Weight Loss TATTOOS? Celebrate goal / permanent "reminder"?

I have been wondering:
How many people here on MFP have used a tattoo as your "reward" upon reaching goal weight? Was there something about the placement/nature of tattoo that made you feel it would only work when you were at goal? (ie: one might get an ankle tattoo at ANY weight, but might prefer to be at goal weight for a stomach tattoo, for example).

Also:
Has anyone gotten a goal weight tattoo that was a "reminder"...like, a small design on your hand that you would always see, and it could therefore be your little reminder to reach for the healthy stuff, etc?
Any tattoos with images directly related to weight loss (a tape measure, your starting/goal numbers, a date, a saying, an image of fruit or food, etc etc).

I have tattoos, so this interests me. And I am noodling around with some ideas for a goal weight tattoo for myself :)

Share your story, and pics if u like!

Replies

• Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    I've been thinking of getting something that relates to my weight loss, but I'm not sure what it would be! Maybe a quote but I think I'd like to have the number of pounds I lost incorporated too. I'd love to hear other ideas.
  • Jaywalker_7
    Jaywalker_7 Posts: 68 Member
    I suppose I already have a quarter sleeve, it's on the back of my shoulder blade, covers the top of my arm to about the middle of my upper arm and peeks to the front almost touching my collar bone. I want to add to fill most of my upper arm to be a half sleeve, but my bat wing arms are getting pretty intense. I'm so sad! I'm still lookin good and I'll still probably get the tattoo, it'll just be a little floppy :-p I've also thought about something to be symbolic of my weight loss journey but haven't thought too much about what it would be. Still have some time at the rate I'm going lol.
  • EMTFreakGirl
    EMTFreakGirl Posts: 597 Member
    Already have 6, with a 7th in "final art." I do plan to get a couple more, with a goal tatt too. I am thinking I want something Alice in Wonderland themed to remind me to NEVER leave Onderland again.
  • pissymissy323
    pissymissy323 Posts: 22 Member
    I have, I put money away for every 10 lbs I lost and got a beautiful tat, unfortunately I have gained my weight back but this is my reward again when I get back down, feel free to add me
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,406 Member
    Already have 6, with a 7th in "final art." I do plan to get a couple more, with a goal tatt too. I am thinking I want something Alice in Wonderland themed to remind me to NEVER leave Onderland again.

THAT is a brilliant idea!! Love it.

• TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    edited October 2014
    Although i did not think of getting one initially, over the last few months i have thought more about it when i reach Onderland. Not sure on the overall design but the text will be one of my inspirational quotes with my starting and goal weight in roman numerals.
  • erialcelyob
    erialcelyob Posts: 341 Member
    I've already got one on my back but I fill my piggy bank with £1 each day if I'm good towards my goals and when I reach them that money will go towards adding more to my tattoo :)
  • EMTFreakGirl
    EMTFreakGirl Posts: 597 Member
    Lois_1989 wrote: »

THAT is a brilliant idea!! Love it.

:)

• wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    I will be getting one. I will be 40 in a few months and I plan on being where I need to be by that time. I will probably be getting my half sleeve then. I have a couple of ideas, just haven't nailed it down yet.

6f63fc601c4c58b7119196f95becd4d8.jpg

d45a547ef6aa083442f496131cc55c5e.jpg
  • KaitJennifer
    KaitJennifer Posts: 19 Member
    Here are some that I love!! I would personalize them such as changing the font and placement. 4knwbr2hb9ic.jpg
    2odaa16d4t03.jpg
    w4das6zaupug.jpg
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    I'm getting a tattoo, my first, once I feel I've reached a weight I'm happy at.

It's nothing weight loss related, just something I've wanted for a good while.

rbimid0n0tyk.jpg

I've made a lot of positive changes in my life over the past year - I quit smoking, I started losing weight, and I started treating my depression/anxiety with both medications and therapy and I started a non-profit organization for women. I had a really traumatic past and I'm finally working through it and finding my strength. I'm finally making myself a priority. So, I'll also (eventually) be getting this tattoo, too.

6f83f29d353cbe2a2e23f187458da17f.jpg
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    When I lost 25 pounds I went and got a tattoo that I had my eye on for awhile.

10487563_540322288811_7155857008884149729_n.jpg?oh=6980a47016d575ecfd5f1b03032e4499&oe=54F3B84C&__gda__=1425504561_a022ef4f5bf725e132bba021b491081f

Since I've gotten the tattoo I've lost 5 more pounds and lost quite a few inches esp in the arms
  • jessiruthica
    jessiruthica Posts: 412 Member
    Totally planning for this, although not waiting until goal. I want to get the Maori symbol called a Koru which means new life, growth, strength and peace. Still deciding on placement.
  • KaitJennifer
    KaitJennifer Posts: 19 Member

rbimid0n0tyk.jpg

I've made a lot of positive changes in my life over the past year - I quit smoking, I started losing weight, and I started treating my depression/anxiety with both medications and therapy and I started a non-profit organization for women. I had a really traumatic past and I'm finally working through it and finding my strength. I'm finally making myself a priority. So, I'll also (eventually) be getting this tattoo, too.

I love the "she believed she could so she did" tattoo. I will definitely be getting that one as well!
  • kangaroux92
    kangaroux92 Posts: 188 Member
    i definitely wan to get another tattoo once i get too my goal weight

ive been wanting this back piece done for a wile and a couple other but i dont want to get any in these particular areas because i dont want to have to lift my shirt in front of anyone

i have 3/4 now. my feet my thigh and shoulder.

i like ones that can be hidden because people look at me and would never think i would have any, its like my little secret :)
  • livelaughlovecrazy
    livelaughlovecrazy Posts: 101 Member
    I had been wanting to get this quote tattoo for a while but I wasn't comfortable (or sure it was possible? lol) for such a 'bigger girl' to get a tattoo on my side. After loosing 50lbs (surpassing my goal weight) I decided to reward myself with the tattoo I had been longing for. ;)

It's song lyrics that struck something in me holding great meaning to this day (obviously lol) I know song interpretations can be very different from the actual meaning, but I chose to associate it with the meaning it had for me as it fit perfectly. I see it as a positive thing, exclaiming strength, purpose, and resilience.

"Fear not at all, my focus shall not fail. I shall not fall, nor shall I despair."

ipt9sok49rvr.jpg
  • hoyalawya2003
    hoyalawya2003 Posts: 631 Member
    Ok, I know this is wrong, but the always one just makes me think of the maxipads. I'm getting my first and probably only tattoo at 40 next year, but hadn't really considered making it weight loss related.
  • TheVirgoddess
    Ok, I know this is wrong, but the always one just makes me think of the maxipads. I'm getting my first and probably only tattoo at 40 next year, but hadn't really considered making it weight loss related.

Harry Potter! And it's okay, you can think of menstrual pads ;)
  • TheVirgoddess

rbimid0n0tyk.jpg

I love the "she believed she could so she did" tattoo. I will definitely be getting that one as well!

It's so empowering, isn't it? How believing in yourself can enable you to do anything!
  • Consultation today, appointment booked for Nov 19th. Getting matching tats with my best friend to commemorate something else, but I have been waiting until I was at my goal weight to get it. This is my second tattoo. So excited!