit which I have not done in close to 25 years, shop anywhere I damn well please and not only in the big girl shops which, let’s face it can be full of grandma clothes sometimes.

I want to go on a date and be flirted with and be able to by sexy lingerie without struggling to get corsets to do up or stockings large enough for my thighs.
  • whitewolf1200
    whitewolf1200 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    To be healthy and confident. Slash I'm having a competition with my brother right now. We're trying to see who is going to get a compliment first from our grandparents during Thanksgiving.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    super fit sex
  • Simply put, I want to look on the outside how I feel on the inside.
  • StrawberryLattes
    Options
    •getting back to my normal size
    •wearing my favorite jeans
    •so all my clothes fit comfortably
    •confidence and just looking better
    •not feeling judged for my weight .
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    At 47 years old, I would like, just once more in my life, to have some dude look me up and down and think to himself, "My God but I'd like to bag her."

I kind of wish I had a loftier goal as so many seem to have. But I can't, so...I'm just going to have to own it.
  • HereLieWe
    HereLieWe Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I want to fit into smaller pants and have sexy muscles.
  • WantBestME
    WantBestME Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    My motivation is the criticisms i happen to hear on my back when i gained weight. People who were really concerned about my weight, told to me politely on my face. But those who mocked me behind my back fueled my motivation fire!! :smiley:

My mother and hubby for their constant compliments are other reasons for my weight loss!!
  • llUndecidedll
    llUndecidedll Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Well, I want to join the military, so this is my movitation. This may or may not happen, but for now this is the main goal that motivates me.
  • KandGRanch
    KandGRanch Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Good Morning (im in the uk)

I want to know everyones motivations for losing weight and how they stay on the wagon?

I am a good 7 stone overweight and am conscious that I need to do something about it as some days I feel really down and I struggle to buy clothes in normal stores.

Its not that I dont want to do it but I struggle with motivation and the confidence in myself to do stick to things.

Any advice appreciated

Thanks in Advance

My reason is simple: It's getting cold, I'm cheap, and none of my jeans fit. I am not buying new pants, so the ones I have need to button.