November Goals? Share yours!

Options
Hey guys!! Its a new month, and hopefully the post Halloween sugar-fog has cleared...

What are your goals for November? Longer?

I am going to participate in No-Scale November as a way to really focus on my eating habits and become more aware of my body (beyond a number). I also hope to lose 10 lbs from my last weigh-in by Christmas (or the 15th, when I travel to visit family for the season). I think No-Scale will help make that happen!!
Also, this month I want to limit my over-calorie days (usually from alcohol) to once a week or less, and start a simple daily stretching / strength building routine.

HOW ABOUT YOU???

Replies

• Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    My goal for this month is to lose 5 pounds and continue progressing through C25K. I'll be seeing my family for Thanksgiving so that's a huge motivator for me! I'm going to aim to stay within my calorie goal every day until Thanksgiving :)

Good luck with your goals! They sound great. Ditching the scale is so therapeutic!
  • CJsf1t
    CJsf1t Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I want to reach my pre pregnancy weight by the year end. I am weighing at 98.8 kgs right now and my pre pregnancy weight was 90. So my November goal Is to lose 5 kgs.
  • Blueseraphchaos
    Blueseraphchaos Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    November goal: try to find some exercise that involves no impact to my legs, since one knee is severely injured, and hopefully lose a pound this month. But i won't stress over it anyway, since the most important part is making sure this knee heals correctly...
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Mine is to get ready for the 5k I signed up for in December.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    November goal: try to find some exercise that involves no impact to my legs, since one knee is severely injured, and hopefully lose a pound this month. But i won't stress over it anyway, since the most important part is making sure this knee heals correctly...

Swimming? Otherwise would rowing be a bad idea because of the bending, or is it just putting weight on it that's bad?
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    Goal for me, lost a few lbs maybe? Otherwise try and see if I can gain a bit of strength back, especially in my arms, and continue healing my tennis elbow
  • _L_A_
    _L_A_ Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I failed miserably with my October goals so I'm going to try and not be too ambitious this month:

1 - NO binge eating AT ALL in November
    2 - Do a park run in November
    3 - Go to the gym at least once a week (aim to re-start weight lifting)
    4 - Do a 10K run (already paid for this so I doubt I won't do it!)
  • phook0530
    phook0530 Posts: 6
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I am pretty new to MyFitnessPal and am determined to succeed. My goals for November are simple in theory, but slightly more difficult to execute. Here are my goals:

1 - Discover and address issues for why I am currently overweight.
    2 - Develop a morning workout routine where I walk between 1-3 miles every morning.
    3 - Lose between 4-7 pounds by December 1st.

Best of luck to all of you in reaching our goals!
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    My November fitness goals:

1. Maintain 50,000+ walking steps per week
    2. Stick to an organized/planned strength training schedule (3x week--NOT one day--STOP being lazy, self)
    3. Increase my intake by 50-100/day each week until maintenance level is reached (ongoing goal)
  • junior717
    junior717 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My November goal is to lose atleast 5lbs. Continue to exercise for atleast 30 minutes or 1 hour.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Start a new running training plan after my half marathon next week aimed at a race in January, and keep up with the running despite colder temperatures. (This is my biggest winter challenge.) Also, keep up with the morning exercise during the week and a regular strength training schedule.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Start Stronglifts 5x5 and exercise regularly (5-6 days a week) again
  • jaimekbee1219
    jaimekbee1219 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    My goal for November is to do yoga daily. I really want to be more dedicated in my practice - I really liked how I felt when I was doing it every day over the summer. Unfortunately I'm sick and have missed the first two days of the month... Hopefully I can start tomorrow!
  • Blueseraphchaos
    Options
    ana3067 wrote: »

Swimming? Otherwise would rowing be a bad idea because of the bending, or is it just putting weight on it that's bad?

Swimming is actually a great idea...i guess the only problem is that, since i won't have a car for awhile and i can barely walk, i need to find something nearby to do...the gym i have my membership at (with a pool, sigh) is 6 miles away. I have an elliptical, but when i tried it, iv just about fell over, lol.

Maybe wii boxing would help me get a little exercise in? I know very little about rowing, but i thought a machine was involved? Bending the knee hurts, but the doctor was very adamant about no weight while it's bent, so I'm thinking that bending it won't set me back, just bearing weight on it.
  • SMarieEM
    SMarieEM Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    My goal is to walk or snowshoe every day 60 minutes or more and do strength training. But my main goal is to focus on my diet - eat healthy and keep it under 1,400 calories a day. Hopefully I will lose 10-15 pounds.
  • justalittlecrazy
    justalittlecrazy Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    1. Walk 40 miles per week.
    2. Stay within daily calories + eat back 1/2 of exercise calories.
    3. Get to under 300lbs. About 8.5 lbs to go.
  • kathyc727
    kathyc727 Posts: 187 Member
    Options

YouTube has some chair exercise videos...some of them geared for Seniors, but not all. Saw a 40 mi. cardio/strenght workout that may be beneficial to you. Jessica Smith(I think is her name) Best of luck.
  • molson55
    molson55 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    1. No binging
    2. Survive my triggers (going home is a big one)
    3. Lose 5 more lbs.
    4. Get more lean
    5. Exercise 5 days a week
    6. Forgive myself if I make mistakes
  • kathyc727
    kathyc727 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    My goal is to try to burn 15,000 for the month.
  • Blueseraphchaos
    Options
    kathyc727 wrote: »

YouTube has some chair exercise videos...some of them geared for Seniors, but not all. Saw a 40 mi. cardio/strenght workout that may be beneficial to you. Jessica Smith(I think is her name) Best of luck.

Thanks, I'll look that up. For some reason, YouTube didn't enter my mind...lol