Hubby wants to gain weight...any ideas how to help?

Options
13»

Replies

• PwrLftr82
    PwrLftr82 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    PwrLftr82 wrote: »
    MrM27 wrote: »
    JoRocka wrote: »
    YES_ my time this year on this earth was not wasted!!!!!

I AM A HUGE SUCCESS!!! mamma's going to be so proud.

:p

no but really- it's true. LOL I should save it for later.
    Yeah, unfortunately you dropped it in the weight gain section where many won't see it.

If you do it again somewhere see I won't tell. Shhhhh

Yeah, I call do-over. Your brilliance is wasted if you only leave it here!

except this is one of the few places it actually matters- b/c most people actually listen to WTF is being said.

but yes- we shall keep these in our back pockets for later use in other more widely browsed sections. dropping knowledge on this mofo's everywhere *snicker*

This site makes me sad...it's why I keep leaving, but getting drawn back into the forums. They're like a train-wreck.
  • Elsie_Brownraisin
    Elsie_Brownraisin Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Ah, but friends of those who frequent this section remark how baffled they are and it draws in those who really, really don't need to gain weight.

As ever, I have nothing of any use or consequence to add. My husband needs to gain weight or at least, eat enough to maintain with all his freaky running, which he struggles to do sometimes. Other than reminding him to eat more calorific snacks other than fruit, crab sticks and biscuits, there's not much I can or would do. We are all very busy, but he's a grown man who makes his own decisions about what he puts in his gob.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

Perhaps you should let him take responsibility for his weight gain.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    beer
  • pgg001
    pgg001 Posts: 12
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Some more info would be helpful. His height, weight and approx body fat would be good. Hard to say if 2500 cals is high or average for him

Secondly, does he want to gain muscle, or just "weight".

The rest of this is advice for someone just wanting to add 'weight'. Muscle would be generally the same, but requires weights/resistance training (I won't cover that, since it doesn't sound like that's what he wants)

Seems that he would like to be 'heavier' (general weight) and seems like this is a general 'like/want' as opposed to a "need/must". For someone without a 'burning desire' to gain weightt, you need to make it really easy for him.

If he was been eating the same pattern of 2500 cals for a long time, I would suggest shunting his cals up by 500 per day. The easiest way is just to get him to drink those calories. An extra Complan (http://www.complan.com/) or similar drink with milk, twice a day will get him those 500 cals (add flaxseed oil/udo's oil if he will take it).

You need to keep it simple for him. 250 extra calories at breakfast via a shake. 250 Calories in the evening. Give that a month. If there is no discernable difference after one month, add another 250 calories at lunch via a packaged complan/nutrition shake.

After a month, if that has made no difference, and he still has a disire to gain 'weight' then consult a doctor/nutritionist (taking along his two month food diary).