Started Gluten free diet and all the bread are soooooooo fat

Options

Replies

• kungabungadin
    kungabungadin Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    AliceDark wrote: »
    So you were diagnosed with Celiac disease? That's the only reason to go gluten-free.
    So you were diagnosed with Celiac disease? That's the only reason to go gluten-free.

NO Celiac disease is not the only reason you can have a gluten sensitivity and need to go gluten free. I have been trying to go gluten free for only the past couple of days and already Ihave notice a great difference in the way I feel meaning no pains in my stomach, no brain fog, I have more energy and I am less cranky. Good luck going gluten free it may be hard but it's worth it in my opinion.
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    nuvimi wrote: »
    lili200 wrote: »
    I was told by ,y doctor to stop gluten, wasn't fashnable thing... jvs- so what carbs do you eat at breakfast if may I ask?
    - I easyly finish my 1400 calories diet with current gluten free diet- thats the problem .

You don't have to eat bread for breakfast. There are so many choices. Have you been to the grocery store lately?

You can have fruit, eggs, veggies, potatoes, yams, millet, quinoa, rice, meat, tofu, seeds nuts, they even have gluten free granola.
  • khoddy
    khoddy Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Jeez if someone wants to go gluten free even for *kitten* and giggles then they should go right ahead! Honestly, it's not going to do any harm is it? The question isn't "Please give unsolicited advice on my diet" but "What should I have for breakfast?". As to that question, I went wild for chocolate banana quinoa a while back http://greatist.com/eat/recipes/chocolate-banana-breakfast-quinoa but I suppose it isn't particularly portable. I would say eggs, eggs all over the place. I bought the UDIs bagels once, they were alreet but yeah expensive. I'm not GF personally so can't be much help, just felt like judging the judgers!

True--

My breakfast today: 2 eggs in a mug with salsa

Other options I love:
    chia pudding (many options for recipes online)
    Protein shake (1 tbsp peanut butter, 1 scoop protein (I use vega- vanilla), and 1-2 c almond milk; or 1/2 can lite coconut milk, 1/2 pint raspberries, 1 small red beet, 1/2 c red cabbage + protein optional) Both of these shake options can be quite high calorie though.
    Leftovers (I had chili the other day!)

• AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    __drmerc__ wrote: »
    s_pekz wrote: »

What she says
    I agree

Meh, more people have a gluten sensitivity than we know. With all the pasteurizing and sterilization of foods, our bodies have less healthy bacteria in them, coupled with enriching of wheat flours. I don't have celiacs and I'm gluten free and I can tell you that when I consume gluten (who doesn't need a slice of pizza every now and then) I can feel it. Mood changes, extreme fatigue, joint pain.

Strong logic. Pizza gives you joint pain?

Yep.

Six common symptoms of gluten intolerance

(1) Obviously, there are gastrointestinal (GI), stomach, and digestive problems. These can include one or some of the following: Gas, bloating, queasiness, abdominal cramping, constipation, diarrhea, or an alternating combination of both - IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome).

(2) Headaches and/or migraines.

(3) Fibromyalgia is not a disease, it's a syndrome. Getting a medical diagnosis is bogus. You don't need to be told you have muscular and connecting tissue aches and pains. That's what fibromyalgia means. Fibro= Connective Tissue; Myo= Muscle; Algia= Pain. Thus fibromyalgia.

(4) Emotional issues involving chronic irritability and sudden, irrational mood shifts.

(5) Neurological issues, including dizziness, difficulty balancing, and peripheral neuropathy affecting nerves outside the central nervous system and resulting in pain, weakness, tingling or numbness in the extremities.

(6) Fatigue, whether chronic or almost after every meal. Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) is, like fibromyalgia, a syndrome, not a disease. If that's what you're diagnosed with, it means your doctor can't locate the cause of your fatigue.

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/038170_gluten_sensitivity_symptoms_intolerance.html##ixzz3Ixxc3R3I
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options

What she says
    I agree

Meh, more people have a gluten sensitivity than we know. With all the pasteurizing and sterilization of foods, our bodies have less healthy bacteria in them, coupled with enriching of wheat flours. I don't have celiacs and I'm gluten free and I can tell you that when I consume gluten (who doesn't need a slice of pizza every now and then) I can feel it. Mood changes, extreme fatigue, joint pain.

not to mention, eating pizza, you are not 'gluten-free', you are 'gluten-sometimes'.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I could have copied the same list from WebMD if you prefer?
    mccindy72 wrote: »

What she says
    I agree

not to mention, eating pizza, you are not 'gluten-free', you are 'gluten-sometimes'.

I'm sorry, once every 3-4 months, I'll eat some pizza.
  • mccindy72
    Options

What she says
    I agree

Yep.

Six common symptoms of gluten intolerance

(1) Obviously, there are gastrointestinal (GI), stomach, and digestive problems. These can include one or some of the following: Gas, bloating, queasiness, abdominal cramping, constipation, diarrhea, or an alternating combination of both - IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome).

(2) Headaches and/or migraines.

(3) Fibromyalgia is not a disease, it's a syndrome. Getting a medical diagnosis is bogus. You don't need to be told you have muscular and connecting tissue aches and pains. That's what fibromyalgia means. Fibro= Connective Tissue; Myo= Muscle; Algia= Pain. Thus fibromyalgia.

(4) Emotional issues involving chronic irritability and sudden, irrational mood shifts.

(5) Neurological issues, including dizziness, difficulty balancing, and peripheral neuropathy affecting nerves outside the central nervous system and resulting in pain, weakness, tingling or numbness in the extremities.

(6) Fatigue, whether chronic or almost after every meal. Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) is, like fibromyalgia, a syndrome, not a disease. If that's what you're diagnosed with, it means your doctor can't locate the cause of your fatigue.

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/038170_gluten_sensitivity_symptoms_intolerance.html##ixzz3Ixxc3R3I

Natural news is a solid source of information

:p
  • Ginger046
    Ginger046 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I am GF ut dont eat GF breads because they taste like crap - for lunches i stick to wraps or cold pastas and breakfasts I stick to cereal :)
  • mccindy72
    Options

What she says
    I agree

So 'gluten-occasionally'.

• AgentOrangeJuice
    edited November 2014
    Options

What she says
    I agree

So 'gluten-occasionally'.

Got us a gluten snob on our hands, watch out peoples, she's the real deal Celiac Certified :)
  • violet791
    violet791 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    To answer the OP's question - there are lots and lots of foods that are naturally gluten-free. I have found it's better to just focus on those than try to replace gluten foods with gluten-free packaged foods. They're all overpriced, starchy, and don't taste the greatest.
    My daughter is gluten free. No, she doesn't have a celiac diagnosis. She does have terrible stomach pains and digestive issues that disappear when she follows a GF diet.

We eat eggs, meat, bacon, fruit, vegetables, yogurt, cheese, nuts, rice, quinoa ... There's also a lot of decent recipes on paleo blogging sites. Two of our favourites are www.againstallgrain.com and www.elanaspantry.com
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options

That's so very far from the truth.
  • wilsoncl6
    wilsoncl6 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    Here we go, the gluten or no gluten battle. Fact is, some people have a harder time with gluten than others. Just like some people have a harder time digesting enzymes in dairy than others. All people aren't made the same, one of the beauties of life. Just because "you" don't have a problem with something doesn't mean that somebody else won't. I like dairy products but too much sends my digestive system into a tailspin while others can eat ice cream to their hearts content.

As far as fibromyalgia, you are right, it is not a disease but it can be considered a syndrome but is also considered a rheumatic condition closely related to arthritis without the inflammation or joint damage. The way the poster puts it is like it's all in peoples heads. Although I do agree that it has some neurological components (linked to neurological stress or trauma) it is still expressed in a physical way. A diagnosis is not bogus. That's like saying chronic pain doesn't exist because the doctor can't prove it by current scientific tests. Many years ago we thought infections from bacteria was a bogus idea but we've become much more enlightened since then.
  • nogreenthumb
    Options

So you want to look super hot in a mini skirt? That's the only reason to work out.

What if a person broke out into hives when they consumed gluten? What if a person just didn't like the way they felt after consuming gluten? Should they keep eating it even if they weren't diagnosed with Celiac? Absolutely not. What ever happened to personal choice? Not all foods work wonders for everyone. I don't care if I had a reaction to gluten or not, I would prefer to eat a salad over a slice of whole grain bread any day.

I am not saying that one should completely cut out gluten because they heard so-and-so lost 20 lb just by cutting it out of their diets. This is a matter of deciding what foods work best for you, and what foods don't.

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Fashion is a pretty lame reason to stop eating gluten. Your doctor told you that??? Fire your doctor. If you don't have celiac disease, eat gluten.

You can be gluten intollerant without having celiac disease. People without a medical degree should not give medical advice. It's pretty clear you don't have one. Hopefully her doctor does.

OP look for corn or rice breads or cereals if you want carbs for breakfast. Or you can make a porridge of quinoa, buckwheat, rice or other gluten free grains.