Small victories...what are yours?

Options

Replies

• CynthiasChoice
    CynthiasChoice Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    A few days ago was the two year anniversary of my dog's passing. I got a little emotional and started to think about comforting foods. I didn't give in, though. Instead, I took her collar out, put it in my coat pocket, and took a walk. Instead of burying my feelings, I faced them, and surprisingly, I felt very much at peace.
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    I am going to contribute right now. I was offered left-over pizza at work when I first got on shift. I denied.

2 hours later, I pulled out my apple. Ate it, and it was delicious and sweet and awesome. After I finished, I was then offered pizza again. DENIED! Totally not worth the calories in this case, plus I already pre-logged my apple.
  • FixItDuck
    FixItDuck Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Great work guys!

My small victory was putting my shoes on and going for a walk/run - it was only 15 minutes, and I could only run for one minute at a time, with a minute walking in between, and with a warm up/cool down but I did run 4 minutes in total. It's a victory because I kind of gave up after an injury and hoped for over a month that it would get better, but after 3 visits to the physio, it's much better....and I'm back to the start with running and fitness.
    -
  • gaya3ias
    Options
    My small victory for the day is that I hate half the portion of carbs for breakfast today compared what I usually do. :smile:
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    My small victory is that my husband and I went out last night to a small mall that has MY FAVORITE cookie/brownie place ever, and I walked right by it without a hitch! After "getting back on the wagon" about three weeks ago, it's starting to be easier to say no rather than hide from temptation! :smile:
  • illdrag0n
    Options
    Finally investiting in a heavy duty scale and realising you have dropped 175kg to 153kg since the start of the year. Running 5kms twice a week easily 70kg heavier than your mates and releasing you are a MACHINE. feeling muscle definition forming and realising you are an Adonis under all that fat.
  • redfisher1974
    redfisher1974 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Hit my goal of benching my body weight 10 times,(200lbs)
  • Wronkletoad
    Wronkletoad Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I have resisted the Reeses Peanut Butter cups sitting a few feet from my desk this week! Yes!!

this, kind citizen is not a SMALL goal by any means. *respect* that is cast-iron will!!!!!

und
    Hit my goal of benching my body weight 10 times,(200lbs)

BEAST!!!!!! AWESOME!!!!
  • TanyaLafley
    TanyaLafley Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Finished my second week of my boot camp exercise class. Last night I walked 3 miles and never even got winded.
  • TheRealKit
    TheRealKit Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Maybe not that small , but trying on some old scrub pants and they being actually baggy! It is like having 5 new pair of comfortable scrubs.

Just awesomeness
  • KatieMusselwhite92113
    Options
    I worked at my church's fall festival on Halloween and handed out a total of THREE 5-gallon buckets of candy. I didn't even eat one the entire night! I also just made it through my first "time of the month" without giving in to any cravings-- and actually lost a couple pounds. Small victories are the best!
  • ellepribro
    ellepribro Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    On Friday at work I sat in front of freshly baked apple crisp and ice cream and resisted while everyone around me had some. It felt great to have the willpower to say no to food I didn't want! This is coming from someone who never turns down delicious food. Even if I'm not hungry, I usually eat it.
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I ate half of my delicious pizza I made for dinner yesterday. I usually eat it all but I knew I didn't need it after a day of lounging around the house. I just packed it away and moved on with the day!
  • burnsgene42
    burnsgene42 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I was organizing my closet space, dividing clothes that fit and some that are getting to loose.
    Found a pair of jeans that my daughter gave me 5-6 years ago that were always too small to get into. (I never told her) I tried them on and by golly they fit now. I'm going to wear them to her house for supper.
    That's what I call Progress (;
  • mamarundrc
    mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    Today I ran 4+ miles for the first time since suffering a very bad lower back strain in August. Also, for the first time in FOREVER, I managed to do some type of work out 5 out of 7 day this week!
  • whitewolf1200
    whitewolf1200 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    My prom dress is loose on me.
  • macphile
    macphile Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I bought new bras over the weekend that are smaller than what I was wearing. I can also comfortably wear a pair of pants that I couldn't even button about a year ago.
  • harakiri01
    harakiri01 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Love this post, I've been thinking about it as I've been reading all these other amazing "small victories" and I realize that I actually have quite a few of my own recent ones.
    I've lost 1kg in the past week after not losing any for ages.
    I have been able to start weight training for the first time since March when I did a lot of damage to one of my lower lumbar, and even though the weights aren't that heavy it still feels amazing
    and whist in the supermarket today I realized that I can always look at the tasty pastries without even considering buying one.
  • HereLieWe
    HereLieWe Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Being able to feel bones/muscles that weren't there before. When I flex my calves or biceps, I can see a bulge where there was only fat.
  • Going from drinking 2 litres of coke a day to now drinking 2 litres of water a day...and not even liking the taste of coke anymore!!