I've done everything right but gained weight?

Options
2»

Replies

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    shaun603 wrote: »
    Do you tend to "eat back" your calories after your workouts? The calorie counts on myfitnesspal are WAYYYY off from reality for most exercises that are logged. This means trouble when you try to match your limit, since mfp adds this into your allowance. The best advice I've got was to track the exercise here to keep tabs on your goals and progress, but never eat the calories back. This will help you lose weight faster and will also give you more wiggle room if your calorie count is a little off.

Best,
    Leah

I'm sorry but this is incorrect information. If my target intake for the day is 2000 calories to lose say 1.5lbs a week. I need to hit that target daily. If I workout and burn 500 calories and don't eat it back then I have starved my body for the my daily requirement and have possibly sabataged my weight loss goals. YOU NEED TO EAT BACK YOUR BURNED CALORIES!
    No, not necessarily. You are not starving your body with the example you gave. If someone is using the TDEE method you don't need to eat them back.

Just pointing out that if you are following the TDEE method you are eating your exercise calories back. They are just estimated in advance instead.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    MrM27 wrote: »
    shaun603 wrote: »
    Do you tend to "eat back" your calories after your workouts? The calorie counts on myfitnesspal are WAYYYY off from reality for most exercises that are logged. This means trouble when you try to match your limit, since mfp adds this into your allowance. The best advice I've got was to track the exercise here to keep tabs on your goals and progress, but never eat the calories back. This will help you lose weight faster and will also give you more wiggle room if your calorie count is a little off.

Best,
    Leah

I'm sorry but this is incorrect information. If my target intake for the day is 2000 calories to lose say 1.5lbs a week. I need to hit that target daily. If I workout and burn 500 calories and don't eat it back then I have starved my body for the my daily requirement and have possibly sabataged my weight loss goals. YOU NEED TO EAT BACK YOUR BURNED CALORIES!
    No, not necessarily. You are not starving your body with the example you gave. If someone is using the TDEE method you don't need to eat them back.

Just pointing out that if you are following the TDEE method you are eating your exercise calories back. They are just estimated in advance instead.

Not really because if those of us on TDEE method don't exercise we still eat the same number of calories...ie me yesterday...I didn't workout and ate my normal 2k

And TDEE is not (when using your own data) not an estimate, they are actuals.