Cutting down on alcohol

Options
13»

Replies

• esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    You have to find what works for you and your lifestyle. For me - I only drink here and there now. I either sit down and have a few glasses of wine at home on a friday night. Or I'll have one amazing mojito from my favorite place when out with friends. My monthly consumption has basically reduced to what I used to drink in one night 2.5 years ago......
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    stick to low calorie and "healthy" options. pretty much red wine and whiskey and it's variations.

you're going to have to learn to pace yourself better, which is something i struggle with. i tell myself something like "i'm only going to have four drinks during the course of this four hour party."

get a glass of water/club soda/ or diet soda in between drinks.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    prium01 wrote: »
    I too cannot stop at one or two so...I stay away from drinking ,weight loss doesn't go along with drinking...

i love your profile picture.

and i regularly drink, and have lost weight. a glass of alcohol can have a lot of beneficial effects.
  • mojohowitz
    mojohowitz Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    AA
  • AceoStar
    AceoStar Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to curb this by just dramatically reducing the drinking days in my week. The first 20lbs I cut out drinking during the week days. Now that my loss is starting to slow, I'm having to cut back to one or two nights on the weekend instead of 3. I'm still staying under my calories but all the reading about burning alcohol calories first makes me feel like I'm getting behind on fat calories burned.