Favorite Snacks You Have Abandoned haha

Options
Once I started counting calories, the days of me grabbing a Frosted Brown Sugar Pop Tart were over. I used to grab a package (2 pastries) and snack on that. Then I saw this:

Calories 420
Calories from Fat 126
Total Fat 14g

It was nice knowing ya Frosted Brown Sugar Pop Tarts lol I didn't like em THAT much. :D

Replies

• BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    I've abandoned nothing. I've just cut portions or don't partake as often as I used to.

Pumpkin pie poptarts are out. I've had one for breakfast a few days a week. Also, as a snack.

Calorie counting just made me more aware of nutrient density and making the calories I have "count" so to speak.
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I'm all about moderation. So, I still snack on my favorite snacks, just not daily, and usually not as large a portion as before.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Cheezies. Like you said, not worth it.
  • hhumphries578
    hhumphries578 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I had to take away peanut butter and nutella, because it's easy for me to eat wayyyy too much of it, and I'd rather just not buy it and avoid the risk.
  • MattNorrisUL
    MattNorrisUL Posts: 100 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Well I'll never give up peanut butter cookies. I'm just saying Pop Tarts aren't exactly super high quality. They were more convenient so I didn't crave em daily. But I certainly won't "waste" calories on em. haha
  • gamesandgains
    gamesandgains Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    To be honest, alcohol. That and pretty much anything with full on fat. I really love chips but eat them in moderation now and only buy the fat free kind.
  • brittanyleigh1220
    brittanyleigh1220 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I agree about poptarts. I love them but I never eat them anymore because it's just too many calories for both of them, and I could never just eat one.
  • MattNorrisUL
    Options
    I cut out chips almost completely. I never loved em but man that old adage "you can't eat just one" means I just avoid em. Alcohol is also something I cut back a lot on. Social get togethers I'll drink. When I get home after a long day for the past year, I don't drink a beer. I run :D
  • feralkitten1010
    feralkitten1010 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Pita chips. I don't know how not to binge on those. Better safe than sorry.
  • michaelachallis
    michaelachallis Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Like another poster i have had to say goodbye to peanut butter - i just can't eat it in moderation.
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    I stopped drinking the mixed drinks like white Russians and margaritas. Now I drink shots or mix Jim Beam and diet cherry dr pepper <3
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    I have abandoned nothing...I still eat cookies, ice cream, etc....eat what you like, just less of it...
  • sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    Hot-out-of-the-oven chocolate chip cookies with vanilla bean ice cream. I could fit it into my calorie allotment, but I tend to want more. And more. And more. So I don't go there.
  • LeonCX
    LeonCX Posts: 862 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I am doing better now that I gave up using mayonnaise. (as a beverage)
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    If I cut things out that I genuinely enjoy (like peanut butter) I find I am tempted to binge on it.

I am in maintainance now, but I eat peanut butter several times a week. Drink wine too.

I choose to eat skim milk dairy, because I'd rather spend my fat allowance on things I enjoy more, like peanut butter.
  • MattNorrisUL
    Options
    I don't think there's anything I die to have. I just find some things have a poor "ROI" to borrow a financial term. I just move on to something I like more.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    Not cut out completely, but cut down on high calorie beverages like pumpkin spice lattes, too much wine, etc. I would rather eat my calories than drink them
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    Hot Cheetos with lemon... only because the only right way of eating them is eating the whole big bag in one sitting with a lot of Coke. And that'll just make me go over my calories. There's no such thing as moderation with Hot Cheetos. :mrgreen:EVER!
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    spend your calories on food you actually like. thats what I do.