Replies

• nidhi54
    nidhi54 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Its only 7 days u shud wait for sometime
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    OP, looking at your diary, I would highly suggest going for a moderate deficit (around 1800 calories daily, and increase your protein. You may want to strive for 40% carbs, 30% protein and 30% fats.
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    OP, I took a peek at a couple of days of your diary, and I am going to guess you are not weighing/measuring your foods, and you are not actually eating 1200 cals. Try focusing on accurately logging, pick a reasonable calorie goal, and give it 3-4 weeks to start working. Good luck :drinker:

I saw a few "quick adds" this week so that might have something to do with it as well.

• eepeter
    eepeter Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    OP, I took a peek at a couple of days of your diary, and I am going to guess you are not weighing/measuring your foods, and you are not actually eating 1200 cals. Try focusing on accurately logging, pick a reasonable calorie goal, and give it 3-4 weeks to start working. Good luck :drinker:

I saw a few "quick adds" this week so that might have something to do with it as well.

Haha no. They were lazyness, not bad food. My complex lunches :) Rice / Veg / Chicken breast.
  • eepeter
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »
    OP, looking at your diary, I would highly suggest going for a moderate deficit (around 1800 calories daily, and increase your protein. You may want to strive for 40% carbs, 30% protein and 30% fats.

The hardest thing I had was to cut out bread. I just had to stop buying it, it was the only way. And likewise I switched down to wholemeal pasta/rice.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    eepeter wrote: »

The hardest thing I had was to cut out bread. I just had to stop buying it, it was the only way. And likewise I switched down to wholemeal pasta/rice.

You dont have to cut out bread. Just look at my diet. It would just be beneficial to your progress if you included more protein based foods. Also, adding resistance training will help you too.
  • eepeter
    Options

Haha no. They were lazyness, not bad food. My complex lunches :) Rice / Veg / Chicken breast.

I would think you should not use this option to get optimal results. You could have overestimated the amount of the food item or not had the correct calorie value.

I know and you would find very few entries like that. I could with effort go back and find the exact values of items, however it was all measured at the time to precision and I know it came to that amount of calories. But you are quite right accurate logging and accurate measuring is the only way to succeed. I would only be cheating myself.
  • eepeter
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »

So you swapped out a carb for a carb?

No. I cut out bread and will only buy it for special meals now. As for my current intake of wholemeal pasta/rice my option for that now is wholemeal. I have not increased my intake of rice/paste instead of bread.
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options

I would think you should not use this option to get optimal results. You could have overestimated the amount of the food item or not had the correct calorie value.

I know and you would find very few entries like that. I could with effort go back and find the exact values of items, however it was all measured at the time to precision and I know it came to that amount of calories. But you are quite right accurate logging and accurate measuring is the only way to succeed. I would only be cheating myself.

There's a way through MFP that you can "create a meal" so everytime you have your standard chiken/veg/whatever, you don't have to add everything in every single time. I use the feature all the time.

• eepeter
    Options

There's a way through MFP that you can "create a meal" so everytime you have your standard chiken/veg/whatever, you don't have to add everything in every single time. I use the feature all the time.

I use the phone app most of the day for recording, in fact I use the phone app all the time for recording. It allows me to bar-code scan things in with ease. I probably would not have been so successful without the phone app version to be honest. It is just so easy to go, I am eating that weighed at that. Scanned - enter digits, done :smile:
  • eepeter
    Options

No. I cut out bread and will only buy it for special meals now. As for my current intake of wholemeal pasta/rice my option for that now is wholemeal. I have not increased my intake of rice/paste instead of bread.

What I'm saying then is you exchanged bread for wholemeal pasta/rice?

You could argue by not having bread as an option the bulk options I have would available now would be pasta / rice. So, yes.
  • eepeter
    Options

Sorry I had missed the point of my reply, in the telephone application version 'create a meal' is not an option. I do know of the feature you mean though and when I log via the PC I do use it. Thanks :smile:
  • eepeter
    Options

rice is a carb...so is pasta

True. I guess I have not succeeded on the lowering carb front then.
  • crisb2
    crisb2 Posts: 329 Member
    Options

Nope. Some whole wheat pastas even have more carbs than the regular, and the "more" fiber doesn't really put a dent in the net carb difference. And I also think pasta has more carbs than bread, per 100g just generally speaking. That's twice as bad considering you can eat two slices of bread, but it's unlikely you'll eat a palmful of pasta.
  • eepeter
    Options
    crisb2 wrote: »

Nope. Some whole wheat pastas even have more carbs than the regular, and the "more" fiber doesn't really put a dent in the net carb difference. And I also think pasta has more carbs than bread, per 100g just generally speaking. That's twice as bad considering you can eat two slices of bread, but it's unlikely you'll eat a palmful of pasta.

What would you recommend doing, given my diary entries too?
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    crisb2 wrote: »

What would you recommend doing, given my diary entries too?

You don't need to worry about lowering your carbs. The calorie deficit is all that matters.