What's your mantra?

Options
What are some positive, encouraging words you say to yourself to keep yourself motivated? What's your mantra, slogan, motto, catchphrase?
I'm attending two events with buffets this weekend - yikes! - and I may need to borrow a few new mantras!

Replies

• kaystep33
    kaystep33 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I just try to remember how far I've come. No matter how good the food may taste it doesn't compare to the feeling of pride I get when I look in the mirror.
  • CynthiasChoice
    CynthiasChoice Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    So your mantra is "I'll be proud when I look in the mirror!"
    Mine is getting a bit old now. It's "Peace of mind is sweeter than a piece of cake."
    Any one else? Help!
  • cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    "I can do hard things."

"If it's important to you, you'll find a way. If it's not, you'll find an excuse."

And my absolute favorite: "If you focus on results, you'll never change. If you focus on change, you'll get results."

I don't know if any of those will help you when facing a buffets, but they are the mantras I hold on to and most commonly tell myself.
  • missh1967
    missh1967 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    kaystep33 wrote: »
    I just try to remember how far I've come. No matter how good the food may taste it doesn't compare to the feeling of pride I get when I look in the mirror.
    This!
  • CynthiasChoice
    Options
    "I can do hard things."

"If it's important to you, you'll find a way. If it's not, you'll find an excuse."

And my absolute favorite: "If you focus on results, you'll never change. If you focus on change, you'll get results."

I don't know if any of those will help you when facing a buffets, but they are the mantras I hold on to and most commonly tell myself.

I LOVE these! Thank you so much! "I can do hard things" will become part of my inner dialog, for sure. I tend to like them short and sweet, so maybe just "I'll find a way" and "Focus on change" will work best for me. Thank you!
  • nessab70
    nessab70 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    mine is Just do it
  • sparklelioness
    sparklelioness Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Its been different at various stages of my weightloss.

Right now it's "anything but food". Obviously this excludes my regularly scheduled food - I'm not saying I don't eat! What it means is when I'm stressed/sad/bored/whatever trigger, I can do anything but turn to food. I can go for a walk, go shopping, call a friend, have a beer, do my makeup, exercise, go out on the town - anything. Anything but food.

So when I was down yesterday and thinking of going to Jack In The Box and getting a curly fry and a large oreo shake, I just repeated - anything but food. You can distract yourself any way you want - but not with food.

Somehow it works for me right now.
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    I put mine on my ticker

1209329.png
  • CynthiasChoice
    Options
    Sparklelioness - I really like "Anything but food!" What a great idea. My daughter has a thing for sticky notes. The inside of her bedroom door is covered with brightly colored sticky notes with various messages. I think I might start my own sticky note collection with all my new mantras.
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    lefty421 wrote: »
    What are some positive, encouraging words you say to yourself to keep yourself motivated? What's your mantra, slogan, motto, catchphrase?
    I'm attending two events with buffets this weekend - yikes! - and I may need to borrow a few new mantras!

My mantra for buffets is "get your money's worth!"

• QueenE_
    QueenE_ Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    These lyrics-
    Don't dream it. Be it.

;^)
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Mine is become the change that you would like to see.
  • LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    QueenE_ wrote: »
    These lyrics-
    Don't dream it. Be it.

;^)

• LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Relentless forward progress...
  • trungalung
    Options
    #noexcuse

I tell myself that every time I try to skip or cut short my work out. Thinking of even customizing a tank top with that phrase so I can keep remind myself when I'm at the gym.
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    I can. I will. I must. Over and over every time it gets hard!
  • CynthiasChoice
    Options
    I survived my buffets this weekend. Luckily, they had healthy food! Thank you so much for your wise words - they are a big help! Here's the list so far:

Anything but food
    No excuses
    I can do hard things
    Just do it
    Don’t dream it, be it
    Relentless forward progress
    I can. I will. I must.

Keep the suggestions coming!
  • olivebeanhealthy
    olivebeanhealthy Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Nothing tastes as good as a great body feels
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Dont be upset about the results youre not getting from the hard work youre not doing.
  • whatatime2befit
    whatatime2befit Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    No more excuses.