Working Out In Jeans

Options
Yay or Nay? I LOVE wearing jeans. and I have an entire drawer in my dresser for them. I have maybe 2 pairs of capri leggings and 6 pairs of running shorts that ride up my 455.

Replies

• elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Depends on where you are working out. Most gyms don't allow them.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    No
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    Wear what you want, I'd say. I wear khakis or jeans all the time when I go walking/jogging (haven't ripped out a pair, either, lol). I'm not about to put on a whole workout "outfit" just to go walk/jog with my kids around the neighborhood.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »

What? Tell me of these gyms in which someone can't come as they are. Not snarky at all. Just an ignorant gal (I workout at home or the occasional "drop in" class at my uni's gym--no dress code there).
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    I find it very strange when I see people do this. I find jeans to be really uncomfortable though.
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I'll wear them for walking, but other than that, I find them to be too restrictive and uncomfortable for exercise.
  • gabrielleelliott90
    gabrielleelliott90 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Nay. Same with denim shorts
  • heronh
    heronh Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    For me, No, workout clothes have functions. They wick moisture, are light and gives you range of motion. If shorts are riding up then wear running tights. Or capris.
    But if you're just walking leisurely, wear whatever you want.
  • thegilly6
    thegilly6 Posts: 137 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    This may sound dumb but I love to occasionally work out (strength train) in my jeans and hiking boots. Mainly when I'm too lazy to change into my workout clothes. The jeans and boots make me feel stronger for some strange reason. Incidentally, I work out at home in the basement so no rules to abide by. Just my own.
  • PokeyBug
    PokeyBug Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I say, do what makes you happy and comfortable. You are the one working out, who cares what anyone else thinks?
  • jonniemomof9ak
    jonniemomof9ak Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I have recently done my elliptical for 30 min. In jeans because I was in a time crunch, & didn't want to lose any exercise time. It didn't bother me.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options

What? Tell me of these gyms in which someone can't come as they are. Not snarky at all. Just an ignorant gal (I workout at home or the occasional "drop in" class at my uni's gym--no dress code there).

Planet fitness, the tennis club (and gym) near me, most YMCAs, NY sports club, and many other gyms. They require sneakers and athletic wear usually.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Just wear elastic band jorts. You'll be the coolest person in the gym.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    Aviva92 wrote: »
    I find it very strange when I see people do this. I find jeans to be really uncomfortable though.

Me too. I don't wanna work up a sweat in jeans. That seems really uncomfortable
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    I'm going with no. Not really breathable or functionally appropriate, and any metal embellishment (snaps, studs, zippers, button, etc) can puncture or rip the pads on the equipment. There's a reason gyms require athletic wear.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Negative here.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options

There's a girl at my gym who always comes in denim overalls.

If I'm taking a short (mile and a half at most) walk, jeans are fine. Anything else then I'm in workout gear.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    Nope. Exercise clothes give me the movement I need. I'm totally a jeans and t-shirt kind of girl though, but not for exercising.
  • 50sFit
    50sFit Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Yay or Nay? I LOVE wearing jeans. and I have an entire drawer in my dresser for them. I have maybe 2 pairs of capri leggings and 6 pairs of running shorts that ride up my 455.
    I only wear jeans when rounding up cattle, line dancing or just knocking around town.
    For exercise?
    q954tqrmml8t.jpg