November Cycling Challenge 2014

Options
Welcome to our November Cycling Thread. If you are new to posting on this thread, or if you are new to cycling, We welcome you! If you are returning from a previous thread, We welcome you, too.

This thread is for anyone who rides a bike. Do you bike to work? Do you pull your children to the park? So you ride weekends? Do you spin, at home or the gym? Or, are you just starting out and remembering how much fun you had biking when you were a kid? However you choose to push your pedal, you are welcome on this thread.

I am a fairly casual person and, as such, have created a fairly casual thread. There are no rules to how or what you post. My only request is that you be kind. You may post miles, minutes, # of rides, what the scenery looks like, anything. Whatever will motivate you to get on your bike.

Please know that everyone who posts is welcome and encouraged, whether you’re riding a 100 miler on the weekend or just riding around the neighborhood

Replies

• goiahawks
    Options
    I missed my October goal. My November goal is going to be pretty much indoors on a trainer. I am shooting for 100 miles of indoor training for November.
  • pietomb00
    pietomb00 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm currently waiting for a set of front lights to arrive but once they're here I can get back to cycling to and from work.
    So I'll set a target at 250 miles for the month (That's two days a week)
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Wow, I completely missed my October goal, because the challenge of riding on top of my running schedule and despite darkness in the morning and, especially, early in the evening was more than I had realized. I finally got lights for my bike, but still am not at all sure I'll be bike commuting at all in November, as I really dislike riding home when it's completely dark out. I think I'll be really conservative and set a challenge of 100 miles and allow myself to count spinning miles. If nothing else it will keep me riding as the weather gets colder.
  • fejiofor
    fejiofor Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    October goal was weak and lazy of me,so am gonna challenge myself more this month 200 km. Fingers crossed.
  • sajeffe
    sajeffe Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Well, I met my October goal by a hair, but my goal was only 40 miles. No official goal for November through February since I hate riding inside and I'm not riding for weight loss.
  • sunshineshica
    Options
    guess i'll shoot for 180 miles
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    I ended October with 341. November miles are going to be weather dependent but I guess I'll shoot for 150. I'm only 58 miles from reaching 3,000 recorded miles in 13 months of riding.
  • mjohnson1twenty
    mjohnson1twenty Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    does a stationary bike count? if so, i'd like to join this group. i'll shoot for 420 minutes...
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Stationary bikes absolutely count!
  • mjohnson1twenty
    mjohnson1twenty Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    thanks Cricket Kate~ i'll be back when i've used my stationary bike again, :)
  • SingingSingleTracker
    SingingSingleTracker Posts: 1,866 Member
    Options
    November 1 - rode 14.9 miles for a duration of 00:59:10

November Totals
    = 14.9 miles @ 00:59:10

November Goals: Fall Riding/Base Building/Off-Season Weight Lifting
  • Ohhim
    Ohhim Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    Did a bit over 800 in October, and 450+ for September/August. Still, upping my running mileage to 40/week so I'll just aim for 400 on the bike and go from there.
  • Shalvia62
    Options
    6.55 miles..Cyclovia Tucson so very slow ride, just what I needed. Much less pain than my last ride.
  • fejiofor
    fejiofor Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    October goal was weak and lazy of me,so am gonna challenge myself more this month 200 km. Fingers crossed.
    11/2 7km
  • mwhite61451
    mwhite61451 Posts: 209 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Goal for me is 360 minutes.

11/1 50 minutes Spinning
    11/2 0 minutes
  • SingingSingleTracker
    SingingSingleTracker Posts: 1,866 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    November 1 - rode 14.9 miles for a duration of 00:59:10
    November 2 - rode 16.9 miles for a duration of 1:55:26

November Totals = 31.8 miles @ 2:54:36

November Goals: Fall Singletrack Riding/Base Building/Off-Season Weight Lifting

• ChrisM32205
    ChrisM32205 Posts: 218 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    November 1: 8 miles (40 mins) Should have done more but it was windy and chilly here today.
  • faugsu
    faugsu Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Well here we go!! Thanx Cricket - my best wishes :)
    Sajeffe, I knew you could do it, rock on.
    Ohhim, great effort & thanx for sharing.
    Nancy, I meant to tell you yesterday how fantastic you are doing. You truly are!!

11-1 52 miles
    11-2 54 MTD 106
  • Camo_xxx
    Camo_xxx Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    November goal = increase my daily ride from 30 to 45 miles per day. + exceed 500 miles monthly total
  • nancytyc
    nancytyc Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Sounds fun. I'll try for 400 this month.
    11/1 cycled 30.0 miles
    11/2 cycled 15.6 miles