Working Out In Jeans

Options

Replies

• Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Some bros lift in their jeans and work boots at my gym. I think it's odd. Anyway, I can't imagine doing cardio in jeans. So sticky.

I'm surprised your gym allows that. I wonder if there are insurance issues with members who get injured while not wearing proper footwear.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Some bros lift in their jeans and work boots at my gym. I think it's odd. Anyway, I can't imagine doing cardio in jeans. So sticky.

I'm surprised your gym allows that. I wonder if there are insurance issues with members who get injured while not wearing proper footwear.

Seems like a work boot might be safer around heavy things than sneakers.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Mean cameltoe whilst squatting? Pass.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Yay or Nay?

Yay.

Daisy_Dukes.jpg
  • Myrmilt
    Myrmilt Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I used to occasionally hike in jeans when I was first hiking, but cotton and denim kills in the high country, so I don't any more. I only wear wool or synthetics to work out in or hike.

Maybe yard work, but even then I wear yoga pants.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options

Seems like a work boot might be safer around heavy things than sneakers.

Perhaps, I wouldn't know since I don't work out in boots, at least not since I left the military but I just wonder at the insurance and what "proper footwear" might look like in a gym's policy.
  • brewinggirl_butskinnier
    Options
    The thought of it makes my crotch hurt.
  • w734q672
    w734q672 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    This is America, you can do whatever you want.
  • harlequin0318
    harlequin0318 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Not on leg day!
  • alereck
    alereck Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    That spells yeast infection to me, and my gym also does not allow them. But hey, if you love them, wear them, who cares?
  • JenniDaisy
    JenniDaisy Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I get being comfortable, but this is just bizarre. Do you swim in jeans too?
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    _Zardoz_ wrote: »
    Why would you wear clothing that would hold onto moisture and possibly rub ?That makes no sense. If you're comfortable wearing jeans while working out you're not working hard enough.

this
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Nay, denim would never work as workout fabric for me. Athletic wear is meant for stretch, breathability, compression and moisture wicking.
  • Agator82
    Agator82 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Why does this matter? If the anyone wants to wear jeans when he/she work out then G-d bless them and let them wear jeans and likewise if you do not want to do so. I love PF, but is a rule that is silly and it should be eliminated.

At one point of my life I did wear jeans to the gym and I would run and do leg presses and all that good stuff and I was perfectly fine with it.

So if you can workout in jeans and it is comfortable with you do what feels good and ignore the naysayers who will whine about it.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Agator82 wrote: »
    Why does this matter? If the anyone wants to wear jeans when he/she work out then G-d bless them and let them wear jeans and likewise if you do not want to do so. I love PF, but is a rule that is silly and it should be eliminated.

At one point of my life I did wear jeans to the gym and I would run and do leg presses and all that good stuff and I was perfectly fine with it.

So if you can workout in jeans and it is comfortable with you do what feels good and ignore the naysayers who will whine about it.

OP asked for opinions…she is receiving them …

I don't see how there can be "naysayers" when she asked an open ended question ...
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    No way. For walking outside, sure. Running outside when it's cool, heck, I wouldn't really care, but at the gym? No way.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    no way..... I can't even handle full length workout pants while doing cardio.... capris or shorts only
  • Linnaea27
    Linnaea27 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't wear jeans while exercising, unless I happen to be going for a short run at work on lunch and I'm wearing stretch jeans that day anyway. I find they like to ride up uncomfortably, while at the same time falling off my waist (I have yet to buy new jeans after losing 11 lbs). And parts of them get a bit sweat-soaked, yuck. So normally, no. But if you're comfortable in them, go ahead.
  • rainbowblu
    rainbowblu Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Most of us don't wash jeans after 1 wear, but if you exercise in them wont you have to? That would shorten the life of the jeans if you are always washing sweat out of them...
  • DiabolicalColossus
    DiabolicalColossus Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Hey, jorts worked out perfectly fine for Stone Cold Steve Austin.