november rowing machine challenge 2014

pretty new at this myself but really enjoying the full body cardio aspect of the gym concept 2 machines.
concept 2. com also has lots of tips,videos etc to help.
it also has on online calorie calculator to give accurate burns,which is always a bone of contention on mfp.

the challenge is simply to row 10 times as far or as fast as you can !
should suit all ranges.

happy ROWvember all.
«1345

Replies

  • cw106
    cw106 Posts: 952 Member
    edited November 2014
    1st nov. rowed 6004m. time 30.06.avg stroke per minute( spm) 30. avg 500m split 2:41.cals burned 293.
  • Went from 3-5 minutes rowing vigorously this week. My goal is eventually to be able to row for the gym stated max 30 minutes. Such amazing cardio but should create amazing arms too. :wink:
  • DM01234
    DM01234 Posts: 317 Member
    edited November 2014
    I'm in for the challenge!

    My time yesterday on my Concept2 was 30 minutes / 5744 meters. Relatively new to this so I'm not sure if it's good / bad or something in between. I have the flywheel set to 3.

    It's 30 minutes of pure intensity for my level of fitness.

    Before I row, I also spend about an hour doing a fairly intense session on my treadmill so this may have an impact on my rowing duration.
  • 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    I'll join this challenge. I cant get the info on the concept2 I use but I usually do 30 mins a week/120 mins a month. So I'll shoot for 1200 minutes in November.
  • cw106
    cw106 Posts: 952 Member
    cw106 wrote: »
    1st nov. rowed 6004m. time 30.06.avg stroke per minute( spm) 30. avg 500m split 2:41.cals burned 293.[/quote
    2nd nov rowed 6040m.time 32.00 m.spm 31.resistance level 2.increasing level each time.]
  • cw106
    cw106 Posts: 952 Member
    Ps. Welcome aboard all.
  • DM01234
    DM01234 Posts: 317 Member
    Rowing #1 - 30 minutes / 5744 meters
    Rowing #2 - 30 minutes / 5911 meters
  • cw106
    cw106 Posts: 952 Member
    cw106 wrote: »
    cw106 wrote: »
    1st nov. rowed 6004m. time 30.06.avg stroke per minute( spm) 30. avg 500m split 2:41.cals burned 293.[/quote
    2nd nov rowed 6040m.time 32.00 m.spm 31.resistance level 2.increasing level each time.]

    3rd nov. rowed 6009m time 32.45. spm 29.resistance level 3. cals burned 310.
  • DM01234
    DM01234 Posts: 317 Member
    Rowing #1 - 30 minutes / 5744 meters
    Rowing #2 - 30 minutes / 5911 meters
    Rowing #3 - 30 minutes / 6086 meters
  • cw106
    cw106 Posts: 952 Member
    cw106 wrote: »
    cw106 wrote: »
    cw106 wrote: »
    1st nov. rowed 6004m. time 30.06.avg stroke per minute( spm) 30. avg 500m split 2:41.cals burned 293.[/quote
    2nd nov rowed 6040m.time 32.00 m.spm 31.resistance level 2.increasing level each time.]

    3rd nov. rowed 6009m time 32.45. spm 29.resistance level 3. cals burned 310.
    4th nov rowed 6025. time 32.32 .spm 29.level 4. cals burned 317.
  • 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    Minutes completed -153
    Minutes to go - 1047
    Workouts to go - 24
  • cw106
    cw106 Posts: 952 Member
    edited November 2014
    cw106 wrote: »
    cw106 wrote: »
    cw106 wrote: »
    cw106 wrote: »
    1st nov. rowed 6004m. time 30.06.avg stroke per minute( spm) 30. avg 500m split 2:41.cals burned 293.[/quote
    2nd nov rowed 6040m.time 32.00 m.spm 31.resistance level 2.increasing level each time.]

    3rd nov. rowed 6009m time 32.45. spm 29.resistance level 3. cals burned 310.
    4th nov rowed 6025. time 32.32 .spm 29.level 4. cals burned 317.
    5th nov rowed 6014.time 32.17.spm 28.cals burned 315.level 5.
  • bennettinfinity
    bennettinfinity Posts: 865 Member
    Just came across this board... I usually only row when weather prevents me from getting outside, but I think it will be good for me to try to up the frequency a bit - so, thanks for putting this challenge together!

    11/1: 120 minutes; 24,537 meters
  • 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    Welcome, the more the merrier

    Minutes completed - 213
    Minutes to go - 987
    Workouts to go - 22

    My primary machine doesn't show distance but I'm averaging about 24 strokes a minute
  • DM01234
    DM01234 Posts: 317 Member
    Rowing #1 - 30 minutes / 5744 meters
    Rowing #2 - 30 minutes / 5911 meters
    Rowing #3 - 30 minutes / 6086 meters
    Rowing #4 - 30 minutes / 5877 meters
  • cw106
    cw106 Posts: 952 Member
    7th nov.rowed 6014.time 32.42.spm 31.level 1.
  • bennettinfinity
    bennettinfinity Posts: 865 Member
    11/1: 120 minutes; 24,537 meters
    11/8: 90 minutes; 18,475 meters

  • cw106
    cw106 Posts: 952 Member
    8th nov. rowed 6014. time 32.45. spm 29. cals burned 309.level 2.
  • 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    Minutes completed - 273
    Minutes to go - 927
    Workouts to go - 21
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,249 Member
    Don't know how many of you are aware of this but there is a rowing group

    community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/6431-rowinghttp://

    new faces are always welcome and a number of us participate in the C2 challenges (we have a virtual team MFP Friends on the C2 web site)