• 50sFit
    50sFit Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Poverty...
  • Miss_1999
    Miss_1999 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    WW_Jude wrote: »
    I have an irrational fear that can wake me from a sound sleep and put me into tears in seconds.
    My son has been cancer free for 17 years (he's 24). No sign of cancer since remission but that doesn't seem to matter. My mommy-brain won't let it go :(

*HUGE, HUGE HUGS* as a momma, I can empathize. I know that would something that would be terrifying to be, and understandably, always in the back of my mind. *Hugs* Hoping for a long and healthy life for your precious baby! (and I know he's 24, but they're always your baby!)
  • DonaGail
    DonaGail Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    ~The living dead. I saw night of the living dead at the drive in when I was a kid in 1968 or 69, and have had nightmares about them ever since. I think about them every day and always know the best place to run or hide wherever I go.
    ~Being the sole surviver at the end of mankind..but not being sure Im alone.
    ~Clowns..and to my horror, a drunk one tried to pick me up on an island once!
    ~Bridges..another reoccuring dream. I can actually feel myself going off the right side of a bridge in a black car. Same dream every time.
    ~Dolls..Im pretty sure they come to life at night and stare at you as they close in!
    ~Losing my husband. I love him so much.
    ..and yet I drive a truck for a living and go into prisons, scary neighborhoods, secluded farms and dont think twice..what a weirdo!
  • OnceBitt2xshy34
    Options
    Mice... lol
  • WW_Jude_V2
    WW_Jude_V2 Posts: 209 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    siren1ty wrote: »
    I have an irrational fear that can wake me from a sound sleep and put me into tears in seconds.
    My son has been cancer free for 17 years (he's 24). No sign of cancer since remission but that doesn't seem to matter. My mommy-brain won't let it go :(

oh hunni thats terrible.. i hope you get help with processing and dealing with that feeling (((huge hugs)))))

Thanks....and I actually was diagnosed with reactive depression and PTS, believe it or not. Apparently it's not all that uncommon in parents who lose, or almost lose their kids. My son had liver cancer, of all things. A hard five years of partying and drinking will do that to a person I guess ;)
    He's amazing - a gifted singer working with a famous producer as his mentor - but battles the after effects of chemo that no one ever tells you about. He has beat the odds (typical survival rate for his protocol is about 4 to 7 years - he is the benchmark at our children's hospital).

Miss_1999 wrote: »

*HUGE, HUGE HUGS* as a momma, I can empathize. I know that would something that would be terrifying to be, and understandably, always in the back of my mind. *Hugs* Hoping for a long and healthy life for your precious baby! (and I know he's 24, but they're always your baby!)

You got THAT right - and he's a very kind and understanding baby, ;) - he knows I need to have a close connection with him in order to keep a semblance of my sanity. He 'lets' me cook him dinner and take him shopping at least once a month. :D

Thanks for your comments - they were nice to wake up to this morning. :)
  • tim201200
    tim201200 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Clowns and unmarked white vans
  • hilaltarkan
    Options
    Bugs and darkness :s
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    Watched my mother die a long slow agonizing death, losing all of her faculties to dimentia. I pray the Lord takes me some other way.
  • TheBeerRunner
    TheBeerRunner Posts: 2,777 Member
    Options
    I'm still afraid of tearing my ACL in the knee that I injured in football. It's been 13 years. I think it's time to let that one go.
  • Hockey_Winger
    Hockey_Winger Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Mice... lol
    How are you with spiders? Thinking we could arrange a deal here or something :stuck_out_tongue:

Real fear: Finding my daughter not breathing again.
    (Everything is "fixed" and shouldn't happen again, but still.)
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    When I go to the atm to withdraw money, I cover the screen so I don't have to actually look at my bank account. So...I fear my finances I guess.
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif
  • holagatita
    holagatita Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    snakes, mice, spiders, dark and lonely places, really big animals, lol really small animals, heights, debt, umm I'm sure theres more
  • rowlandsw
    rowlandsw Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Being around people, heights, spiders, thunderstorms, people in general
  • perfectlytrained
    perfectlytrained Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    drowning and suffocation
  • OnceBitt2xshy34
    Options
    Mice... lol
    How are you with spiders? Thinking we could arrange a deal here or something :stuck_out_tongue:

I can deal with spiders, lol Mice not so much
  • DannehBoyy
    DannehBoyy Posts: 546 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    ware rabbits and large amounts of raisins
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    daynerz wrote: »
    I fear God
    Me too! That's a healthy fear, a respect, though. Any unwanted fears?
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    1. Tests at school/Uni
    2. Storms
    3. Ramps/falling headfirst down one in my wheelchair.
    4. Public speech (slight)
  • Captain_Wobbles
    Captain_Wobbles Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    getting pregnant. Having a creature growing inside me would freak me out.