November Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Abakan
    Abakan Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    About 5 degrees c and raining at 7.30 this morning in UK but still enjoyed my personal training session, running in the cold is much easier than running in the heat IMO and I love running in the snow.
    Sorry to hear about your bad back abern921 hope you recover quickly.

11/6 2.9 miles

17.9 completed 52.1 to do.
  • Minnygirl1
    Minnygirl1 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Got 3 walking miles in today!!! (My old legs just can't run everyday lol).

exercise.png
  • XX_Miss_RoseMary_XX
    Options
    1.73 done today using C25K
    Jogged 1.34 yesterday.
    4.78 total ran for the month

The ticker below shows my miles both walked and jogged!

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wVKO2WN/exercise.png
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    I'm in for cold weather support group! ;) I'm in Maine and it snowed this weekend!

I'm in for a cold weather support group! I'm trying to embrace running in the cold, the lowest for far this year was 35F, for goodness sake I live in Alabama that is not acceptable in November :wtf: Anything up to 85 I'm good with, then it gets hot and I whine about that too. LOL But I do refuse cold and rain...nope not happening.

• MattNorrisUL
    MattNorrisUL Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Moving right along toward my goal!!

exercise.png

• SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Track workout - 6x400m @5k pace, 200m rests + 2mi warmup/2mi cooldown
    44.4mi done/170.6mi/24d left
  • kadibo
    kadibo Posts: 15
    Options
    Getting serious now... went running in the rain.
    exercise.png
  • Daisy471
    Daisy471 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    11/2 - 10 miles
    11/5 - 3 miles

exercise.png
  • veganbettie
    veganbettie Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    Starting late - goal is 60 miles this month.

11/5, 3.5 miles - in the dark with my head lamp (at 5pm!!) At least there's a full moon right now!

I'm in for cold weather support group! ;) I'm in Maine and it snowed this weekend!

I feel so dumb complaining about the weather when you all are dealing with freezing cold and rain or snow. I went to the gym to run on the treadmill today, which I hate, because it was just too hot to run outside - sorry but I can't run when it is over 80 and it was 90 today and hot, very dry and windy. I am hoping it cools back down soon to where it should be in November in So California (65-70 sounds about right)!

You must live by me....I ran yesterday in the 90 degree weather with the Santa Ana wind blowing in my face. I had to walk and then realized that if I walked it was going to take longer and I really wanted to be in the AC.... Yuck.
  • fabnine
    fabnine Posts: 379 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Minnygirl1 wrote: »
    Fabnine- I am a born and raised Minnesotan, you would think I could handle the cold but.....I just can't. Lol. Thank goodness for my treadmill/netflix/amazon prime. It's what gets me through the winter!!!!
    I was thinking- for just a second honest- how do you watch movies while running? wouldn't you trip? OOoh on a treadmill... nevermind... Minnesota has wind like we never see here. Wind makes cold feel colder & drifts snow so the paths disappear. You face challenges I don't have in NH. That said, on a mild, windless day, you could layer up enough to run! Also If you check my log I often run higher miles one day then only one the next, my legs don't always like running everyday either.
    11/5, 3.5 miles - in the dark with my head lamp (at 5pm!!) At least there's a full moon right now!

I saw the moon too! Sunset at 4:30 caught me off guard & I barely cleared the woods before nightfall. I'm surprised we haven't had snow yet, it usually snows by Halloween.
    November 2, 3.1 miles (5K Race), 32 min (my worst 5K race time, stupid asthma)
    You're running with asthma. That's a game changer that keeps many people from running at all. It's okay, to be disappointed, but don't beat yourself up over this. You will do better next time.
    shanaber wrote: »
    I feel so dumb complaining about the weather when you all are dealing with freezing cold and rain or snow. I went to the gym to run on the treadmill today, which I hate, because it was just too hot to run outside - sorry but I can't run when it is over 80 and it was 90 today and hot, very dry and windy. I am hoping it cools back down soon to where it should be in November in So California (65-70 sounds about right)!
    Shanaber-I agree with healthyfocused, hot is harder to deal with than cold. I can't breath if the weather gets too hot or too cold, both hurt my lungs. But too hot for me is around 85, too cold is somewhere in the teens. It's not that cold here yet. So I'll gladly take my 30s & 40s to your 80s & 90s.
  • amyjoi16
    amyjoi16 Posts: 29 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options

exercise.png

I am in for 125
  • fabnine
    fabnine Posts: 379 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    ddmom0811 wrote: »
    I don't know how you all do it with temps so cold. Having lived in Florida for almost 30 years, I freeze when it's below 55. It's pretty ridiculous. Since this is my first few months of running I'm wondering how I will manage if we get in the 30s for a few days in Jan/Feb. One reason I run at 4:30am is because it is so hot in the afternoons but I suppose if it gets cold I could run in the afternoons! I'd love that because it would be daylight and I could leave my neighborhood.
    I'm not accustomed to Florida's heat, I think I'd dehydrate. For me the only difference between a 30 degree morning run in tights, singlet, jacket & gloves or a 45 degrees evening run in capris & tee is that my hands get colder in the am. 55 is shorts weather up here. After a long winter the natives pull out their shorts in the 40s. I am not a native New Englander.
    abern921 wrote: »
    I've been sidlined with a back injury. :( Hopefully I'll be running again in a week or two.
    Hope you heal quickly & we see you running again soon! Be well.
    I'm in for a cold weather support group! I'm trying to embrace running in the cold, the lowest for far this year was 35F, for goodness sake I live in Alabama that is not acceptable in November :wtf: Anything up to 85 I'm good with, then it gets hot and I whine about that too. LOL But I do refuse cold and rain...nope not happening.
    35 in the deep south? That is unacceptable! Really, because you're not used to it that probably felt like sub zero to you & that was your 10K race day wasn't it? You Rock!!!

@LoneWolfRunner- today's another 1 mile day for me but I already have my 50 miles for week 1 of Nov. ;)
  • FancyPantsFran
    FancyPantsFran Posts: 3,687 Member
    Options

exercise.png
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,408 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options

Shanaber - running in the heat is harder than running in the cold (IMO)!!! I can layer up for almost any temperature but you can't do that in the heat! I've lived in Florida and Texas and I had to run at 4am usually if I wanted to be outside. Otherwise, it was the treadmill at the gym. And I'll hold out for as long as possible here, but once the roads are icy, I'll be on the treadmill here too!!
    I don't like running on the streets in the dark and the trail doesn't open until 6:30am and by then I am sitting in meetings (I work from home). So I go when I can between meetings. The heat does terrible things to my runs - my heart rate is much higher and I get exhausted so much quicker and not just tired, it exhausts me. I like running in the cold and honestly in the rain too but I would draw the line at ice mostly because I don't want to fall.
    fabnine wrote: »
    Shanaber-I agree with healthyfocused, hot is harder to deal with than cold. I can't breath if the weather gets too hot or too cold, both hurt my lungs. But too hot for me is around 85, too cold is somewhere in the teens. It's not that cold here yet. So I'll gladly take my 30s & 40s to your 80s & 90s.
    I would take the 30s and 40s too, although everyone else here would probably have a hard time with it that cold :smile: when I ran this morning it was 78 when I started and 85 when I finished. I wanted to go 6 miles but only managed to struggle through 3.88. The dog is wiped out and I am too and I have strength training tonight... at least I will sleep well!
    abern921 wrote: »
    I've been sidlined with a back injury. :( Hopefully I'll be running again in a week or two.
    Oh No! Feel better soon :flowerforyou:
    You must live by me....I ran yesterday in the 90 degree weather with the Santa Ana wind blowing in my face. I had to walk and then realized that if I walked it was going to take longer and I really wanted to be in the AC.... Yuck.
    We must live close - I am in Anaheim! The Santa Ana winds dry out my mouth and skin and I just feel dehydrated no matter how much water I drink before, during or after my run.
    fabnine wrote: »

@LoneWolfRunner- today's another 1 mile day for me but I already have my 50 miles for week 1 of Nov. ;)
    You amaze me! I have 1/2 of what you have and my body is already complaining! I even had to give the puppy a day off yesterday :smile:

• shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,408 Member
    Options
    Date.......Miles.......Total
    11/01.... 7.37....... 7.37 - Rain run!
    11/02.... 1.54....... 8.91 - Dog Beach!
    11/03.... 6.41......15.32
    11/04.... 4.41......19.73 - Strength Training
    11/05.... 4.00......23.73 - Treadmill
    11/06.... 3.88......27.61 - Strength Training

exercise.png
  • ShortMrsN
    ShortMrsN Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    04/11 - 10.11km
    07/11 - 10.11km

exercise.png

• username301
    username301 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Goals:
    1. Run 100km in total
    2. Increase distance to 8km........ :)
    3. Run/walk Interval of 35/1min
    4. Run for 1hr................................ :)
    5. Run 7km in 54min.................... :)
    6. Take part in a fun run
    7. New PB for 5km (37.56)
    8. Establish PB for, 1km, 1mile.

1. 2/11 8km 62.59min 20.30/1
    2. 4/11. 8km. 72.43min. 22/1
    3. 6/11. 8km. 63.20min 23.30/1

• chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    4 miles done today

exercise.png
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    OK, I learned that dressing for colder weather can be a very fickle affair. That last mile and half was BRUTAL!!!

11/2 - 12.19 miles
    11/6 - 12.25 miles

exercise.png

• Ohhim
    Ohhim Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    Training plan calls for a half marathon this weekend, but doing an olympic triathlon instead (just 6.2 running after 40k biking/1.5k swimming) that day, so trying to figure out if I should make up the gap later in the day, rest post-race, or do something different.

Adjusting training plans is complicated :)

11/1 - 6 miles (first time I tried some hashing)
    11/2 - 15 miles
    11/4 - 4 miles
    11/5 - 5 miles
    11/6 - 4 miles

Total: 34 miles
    Goal: 160 miles