Options
13»

Replies

• Upstate_Dunadan
    Upstate_Dunadan Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Mishootka wrote: »
    sm4astan wrote: »
    Only thing I can't find is how to turn on Negative Adjustments. The FAQ says it should be on the Settings > Diary page, but there is nothing there. I wonder if it was removed because it was not working right?

To turn on negative adjustments go to the MFP website -> Settings -> Diary settings -> Calorie adjustments -> and check the Enable Negative Adjustments checkbox.

There is no calorie adjustments section on that page for me.
  • Upstate_Dunadan
    Options
    I'm an UP24 at the moment. I do miss the active heart rate monitoring I got with Polar chest band. I rreally like that I only have to charge every 14 days

Seems UP has a new devise with hrm and charge lasts 7 days. I plan to check that out.

I really like the idea of the new MS Band. For those that have it how long does it take to charge? Sounds like it will be everyday if you use the gps at all? If you have to charge it everyday and want to wear it to sleep seems like that could become a problem?

I almost ran mine out from yesterday morning after my workout (7am) until this morning after my workout). The low battery warning went off during my last exercise and when I got home and connected the charger, it looked like about 10% was left.

But, I wore it all yesterday, tracked my sleep, spent an hour at the gym, all while bombarding the Band with (no joke) probably 500+ email alerts (work mainly), and a similar number of text and notification center alerts.

Charging is exceptional. From almost nothing, you can fast charge the Band to 80% in 30 minutes or so. To go from 80%-100% takes at least an hour, but I've not timed it. The past two days I charged it while showering after the gym, and by the time I'm done and dressed I'm about at 80%. I let it charge to 100% while having coffee or when I sit down to work (home office). Given you can get it to 80% in almost no time, I don't foresee keeping it charged to be an issue. If you were low, and needed to go forma run, workout, a few minutes on the charger while you get ready and you'd be good to go. Nowadays, with phones and tablets not going much more than a day with good use, the habit is pretty ingrained.

I will say the band did feel a bit awkward at first, but I think that's more because I don't ever wear a watch, and having anything on my wrist is new. After 3 days, its now starting to fade into the background, in a good way. I also have no problem wearing it on my left wrist while sitting at a desk using a keyboard all day.

• jakichan
    jakichan Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I'd also look at the Up3 from Jawbone. Basically it's a Jawbone Up24 combined with the tech of the BodyBugg (which make sense because they bought BodyMedia). I'm also tempted by the new FitBits as well as the Jaybird Reign. The Reign will do some sort of HR testing (but not continuous I think), and it can auto-recognize sleep and other things. The Up3 is going to do auto-activities but you still have to put it in sleep mode.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    The new Fitbit Charge (and I assume the two not yet released) auto-recognize sleep, too.
  • GobbyLittleGit
    GobbyLittleGit Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Only thing I can't find is how to turn on Negative Adjustments. The FAQ says it should be on the Settings > Diary page, but there is nothing there. I wonder if it was removed because it was not working right?

To turn on negative adjustments go to the MFP website -> Settings -> Diary settings -> Calorie adjustments -> and check the Enable Negative Adjustments checkbox.

Nor me.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options

Nor me.
    Are you guys looking at the web browser MFP page or the MFP mobile app? It's in the browser one.

• SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I've not heard of it. Is it a heart rate monitor? Sounds interesting, will have to do some research on it. :smile:

ETA: I just looked it up. So, it tracks your steps and exercise calories burned, but it does no have a chest strap? I wonder how accurate the calorie burn numbers are?

Looks like a fun gadget.
  • Cielazul
    Cielazul Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know if one should be wearing the Band on one's dominant or non-dominant wrist? I am guessing non-dominant, like Fitbit.
  • Upstate_Dunadan
    Options

Nor me.
    Are you guys looking at the web browser MFP page or the MFP mobile app? It's in the browser one.

I'm looking in the web browser MFP page. Where exactly do you see it? I see (from top to bottom) -

Nutrients tracked
    Default add food viewer
    Meal names
    Diary Sharing

That's it.
  • Upstate_Dunadan
    Options
    zillie77 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if one should be wearing the Band on one's dominant or non-dominant wrist? I am guessing non-dominant, like Fitbit.

I wear it on my left (non-dominant). I have not problem using a keyboard with it this way, but on my right wrist it gets in the way of using a computer mouse.
  • Mishootka
    Options

Nor me.

I'm looking in the web browser MFP page. Where exactly do you see it? I see (from top to bottom) -

Nutrients tracked
    Default add food viewer
    Meal names
    Diary Sharing

That's it.

Well... May be this setting appears after you integrate a certain app or something? Here it is for me in the web browser:
    5hug4zjuiam6.png

• donnysoule
    donnysoule Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    got it, love it! Myfitness Pal is great for watching the intake and The Band is ideal for watching how you use it. integrates well with MFP with my iphone and the information it gives is great and detailed. Really cool to look at your sleep patterns and see the spikes in your work outs
  • Upstate_Dunadan
    Options
    I definitely don't have that Calorie Adjustment setting. I bet you are right, that it gets turned on when you link certain Apps, and the Band functionality hasn't been coded yet. I assume you are using some type of tracker?
  • mmerry5
    mmerry5 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Went to the Microsoft store today. I really liked the looks and features of the Band, but I have really tiny wrists. The display actually overhangs the side of my wrist. I was sort of bummed that it just seems too big for me. I loved the way the band connects. So easy. I really liked it overall, but it looked so funny and was just a bit uncomfortable on my wrist. I still have to check out the Fitbit Charge and see how that one is. I am thinking maybe the Charge HR, but that doesn't have the GPS function. Hoping that the size of that will not be a problem. I haven't actually seen one in person yet.
  • vekin
    vekin Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    The negative calorie adjustment checkbox just does not exist when paired with the Microsoft Health Application or the Microsoft Band.

This feature needs to be fixed and I hope they are aware of it.

Attached photo shows the issue.0j9svjjwrve7.png
    nope.png 169.9K
  • HeidiGrrrl
    HeidiGrrrl Posts: 81 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    It's been well over 2 years since the OP, and my Microsoft Band has NEVER synced with MFP. My Fitbit has died, and I don't want to replace it, even though that has always synced. I don't really know how to manually add my exercise as I don't count moving around my house doing my daily stuff as exercise, even though my MS Band always records it. Absolutely WORTHLESS part of MFP. Glad I don't pay for MFP.

ETA: Now that Microsoft is no longer making or supporting the MS Band the point is moot, but it was extremely annoying that MFP never fixed this issue, especially since my Band still works just fine.