Small victories...what are yours?

Options
cstevenson86
cstevenson86 Posts: 158 Member
edited October 2014 in Motivation and Support
Today I had what I like to call a "small victory."

I resisted one of my all time favorites at work...carrot cake with cream cheese frosting!

We have a birthday cake each month for the employees here at work. I could not believe I was actually able to slice the cake for everyone...see it...smell it...and resist.

Do I sound crazy? Or do you have small victories as well?

Saying no to a food that's not healthy just feels so empowering!

Tell me yours!

Replies

• kaystep33
    kaystep33 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    No your not crazy I get really happy when I order water at a restaurant. Its stupid but not something I ever would have done before( Pepsi addict)
  • Trishism
    Trishism Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Last night I only had one candy from our bowl of Halloween candies, and we have so much left over but I'm really not feeling tempted.

Yet, anyway. I think tonight will be a struggle. BUT, I can do it!
  • KameHameHaaaa
    KameHameHaaaa Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Yesterday morning my sister walked into the living room where I was sitting and asked if I wanted a McDonalds cookie. I said no thanks I already have two desserts planned. She left it on the coffee table next to me I guess assuming I'd cave. Its still sitting there. There's nothing wrong with treating yourself when you can fit it into your macros, but I'd choose almost any other dessert over a McDonalds cookie lol. I used to eat them daily.
  • elchucotografo
    Options
    I ran the New York Race for Life 5K today. I've never done anything like that before. I did it in 46 minutes, but no stopping and no walking. Then I walked 2 miles to work. I feel like I accomplished something great today!!!
  • wrenegade64
    wrenegade64 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Dang girl. That ain't crazy, THATS FABULOUS!!! Not many folks could cut it and serve it without burying their face in the middle of it! I would write bad checks and cuss in church for a good piece of carrot cake. And if you wave a piece of pecan pie in my face
    OOOOOOOOWWWEEEEEEEE, someone is gonna get hurt!
  • seniorbug2003
    seniorbug2003 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I put on a 2x shirt today it fit. I did not look bad a tad muffiny but it fit!! Just a year ago I was I was about to change my work size to 4x. It is amazing what a year can do. It made me remember why I was doing this.
  • dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Last winter I could barely button a certain pair of pants and I wore them the other day and could easily fasten them and they were a little bit loose. Yay.
  • AZLisaLou
    AZLisaLou Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Tonight was take out night, and my family had Taco Bell. Instead I had tuna, mayo, relish, tomato, lettuce on a Hungry Girl foldit.
  • wmcmurray61
    wmcmurray61 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Every day I seem to find something new. Yesterday I only ate 2, small pieces of Halloween candy. Today, even though I was sore and tired, I still walked 4 miles. The old me would never have been able to do either of those things. It's a mind set for sure. I must REALLY want this.
  • wmcmurray61
    wmcmurray61 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I ran the New York Race for Life 5K today. I've never done anything like that before. I did it in 46 minutes, but no stopping and no walking. Then I walked 2 miles to work. I feel like I accomplished something great today!!!

You DID! That's really great! Keep it up!
  • Twinkie2530
    Twinkie2530 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I really wanted to eat some candy but I didn't. I am proud to report all day I have been candy free!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    i had a morning full of fails, so my small victory was not letting it crush my spirit for the whole day.
  • cstevenson86
    Options
    I love ALL of these...so inspirational! This weekend was tough for me as well with tempting Halloween treats being everywhere...but, I managed to resist. I'm proud of myself that I did. Another accomplishment this weekend was getting up early on Saturday morning and going to Zumba. Usually I blow off Saturday morning Zumba so I can sleep in. That was a victory for me!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    My underwear are too big.
  • cstevenson86
    Options
    Dang girl. That ain't crazy, THATS FABULOUS!!! Not many folks could cut it and serve it without burying their face in the middle of it! I would write bad checks and cuss in church for a good piece of carrot cake. And if you wave a piece of pecan pie in my face
    OOOOOOOOWWWEEEEEEEE, someone is gonna get hurt!

Thank you for the words of encouragement, it means a lot!
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,710 Member
    Options
    The "small" victories are the most important because in reality they are the biggest ones! What this thread refers to as "small victories" is what a lot of other threads refer to as lacking: motivation, willpower, etc. I almost wish that a thread like this would be REQUIRED reading before reading and/or posting on other threads. There's so much to gain from each and every post that it's a shame not everyone sees them.

Anyway, keep contributing everyone! This is a great way to start the week.
  • aerochic42
    aerochic42 Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    at the Halloween carryin last week, the premade packaged baked goods didn't sound good and I didn't eat that much Halloween candy over the weekend, which was especially tricky since the weather was nasty and we didn't get anywere near the kids we normally do and had lots of candy leftover.
  • ltssharon
    ltssharon Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    today I reviewed ego state therapy and how it relates to binging for me.
  • cnadiger
    cnadiger Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I completed my second round of C25K Week 1. I'm ready to start week 2 today....
  • cstevenson86
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    The "small" victories are the most important because in reality they are the biggest ones! What this thread refers to as "small victories" is what a lot of other threads refer to as lacking: motivation, willpower, etc. I almost wish that a thread like this would be REQUIRED reading before reading and/or posting on other threads. There's so much to gain from each and every post that it's a shame not everyone sees them.

Anyway, keep contributing everyone! This is a great way to start the week.

I'm glad you are enjoying the thread I started! I too think there should be more positivity surrounding weight loss. It is such a long journey, why not keep it positive along the way. I totally agree with you that the "small victories" are what set us up for ultimate success. They show us we are capable of making responsible decisions about food and exercise, which will ultimately lead to a healthier lifestyle!