I am allowed 1200 calories per day..any tips on a sweet, low calorie, late night snack?

Options

Replies

• GoneGirl50
    GoneGirl50 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    1 cup of almond milk warmed on the stove.
    16 dark chocolate chips
    whisk until melted, add a few drops of mint extract, and stevia to taste.

almond mild, mixed berries, stevia or honey. Surprisingly tasty and sweet.

An orange, apple, or grapes

Tea with stevia and almond milk

Make sure to include healthy oils in your diet, even if it means increasing calories. It actually helps keep you satiated.
  • Sarahliquid
    Sarahliquid Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    A piece of hard candy lasts a while.
  • stillbattlingthebulge
    Options
    Sugar free jello!!! Flavor w/out calories!
  • saanjana
    saanjana Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    yogurt with honey :)
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
  • StacyPhillipsTSFLcoach
    Options
    Medifast makes some GREAT high-protein (11g/serving) low-carb (>16 g/serving) products that are around 100 calories. Examples are: Soft Bake Brownies, Soft Bake Chocolate Chip Cookies, Cinnamon Pretzels, Soft Serve Ice Cream in Mango, Peanut Butter or Chocolate Mint, many flavors of Crunchy or Chewy Bars, Hot Cocoa, Cappuchino, Chai Latte, Soft Bake Gingerbread, etc. I use these at night for a late-night treat and they fit in perfectly with my macros!
  • Charlottesometimes23
    Options
    Muggle1970 wrote: »
    I usually have 80 calories left over...so not much :-(

For 80 cals, you could have 1/8 slice of a pie I make. Process 250g each of fat free greek yogurt, cottage cheese and cream cheese. Dissolve a sugar free lemon jelly (jello) in 1/2 cup hot water. Add to mixture. Stir through 1 cup drained crushed pineapple. Pour into a large pie plate and let set overnight. Yum. Sometimes I use strawberry jelly and crushed fresh strawberries but the lemon/pineapple mix is my favourite.
  • Cirque95
    Cirque95 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I buy things like little ice lollies and little ice creams for something to have at night. Mini milks for example only have 30 calories in one and they take longer than other snacks to eat as well, and there's plenty of other similar ice lollies that are under 100 calories.

You could also have a yoghurt. I've started buying strawberry muller light yoghurts, they're only 99 calories each and you get a lot for 99 calories.

You could also have some frozen yoghurt - it has a less calories than ice cream and is fruity and sweet.

You could also buy fruits like pineapple which tend to be sweeter than apples/grapes/oranges. Or you could make a little fruit salad with or without yoghurt.

Those are the little sweet treats that I like to have, I tend to avoid chocolate as it isn't really satisfying in small quantities in my opinion.
  • purpleflowers63
    Options
    My favorite is cereal. Sweet fruity cereal. But you have to have more than 80 calories left to be able to eat it with milk. I have a bowl of Trix every night! I also get 1200 calories so I exercise very day to add some more calories to it. I find that eating healthier, lower fat mostly, really makes a difference, saves calories for the sweets!
  • NetflixAndStuff
    Options
    Frozen grapes- they're sweet and just like popsicles!
  • rockwind
    rockwind Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Mix half a cup of Greek yogurt and purée a couple strawberries and mix together. High protein and low in calories. Clean flavoured yogurt.
  • maria0elisa
    maria0elisa Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    TUNNOCKS TEA CAKES.
    If you're in the US I hope you can get them there. They're from Scotland.

They're incredible AND only 105 calories!

They are like chocolate-covered marshmallow biscuits, but they're also veggie because the mallow is from Italian meringue and doesn't contain any gelatine.
  • HadassahsMomma
    HadassahsMomma Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Frozen chocolate dipped banana-freezer bananas that are cut in 1/2. Once frozen for a good 2 hours or so, melt dark chocolate with a tiny amount of oil and dip bananas in mixture. Freeze again for at least 20 minutes.
  • hiphop10
    hiphop10 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    sliced apples with a teaspoon of peanut butter on the side.
  • Dawmelvan
    Dawmelvan Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Speculoos cookies from Trader Joes 2 = 75 calories. I drink a cup of Black Tea with Chai spices at 0 calories and it is such a nice treat!
  • martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    fat free / sugar free jello made with diet Sprite / orange pop / sparking flavored water, etc. = 20 calories for the entire serving, and it's a lot. Enjoy.
  • GeorgiFett
    GeorgiFett Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I find that a low calorie hot chocolate or some pineapple does the trick as it is so sweet. Here in the UK we have instant millionaire's shortbread mocha by Nescafe, 80 calories a cup and it is delicious!
  • feralkitten1010
    feralkitten1010 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I think Dannon's dairy dessert cheesecakes are delicious and they're only 180 calories.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    Frozen blueberries, frozen grapes