malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    OdesAngel wrote: »
    Where Steve at?

Probably still busy complaining about carbs
  • ithrowconfetti
    ithrowconfetti Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I'm skeptical of most diets/food programs, because I find them to be unsustainable. You'll want to do something that you can practise for the rest of your life. I do intermittent fasting, and eat 2 nutrient-dense, satisfying meals a day, within a 4-hour feeding window. So I technically fast for 20 hours or more each day. I find this works best for me. Early meals make me ravenous to no end. Like most people have said, do work out what's best for you. At the end of the day, calories in vs. calories out is what matters. None of that starvation mode or metabolism slowing down tosh.
  • 365andstillalive
    365andstillalive Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Breakfast literally means to break a fast; which is essentially what you're doing while sleeping.

So your "breakfast" can be at 7am or 2pm; do what works for you. Meal timing, in actual medical journals and not bro-science, has been proven to have no effect on actual weight loss. There's pluses to different plans; fewer meals mean bigger meals, smaller meals mean that you often won't go long periods of time feeling hunger, for example.

Basically, find what works for you and make sure you have a caloric deficit and you will lose weight. You don't need to pay for or make a permanent meal plan, just be mindful and log what you eat.
  • liftingandlipstick
    liftingandlipstick Posts: 1,857 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    But seriously, OP, it all comes down to personal preference. Do you feel better eating 6 small meals per day? Or three larger meals? Are you hungry right away when you wake up? Then eat. Do you not get hungry until later? Wait.

Think about it in terms of cookies (just go with it). You get 6 magical cookies every day that fulfill all of your dietary/calorie/macro needs. You can eat one cookie every 2-3 hours. If you're a grazer, this might be your best option. Or you can eat two cookies every 4-6 hours. If you prefer a full feeling, go with this option. Or if you really want, you can eat all 6 cookies at once. Your body will process food exactly the same no matter how much of it you eat how often, provided you stay within your caloric goals- INCLUDING not habitually going waay under. But that's another thread hijack . . .
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    OdesAngel wrote: »
    Where Steve at?

Anxiously awaiting his Google image avi.

mMMMMMmmm hubba hubba
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Anecdotal evidence is not science. Eat when you want. I have never read a study that proved that meal timing affected weight loss. It is true that people with specific medical needs need to time their meals, especially diabetics, but that has nothing to do with weight loss.
  • FunkyTobias
    FunkyTobias Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options
    Eagerly awaiting the arrival of our favorite sock-puppet
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,082 Member
    Options
    My personal experience: I always eat a light breakfast, especially when I am going to work. Otherwise I get too sluggish and hungry too soon before my lunch break.

However this isn't something thing I changed when I decided to lose weight - I ate breakfast like this when I was overweight and same when I was losing weight and same now I am maintaining.

Of course, my total calories for the day did change ;)